Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim

Quote Originally Posted by CC_17 View Post
    Sorry to wander off topic,

BUT, can someone maybe tell me why I need to get my post approved ? and also why that that must take hours to get a post visible here ?

I'm mostly used to make a post and than be able to see it pretty much directly, what am I missing ?
    Check your PM Inbox Fled. And long time no see! Glad to see the cheese-bat flying around the Outhouse once again. :ernae:

Thank you Tom

Seems the thing has sorted it self out

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmike View Post
    Check your PM Inbox Fled. And long time no see! Glad to see the cheese-bat flying around the Outhouse once again. :ernae:
    gna gna :P

got the PM Mike, good to see you too

seems the post got through as well so all is hunkydorie again

Catch ya soon

:ernae:

Drake
    Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Nice work, Tim !
    Thanks, Jan! Glad you like it :ernae:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard to convert your D-ALER Starliner textures, gelle? :ernae:
    Indeed, that saved me a lot of work I've uploaded it a few hours ago to Flightsim and I hope it will be available soon

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Charter Member 2011
    Tim it looks really good in that livery!
    Mind you, it has real presence, in almost any colours, even today

Makes you feel confident of tackling the really Big Stuff, with impunity.

Great model

Hi All,

TCA repaints are already in the works....of course that is not to stop anyone from making another set

For the later G models and

For the earlier or as delivered C models.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    A couple of "minor" issues I found on a 1700 mile 'test hop' yesterday:

The FE panel defaults to opening as a full window covering your VC but it can be dragged to a smaller size to allow you to see the approaching ground

When you close the FE panel while in the VC it automatically opens the "Radio" panel (but it's only the secondary radios).

Hint: read up on the fuel management system! I didn't blow an engine because I tried to be good and gentle, but I DID have a fuel supply issue (see below)

If you need to feather an engine thru the FE panel you may find you have to open the Lower FE Panel which then covers (as default) the engine control levers. (How do I know?? that pesky double engine failure while in cruise, on Otto, as the crew was having lunch showed me a lot of surprises)

If you load the World Wide Airlines repaint (ww1049g.zip) it will take a bit of shuffling to get it all set up and it appears (at least on my sim) with blurries on the fuselage textures...have to cycle thru the views to get it to pop in sharp and then it looks great! I've emailed Garry Harper to inquire about it.
    Update: Garry has released a revised set of textures .. on FlightSim today

Sound: I aliased mine to the Breitling Connie sound set but others are out there.. I just like that particular one.
    -- "squeaky brakes" don't seem as loud as the Starliner but that might might just be my ears after 5 hrs of Turbo-Compound abuse

As I said, small issues.. and to be back in a Connie on a 5 hr cross-country was a treat

Now comes the review of my Connie references to find all the ones that need to be painted (so far I've found about 9 candidates outside the obvious ones that are worthy) :mixedsmi:

Rob
    Hi Rob,

The FE panel opening to the full screen mode has been discussed amongst the team during the Starliner project and since the FE really did not need to look outside to do his job this large view was selected.
    Otto should be flying the airplane if you as a single pilot need to work on the FE panel for extended periods.

1. Set the auto feather switch on the top left of the FE panel to on and that's one less task you need to worry about should an engine fail or run out of gas while you fly along. But yes for the short moment it takes to unfeather the engine that panel does block the fuel tank levers and so on.

2. I can not reproduce the radio panel #2 opening up when closing the FE panel. I tried opening the FE panel with the icon on the main panel and closing with the left arrow icon and open and close via SHIFT+4 in both FS9 and FSX.

3. The squeaky breaks are the same files so there should not be any difference.

Cheers
    Stefan

Great repaint, Stefan!

I've just uploaded my Qantas livery :

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

@ Tim:
    Great job on the Lufthansa Connie!
    Ganz lieben Dank!

I hope you all forgive the follwing statement, but in my eyes, it's this Lufthansa livery that old beauty seems to be designed for...
    Awesome!

@ Sunny:
    Nice one too.
    You're going to add floaters? :d
    I'm glad you're on it - still enough in the pipeline for me to get ready with...

Anime Adoring Aviator
    Nice plane and some great paintjobs just days after the release. So far I have not heard of anyone doing USAF or Navy paints for this version. Is that because the military versions differ too much from the civilian version? I cant find info on that.

During my search I did find a site that has tons of pictures. Especially the sections by Stephen Miller: http://www.conniesurvivors.com/.
    Might be interesting for enthousiasts and repainters.

The repaints on this site are currently on hold to allow their creator to modify them to include the interior textures that were not included on the paint-kit which was available long before the aircraft was ready to fly.
    But there is a great selection of all sorts of airlines and the military.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...9b1b3e8bc16d1f

The different Radome and Antennae versions are not done yet so there are no repaints done for them as far as I know.

Thanks Bill....I still have a bit more work to do on them...but what are floaters ??

Stefan

jordonj
    Can't login to flightsim.com. Man this is aggravating...

Hi Guys,

I am trying something new with these two repaints for the TCA L-1049.

I have uploaded the texture zips to Mediafire and they should be available from there for anyone.

The later white top texture is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tedlnzk2wcd/L-1049 texture.tca Late.zip

and the earlier all polished texture is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yfdkdmi2mnw/L-1049 texture.tca Early.zip

Readme files with install instructions are in the zip and this time the folders should contain all the textures so no need to make a new texture folder....this time only

Let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers
    Stefan

Just downloaded it! Looks great....thanks a lot, Stefan! :ernae:
    My Varig repaint is now available too: flightsim.com

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

Thanks Tim...I'll be getting that one in a second.

Btw what paint program are you using ?? Seems like your curved lines are coming out a bit cleaner than mine in PSP.

Hi Stefan,

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Btw what paint program are you using ?? Seems like your curved lines are coming out a bit cleaner than mine in PSP.
    I use Photoshop CS4 Extended

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

...but what are floaters ??
    It's those tiny boat-like things that waterplanes to "land" on.
    (Besser bekannt als "Schwimmer".)

Your TCA screenies appeared like your Connie is about to water-land at a very high sinkrate... :d

Grüße,
    Markus.

Still cannot upload images here, but here is a link to some screenshots of mine @ Flightsim ...

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/sho...d.php?t=196332

I absolutely love this aircraft - can't stop flying it!

Mike

Hallole Markus

ah "Floats" .... thought that's what you meant but I was not sure if I missed a joke. :ernae:

As for the screenies I take them in FSRepaint which I use for the display during the paint process.

Viele Grüße aus Californien -- Greetings from Californa

Rob - try this...

[Window03]
    file=Fepanel.bmp
    size_mm=1024
    window_size=0.45 //45% screen width - can be adjusted to taste
    position=2 //upper-right corner
    windowsize_ratio=1.25
    visible=0
    ident=10003
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi All,

TCA repaints are already in the works....of course that is not to stop anyone from making another set

For the later G models and

For the earlier or as delivered C models.

Stefan

Is the short nose without tank tips out?
    its funny, can't figure really why that's my favorite, but it is

I guess that it was in the original down load,
    just the model not used

I guess you have it figured out by now but if anyone else at this point is still looking for the 4 basic variations ....they are in the released version.
    In each of the different model folders is also a aircraft.cfg file which has the modifications to the tank and lights sections that are needed to make the airplane correct in the sim.

The other options are of course manually editing the cfg file by adding AND removing the // where needed to make things right. The comments should give good clues on what is needed for each and when.

One of the problems we face with the L-1049 is the multitude of variations....and the Huskies and Military models are not even out just yet.

Personally I have made 4 aircraft folders for the current variations. There will be a few more in the near future because of course there are also going to be different engines to account for with the H and military models.

Cheers
    Stefan

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks fellas, another screen for my desktop. The best just gets better.

Caz

For those of you that just need to haul the bigger stuff...the L-1049 family has now been increased with the H models. Featuring more powerful engines and the large cargo door.

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm...ame=l1049h.zip

Also an update for the L-1049G which corrects a few issues such as the lights sometimes not working in different views.

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm...e=l1049g_u.zip

Cheers
    Stefan