Sometimes FS makes you go wow....
Page 1 of 26 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes FS makes you go wow....

Sometimes FS makes you go wow....

Had to share these....All FS9......

Charter Member 2016
    Good lord !! Photo quality if I've ever seen it. . . fantastic !

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Rat.NL
    please tell us wich addons you use

I had one of those moments yesterday. I was flying Brian Gladden's Cessna 140 Float plane around Alaska, going over some mountains, and the scenery was just amazing. The sun was sitting over the peaks, the sky color was just right. Rhumbafloppy's new world mesh had the terrain looking very very good. I took about a dozen screen shots, but can not attach them.

OBIO

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    I had one of those moments yesterday. I was flying Brian Gladden's Cessna 140 Float plane around Alaska, going over some mountains, and the scenery was just amazing. The sun was sitting over the peaks, the sky color was just right. Rhumbafloppy's new world mesh had the terrain looking very very good. I took about a dozen screen shots, but can not attach them.

OBIO
    I'm glad to see someone enjoying somthing I made nearly seven years ago!

The 140 was only the second plane I made with a real VC and the first with windows cut out by hand rather than square one's made by manipulation polys (Norseman)

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

Thanks for sharing your FS enjoyment - that's what it's all about! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    I'm glad to see someone enjoying somthing I made nearly seven years ago!

The 140 was only the second plane I made with a real VC and the first with windows cut out by hand rather than square one's made by manipulation polys (Norseman)

Brian
    Brian

I am enjoying every single one of your planes that I have downloaded. I haven't gotten them all yet, but will! I have to spend some time with the ones I already have before I distract myself with the rest.

Although the Cessna 140 is 7 years old, it is brand new to me since I just got FS2004 for Christmas this last year. Prior to that I had CFS2 for 2 or 3 years, prior to that I had CFS3 for 3 years but could never get it to run right and feel like anything but an arcade game.

OBIO

nice shots, heres a couple from me that gave me the same "wow" effect, taken last night testing the Agusta 109 repaint of the chopper from the TV Show 'Ultimate Force'

hope you all enjoy looking at them as much as i do

Thanks! I use Active Sky for clouds and sky and weather. GePro for the ground. Clouds are the 512x512 textures, and 100 3d clouds. In AS I do not limit the layers, I extend the T-storm limits, favor cumlulos vs stratus, and force lowest ceiling.

nice! i use a mix of real environment pro, and a fair few other add-ons/ins... and just to add that night time touch i also use Shockwaves 3D Lights Redux just makes it that much nicer

Here's a favorite of mine...a morning flight over Cape Cod.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

I find AS6s clouds just more realistic looking....

Those Shots are awsome, can't resist to join, active sky and GEpro is a really good combination.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    Those moments are great aren't they?
    You'll just be cruising along, and suddenly, Wham!
    You get it when you're physically out in nature, it's amazing you can get it on a 2d electronic collection of pixels.
    AS must be the only addon I don't have, the screens are so consistently good it really looks like a must-have.
    Does it co-exist with GE Pro?

not even i have AS, mine are from a file i've now forgotten the name of will get digging.... yeah AS worth getting just on the basis of textures etc...?

Blog Entries
    I have to admit, I've had a few of those moments using AS and REPro, they really are wow moments. This is what I love about FS2004...despite the built-in wow factor of FSX, the old sim has a lot of life left in it. Thanks for posting.

Here are a few that I enjoyed (Shockwave 3d lights here too):

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Here is a screenie with Repro, Ultimate Terrain, and BEV Summer........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

sure does

ttfn

Pete

love the Bucc shot, whos model is that?

IRIS/DSB UK Fighters one, so far, the best model out there I've tried. ( I worked on 'em 208 Sqn)

ttfn

Pete

yeah, i'm a painter over at IRIS and not even i have that bucc lol, see if the boss has i suppose.... *goes hunting DB*

In FS9 or FSX, I like to start a flight at dawn or about 30 minutes before dusk....I think this is where each sim really will "wow" you as it transitions...it really hits its mark.

Nice shots everyone ! Gotta find some more hours in the day to do some flying....

Do you ever wish you had one of those "Stop Time" stopwatches where you could stop time for everyone except you? Time is stopped but you carry on....Might be able to catch-up with a lot of stuff with one of those.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Do you ever wish you had one of those "Stop Time" stopwatches where you could stop time for everyone except you?
    constantly, might get more repaints done then, still got a few Ace Combat themed repaints to go....

Here's an AI shot I took last night over the Amazon. Nothing fancy, just Silver Wings.

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Nice Screenshots @ all :ernae:
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "