Sometimes FS makes you go wow.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes FS makes you go wow....

What is really cool is to see how everyones setup is different, but we all experience that popping "WOW" factor....
    Here is another once from testing a new paint and new 412 model that I will be releasing this weekend (hopefully)

great pic! looks like the 412. that Motorway/Autobahn/Freeway looks quiet, if only they were that way!

It was a German Holiday at 6 in the morning... :P

My install of FS2004 is mostly stock (other than the nearly 500 aircraft in my collection..and still growing). The only mods I have made to the sim itself is the installation of Real Evironment Pro, Rhumbafloppy's new world mesh (a huge improvement over the stock mesh in both FS2004 and CFS2), and the use of FSMetars to handle real time weather. I get those "wow" moments quite often in both sims...but looking at screenshot from you folks with all the payware mesh, scenery, ground textures, cloud packages....my "wow" factor pales in comparison....but, for a sim built around freeware items, I am still happy with what I have. Simming is supposed to be my cheap hobby...fish keeping is my "expensive" hobby.

OBIO

Simming with payware is cheap compared to my "expensive" hobby.....

Drag Racing....

my expensive hobby is Ultralighting/Microlighting... but do enjoy racing on a bike or in a car round donnington racetrack on track days easy to get through a set of tyres

Trust me I know....I go thru tires every 3 months on the rear of my car....

Obio, the only payware in my FS install is some of the aircraft. It's just a matter of finding the most bang for the buck. I fly older aircraft and Bill Lyons' Silver Wings fits real nice with that.

As for more expensive hobbies, I quit doing the motorsports thing years ago. Now, my outdoors hobby is horses.

Most of my payware addons are either scenery for Germany, or enviromental....

yeah most of mine is environmental, with splotches of scenery all over... still enjoy loading up in my Harrier over in Afghanistan and hitting the valleys over by the Pakistani border, which reminds me to finish some scenery items for 'training camps', which brings me onto a slightly off topic question, anyone know where i can find EZ-Effects so i can place smoke etc...? back on topic, anyone with activesky, is it worth getting? i mean in terms of looks and ability to render complex weather patterns...

Yes. Active Sky I would be one of the few addons that I consider to be a Must Have...

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    As for more expensive hobbies, I quit doing the motorsports thing years ago. Now, my outdoors hobby is horses.
    How to make a small fortune out of horses....start with a large one

To topic: I go outside and look at the sky, and it doen't look as good as some of the screenshots around here!
    Thinking about Active Sky, I look one more time at my Flight Environment setup, and see that I haven't even scratched the surface of the possible combinations of cumulus, cirrus, stratus, there must be thousands of possibles.
    So I take a chance on the Random Spinner, and it ain't 'arf bad:

Moves well inside the sim too, which is important.
    Decisions, decisions...

adhockey
    Quote Originally Posted by VPL Paolo Lao View Post
    Those Shots are awsome, can't resist to join, active sky and GEpro is a really good combination.
    Ooh, where did you find that Air America repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yeah, i'm a painter over at IRIS and not even i have that bucc lol, see if the boss has i suppose.... *goes hunting DB*
    Its'a good (IMHO) model, the animations of the tailplane flaps are correct,
    unlike some others which tag them as elevators, just needs a good 2d panel to go with it; although I use a HUD minipanel.

For the purists...the model is an S2A variant, sans the bulged bomb door tank, (and 'Pave Spike'...) however, we did have a couple of 'slick' bomb doors available in case one had to be removed due to leakage (which it did fairly frequently)

ttfn

Pete

yeah the Bucc is an aircraft i absolutely love, shame about the red tape here restricting it to static and fast taxi, might do a piece of profile art on the Bucc, it's deserving of it i feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yeah the Bucc is an aircraft i absolutely love, shame about the red tape here restricting it to static and fast taxi, might do a piece of profile art on the Bucc, it's deserving of it i feel...
    No,real problem is the rib-interspar 80 (cause of the 1981 Nellis crash)
    NDT requirement, any civilian operator would have to have very deep pockets to pay for that work,(which is why Mike 'Beachy' Head can afford it in SA)

better stop here before this thread drifts anymore....and post another screenie

or two....

(ok so I made it B&W...Fs9; Cap'n Sim Mig,Czech photoscenery, alternate clouds)

here's the full colour version

If anyone wants to use 'em feel free to d/l for desktops,whatever

ttfn

Pete

Sweet shots!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

love that fishbed shot!

Decided to play around with FE again after getting ASV6 the way I like it......

A couple of my WOW moments in FS9:

Barry

Using some different cloud textures now.....

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

How's that for Christmas ? Not as difficult as finding an airstrip in the fog, though...

Greetings to all

Fleurdelys

Have to agree here with HDE and REP ... just awesome.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I been so busy recently I some how missed this topic. Great shots everyone!! Very realistic and I see what you mean by the WOW factor!! My gosh

Milton, I notice you're flying the Howard 500. Which I recently found and installed. I love flying this beauty. She's so graceful. (great piece of work there) I also see you have a different paint scheme you're showing us. Is this available on your website? I'd love to have it!!

Also, out of curiosity mainly. Do you ever plan on remodeling the Howard 500? Reason I ask is it looks like you've come a long way since then. Something I'd love to see happen :ernae: