Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim(FS9/FSX)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim(FS9/FSX)

Lockheed L-1049 G uploaded on Avsim(FS9/FSX)

Dear All

The Starliner( now Connie) team arround Manfred Jahn has finished the first Constellation,the L-1049 G

Also Calclassic http://www.calclassic.com/ community contributed a lot

It is a native FS9 model but flys well in FSX with no shortcummings.Also frame rate is descent

It will be uploaded today at AVSIM(patience they are not so quick)

You get a Lockheed L-1049 G super Constellation

radar nose with our without tiptanks
    short nose with our without tiptanks
    a full VC and a 2D panel
    several repaints

This is the first freeware Connie with VC(if you dont count our Starliner to Connies)

Some pictures

Have fun

thunder100

Starliner team

Outstanding!

I look forward to this new addition and will, no doubt, spend
    many hours in the VC as I have with previous Connie models!

Alas, I must wait until I return from a couple of weeks down
    in "Oz"

Paul

Excellent !
    I also have the previous model in my FSX since it received a VC, and I appreciated it a lot. This new Connie looks great

looks cool will have to give an a test fly soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oooooohh!!, that looks great! I'll check Avsim later!

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

No joy on getting into Avsim's file area this afternoon.......the wed site is unavailable for me.

-G-

BananaBob
    Seem Avsim has been screwy the last couple of days, sent a file to upload and haven't heard back for it yet and that was a day ago.

i don't understand... don't i already have this aircraft in the TWA paint? isn't it the one that came with a vc and also w/o a vc? if so, what is new besides the paints?
    i just want to understand before i decide which way to go. i like the ones i have now pretty well.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Thunder!

One of my top faves.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    i don't understand... don't i already have this aircraft in the TWA paint? isn't it the one that came with a vc and also w/o a vc? if so, what is new besides the paints?
    i just want to understand before i decide which way to go. i like the ones i have now pretty well.
    These are the L-1049G Super Constellations, the one you already have is the L-1649 Starliner. I'll let someone with more knowledge explain the difference, they are siblings but not the same plane. Also, the new 1049 package includes a lot of models, radar nose, w/o radar nose, tip tanks, w/o tip tanks, etc. You'll be wanting this new set as well!

<CENTER>FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Propliners </CENTER><CENTER>FS2004 Lockheed L-1049 Super G
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: l1049g.zip Size: 32,848,416 Date: 05-04-2009
    FS2004 Lockheed L-1049 Super G Constellation. First flown in December 1954, the "Super G" was the most successful and prestigious civil variant of Lockheed's Super Constellation series. It could carry up to 99 passengers, and optional wing-tip tanks holding 600 gallons each enabled it to comfortably fly the popular long-distance routes. Included in the package are four models representing aircraft with and without radar noses and tip tanks. Model, VC, and texture basics by Manfred Jahn. Panels, gauges, and animations by Hansjoerg Naegele. Flight dynamics by Luis Pallas. Wing view angles by Bill Tyne and Andreas Trapp. Lights and exhaust effects by Roland Berger. Checklist and documentation by Volker Boehme. Flight test and handling research by Stefan Werner.

Flightsim was faster

happy Flying

Roland aka thunder100

Quote Originally Posted by hobofat View Post
    These are the L-1049G Super Constellations, the one you already have is the L-1649 Starliner. I'll let someone with more knowledge explain the difference, they are siblings but not the same plane. Also, the new 1049 package includes a lot of models, radar nose, w/o radar nose, tip tanks, w/o tip tanks, etc. You'll be wanting this new set as well!
    This may help:

http://www.superconstellation.org/Co...e=history-1049

The L-1049G preceded the L-1649.

-G-

Z-PurpleBubble

VC pics?

Could someone post some VC pics here please?

Thanks!

PB

How does one fix the props (if you even can)?

Sorry, but I am picky about my props in FSX these days.....

-G-

Hey, we have provided FSX SP2 prop textures, they are in a folder called fsx props and you must choose the model and rename the file to propdisk.bmp or propdisk.dds and delete the one in the aircraft texture or livery folder and paste the new one. Here are some VC shots. Enjoy!

By fsxdiego at 2009-05-04

Diego S. Barreto

"Representing the pinnacle of piston-engined air transport design, the Starliner's operational career was curtailed by the dawning of the jet age."
    This line made me chuckle. Especially after having read about the Howard 500 again yesterday, which is nothing short of a jet with pistons. :d

Look to Avsim(if it ever works) for Starliner 2.2

This will bring you there
    `
    Roland

Got it over at flightsim. Very nice bird for a port! I'm still trying out the different prop textures. Are there any military C-121 paints for this Super-G?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Hey, that is great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by diegoxs View Post
    Hey, we have provided FSX SP2 prop textures, they are in a folder called fsx props and you must choose the model and rename the file to propdisk.bmp or propdisk.dds and delete the one in the aircraft texture or livery folder and paste the new one. Here are some VC shots. Enjoy!

Diego S. Barreto
    That virtual cockpit is really a beauty, just like the plane.
    Also, it's a very dark cockpit. Can't wait to test it with the bloom module. The sky will get very bright for sure, the effect will be lovely at sunset !

FE Panel

Just wondering if any one with acceleration pack is having this problem, the sub panels will come up once but after that they don't show up. I can bring up the sub panels while in the 2D panel by using the Shift + panel number. Moved the gauges into the main folder, didn't seem to help. Thanks for any suggestions
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Hi

In VC we did not (yet) model the FE panel(FPS dropped dramatic) so we only tested the full functionality in 2D

Is it the problem to bring in FE the subviews like other tank gauge view up od do the icons disapear?the icons are intentionally they come back for a moment when you hoover over the spot they are

Roland

SOH-CM-2024
    Mine stays in FS9. The port over to FSX was okay, but my lights (not just the Connie's) are buggered by one of the gauges or effects. They just show up as dark squares. Switching planes cause the effect to go away.

But it is just such a stunning piece of work, I have had every single version in FS9.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Mine stays in FS9. The port over to FSX was okay, but my lights (not just the Connie's) are buggered by one of the gauges or effects. They just show up as dark squares. Switching planes cause the effect to go away.

But it is just such a stunning piece of work, I have had every single version in FS9.

Caz
    Caz

my FSX too but after a second or so the odd rectangles go to normal lights(not just Connie)

What you can do if you want to fly in FSX (My computer refuses to ubstall FS9 again)

a.)Change our lights by true FSX lights from e.g B737
    b.)Buy the shockwave lights
    c.)forget the lights

I am in b&c

Roland

L1049 for fsx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    This may help:

http://www.superconstellation.org/Co...e=history-1049

The L-1049G preceded the L-1649.

-G-
    How do you make the folders in FSX so the different variants show
    in FSX Preview Screen? Each variant has its own Acft.cfg and model
    file so when you launch FSX you get a "multiple file" nag from fsx every time you select a different plane or whatever.Its very annoying and I need
    to figure out what the folder structure should be like. :isadizzy: