IRIS Pro Series F-111G Work in Progress Shots.. :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Pro Series F-111G Work in Progress Shots.. :)

IRIS Pro Series F-111G Work in Progress Shots.. :)

It's been a busy two or three days doing painting and model adjustments to convert our 'special' F-111F to an F-111G.

Below are the very latest renders of an Aussie Pig.. Enjoy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks fantastic David!
    Barry

NIce. Can you put up some shots of the VC and some of the other paints?

Ooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Making room in the hangar for this one ! Looks good.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Charter Member 09
    Will this model show the Pave Tack Pod? We built the big Beryllium stabilization mirror. The biggest single piece of Beryllium that had been ever made.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Dag
    Hi David,

Damn nice work, looks amazing indeed, love the panel-detail

Back to the PBY..

Ah, VC is being kept quiet at the moment as we're having to rework it for the G model. At the moment it has what appears to be an A model configuration to the cockpit..so it needs a fair bit of work. As for other paints... this one is the first one we've done so far... with a whopping 995Mb paintkit, it's taking me a while to upload.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tigisfat
    This looks very high detail. Is it the same painter that painted the default F-14 paints?

can't wait she's gorgeous!!

I don't want to sound critical, so please take this as constructive, but in the first shot the nose doesn't quite look right. The F-111 has a very distinctive nose profile and maybe its the angle the shot was taken? But to my eyes it's missing something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Looks fantastic, been waiting for a new Pig for ages!!

Just found this pic (might be worth flippin it) - see how the nose right at the end is curved upwards more at the end.

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/me...79/F_111_1.jpg

You have a point...might need to address that...shouldn't be to hard though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, after reading the previous posts, can we infer the package is going to include an A, F, and G model?

Retired SOH Administrator
    Outstanding job David.....this will show these prop farts in here what a real plane can do...where my private copy anyway Do you except food stamps for payment..lol...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Awesome David and team, I cannot wait to fly this baby!
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    yup yup. the nose be slightly more squished and upturned on the real ones.. More than one reason they called em "pigs""
    Hey Smoothy?? Can you do a "Miss Piggy" livery for me?? Pweeeeaaaaassse???

VFR Reviews
    Looks nice David!

For now, I'm just enjoying my Vulcan- it's keeping me busy :ernae:

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant! A must have for me.

Since, I believe, that the RAAF pigs were ex-FB-111's, can we expect that variant?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I don't want to sound critical, so please take this as constructive, but in the first shot the nose doesn't quite look right. The F-111 has a very distinctive nose profile and maybe its the angle the shot was taken? But to my eyes it's missing something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Looks fantastic, been waiting for a new Pig for ages!!

Just found this pic (might be worth flippin it) - see how the nose right at the end is curved upwards more at the end.

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/me...79/F_111_1.jpg
    I agree with you on the nose shape, matey. It lacks that 'swoop' look from side on.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Brilliant! A must have for me.

Since, I believe, that the RAAF pigs were ex-FB-111's, can we expect that variant?

Bob
    For what it's worth.....

Because of this the RAAF F-111G's have a distinctive indentation on the nose just fwd of the windscreen where the FB-111's celestial navigation system was placed.

But.... that could be delving into the realm of rivet counting - so my apologies in advance

She looks great and I can't what until she comes out of the hangar.

Pete
    AGAS 5 Textures

" AGAS 5 was a patrol callsign of the Z Special Unit (Z Force) during Project Kingfisher. This was the operation to free some 2,500 Australian and Allied POW's from occupied Borneo during WW2... only 6 POW's survived... ask MacArther what happened to the rest..." Frank Haley, Signalman, AGAS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I agree with you on the nose shape, matey. It lacks that 'swoop' look from side on.
    Just curious as to whether or not you've actually seen this model from the side?

KC

To see two of these swooosh over Wigram .. course the RAAF on a murky day circle ... This is Christchurch city area (NZ) , by this time i was on the factory roof .. incoming cloud and drizel then up they went , afterburners maxed and punching a large hole though the weather ! rounda bout 1985 , absolutely impressive ! ... looking forward to this one !

Sold.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD