Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim

  1. #1
    Charter Member 2010
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vienna/austria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    542

    Lockheed L-1049 G uploaded on Avsim(FS9/FSX)

    Dear All

    The Starliner( now Connie) team arround Manfred Jahn has finished the first Constellation,the L-1049 G

    Also Calclassic http://www.calclassic.com/ community contributed a lot

    It will be uploaded today at AVSIM(patience they are not so quick)

    You get a Lockheed L-1049 G super Constellation

    radar nose with our without tiptanks
    short nose with our without tiptanks
    a full VC and a 2D panel
    several repaints

    This is the first freeware Connie with VC(if you dont count our Starliner to Connies)

    Some pictures(all have a paint)










    Have fun

    thunder100
    Starliner team

  2. #2
    FlyTexas
    Guest
    Definitely looking forward to this one.

    Brian

  3. #3
    Charter Member 2014 srgalahad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CYYC or MMSD (GMT -7)
    Posts
    3,882
    YES!!!!!!!!!

    C'mon AvSim!!! I can't wait!

    "To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein


  4. #4
    oh boy..!!! leaving work early..!!! thanks to the team..!!

    rgds
    t.creed

  5. #5
    AvSim's server seems to be having "issues" again at the moment. But definitely looking forward to this one!

  6. #6
    available at flightsim as i type...:ernae:

    rgds
    t.creed

  7. #7
    I'm not finding it - what's the filename?

  8. #8
    Charter Member 2012 CG_1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NAS Fallon and Sin City AOR
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,191
    FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Propliners FS2004 Lockheed L-1049 Super G
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: l1049g.zip Size: 32,848,416 Date: 05-04-2009
    FS2004 Lockheed L-1049 Super G Constellation. First flown in December 1954, the "Super G" was the most successful and prestigious civil variant of Lockheed's Super Constellation series. It could carry up to 99 passengers, and optional wing-tip tanks holding 600 gallons each enabled it to comfortably fly the popular long-distance routes. Included in the package are four models representing aircraft with and without radar noses and tip tanks. Model, VC, and texture basics by Manfred Jahn. Panels, gauges, and animations by Hansjoerg Naegele. Flight dynamics by Luis Pallas. Wing view angles by Bill Tyne and Andreas Trapp. Lights and exhaust effects by Roland Berger. Checklist and documentation by Volker Boehme. Flight test and handling research by Stefan Werner.

    AMD A6, 8G Ram, 500GB OS, 1TB P3DV1.4, 2.1, Nvidia GT610 2GB --Current Det to NAS Fallon VFC13

  9. #9
    It's l1049g.zip .

    Just loadin'.

    Marvellous!

  10. #10
    Thanks guys - finally located it on the new files list - on the bottom of the second page. The library managers have been busy this morning!

    Downloading as I type...

  11. #11
    Charter Member 2014 srgalahad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CYYC or MMSD (GMT -7)
    Posts
    3,882
    <<--- looks at Wild Bill... TCA?? Hmmm???

    "To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein


  12. #12

    here some screenies


    click on screenie for larger image

    click on screenie for larger image

    click on screenie for larger image




    Thankx Manfred for anther wonderfull addition to our Hangars !

    Chapeau !
    :ernae:
    fled

  13. #13
    SOH-CM-2013
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mt Maunganui, New Zealand
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,331
    Great news

    Problem is , it appears Flightsim is down as I first tried at 6 am this morning and got an "Oops! This link appears broken." warning .......

    Off to work shortly so hopefully I'll get it later today

    Pete.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    ... TCA?? Hmmm???
    Argh.
    Hard to reject this proposal, isn't it?

    I'll add it into the pattern, now that I have the TCA logos in stock and with the help of your "lining remarks".

    Should be "number four for landing":

    First will be the TCA Dakota,
    second the TVCG PolOtter (delayed, but not forgotten),
    third this one which Javis just bugged into my ear...:




    I wonder if a Lufthansa and a Capitol Connie are already in the works...

  15. #15
    Charter Member 2014 Tim-HH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Age
    30
    Posts
    538

    That's a beautiful airplane! Thanks a lot Manfred, Hansjoerg and the rest of the team!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    I wonder if a Lufthansa and a Capitol Connie are already in the works...
    Yes, I'm working on a Lufthansa livery...should be ready in a few days

    I have just finished my Northwest livery and it's ready to upload when the Avsim file library is back online:





    Greetings
    Tim
    www.DC2-FS.com
    _____________________________________
    i7-3770 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 660Ti | Win 8.1

  16. #16
    Sorry to wander off topic,

    BUT, can someone maybe tell me why I need to get my post approved ? and also why that that must take hours to get a post visible here ?

    I'm mostly used to make a post and than be able to see it pretty much directly, what am I missing ?

  17. #17
    Hate to see you guys having all the fun !!

    WÈÈÈÈÈÈHHHHHH!!!! I want to do a Connie repaint too!!!!:violent:

    Fat chance... stuck here between Sabres, B-25's and Turkeys...... sigh, life sucks...:mix-smi: :d

    Nice work, Tim !

    Downloading the G now, thanks for the HU and link, guys! :ernae:

    cheers,
    Jan

  18. #18
    SOH-CM-2013
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mt Maunganui, New Zealand
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Great news

    Problem is , it appears Flightsim is down as I first tried at 6 am this morning and got an "Oops! This link appears broken." warning .......

    Off to work shortly so hopefully I'll get it later today

    Pete.
    Got home from work ... Flightsim works and my Connie is sitting on my ramp as we speak.

    Thanks to Manfred and his team of talented helpers
    :ernae:

    Pete.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Yes, I'm working on a Lufthansa livery...should be ready in a few days
    Great to hear this, Tim!
    Very much lookin' foreward to it!

    Shouldn't be too hard to convert your D-ALER Starliner textures, gelle? :ernae:

    Grüße,
    Markus.

  20. #20
    Charter Member 2014 srgalahad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CYYC or MMSD (GMT -7)
    Posts
    3,882
    A couple of "minor" issues I found on a 1700 mile 'test hop' yesterday:

    The FE panel defaults to opening as a full window covering your VC but it can be dragged to a smaller size to allow you to see the approaching ground

    When you close the FE panel while in the VC it automatically opens the "Radio" panel (but it's only the secondary radios).

    Hint: read up on the fuel management system! I didn't blow an engine because I tried to be good and gentle, but I DID have a fuel supply issue (see below)

    If you need to feather an engine thru the FE panel you may find you have to open the Lower FE Panel which then covers (as default) the engine control levers. (How do I know?? that pesky double engine failure while in cruise, on Otto, as the crew was having lunch showed me a lot of surprises)

    If you load the World Wide Airlines repaint (ww1049g.zip) it will take a bit of shuffling to get it all set up and it appears (at least on my sim) with blurries on the fuselage textures...have to cycle thru the views to get it to pop in sharp and then it looks great! I've emailed Garry Harper to inquire about it.
    Update: Garry has released a revised set of textures .. on FlightSim today

    Sound: I aliased mine to the Breitling Connie sound set but others are out there.. I just like that particular one.
    -- "squeaky brakes" don't seem as loud as the Starliner but that might might just be my ears after 5 hrs of Turbo-Compound abuse

    As I said, small issues.. and to be back in a Connie on a 5 hr cross-country was a treat

    Now comes the review of my Connie references to find all the ones that need to be painted (so far I've found about 9 candidates outside the obvious ones that are worthy) :mixedsmi:

    Rob

    "To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein


  21. #21
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,472
    It is really a beauty!





    I love to watch the effects during the start up sequence!





    Really a great job guys!

    Thanks,
    Huub

    somewhere we made avoiding liability more important than ethics

  22. #22
    Charter Member 2010
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vienna/austria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    A couple of "minor" issues I found on a 1700 mile 'test hop' yesterday:

    The FE panel defaults to opening as a full window covering your VC but it can be dragged to a smaller size to allow you to see the approaching ground

    When you close the FE panel while in the VC it automatically opens the "Radio" panel (but it's only the secondary radios).

    Hint: read up on the fuel management system! I didn't blow an engine because I tried to be good and gentle, but I DID have a fuel supply issue (see below)

    If you need to feather an engine thru the FE panel you may find you have to open the Lower FE Panel which then covers (as default) the engine control levers. (How do I know?? that pesky double engine failure while in cruise, on Otto, as the crew was having lunch showed me a lot of surprises)

    If you load the World Wide Airlines repaint (ww1049g.zip) it will take a bit of shuffling to get it all set up and it appears (at least on my sim) with blurries on the fuselage textures...have to cycle thru the views to get it to pop in sharp and then it looks great! I've emailed Garry Harper to inquire about it.
    Update: Garry has released a revised set of textures .. on FlightSim today

    Sound: I aliased mine to the Breitling Connie sound set but others are out there.. I just like that particular one.
    -- "squeaky brakes" don't seem as loud as the Starliner but that might might just be my ears after 5 hrs of Turbo-Compound abuse

    As I said, small issues.. and to be back in a Connie on a 5 hr cross-country was a treat

    Now comes the review of my Connie references to find all the ones that need to be painted (so far I've found about 9 candidates outside the obvious ones that are worthy) :mixedsmi:

    Rob
    Rob

    We have a look into the FE/Radio issue

    Blown an engine

    I recomend to read the FM(RTFM)and/or have a look to the status panel-->rightclick the kneeboard icon-->White engine BHP turn yellow-->turn red-->blow up if you dont go to correct rpm and MAP

    2 engines out of 4-->lots of fun

    Roland

  23. #23
    Charter Member 2014 srgalahad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CYYC or MMSD (GMT -7)
    Posts
    3,882
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Rob

    We have a look into the FE/Radio issue

    Blown an engine

    I recomend to read the FM(RTFM)and/or have a look to the status panel-->rightclick the kneeboard icon-->White engine BHP turn yellow-->turn red-->blow up if you dont go to correct rpm and MAP

    2 engines out of 4-->lots of fun

    Roland
    Thanks Roland
    It doesn't seem like a blown engine.. after the precautionary landing and some meddling with the cross-feed controls ( the first time) the two dead engines restarted.. on the second occurrence ( the pax were a bit annoyed ) .. the FE ordered a truck of fuel and then was able to restart the dead two so I suspect it's an FE problem with his fuel management system.. he's been sent for re-training (if you CAN train a guy who rides side-saddle!)

    Having been a passenger on a r/l Connie 3-engine approach & landing (and the son of a TCA mechanic) I learned the Turbo-Compounds were to be treated gently


    Rob

    "To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein


  24. #24
    This is THE best Connie ever for FS in my opinion !!!

    Cheers Manfred und Team !!! Mike :ernae:
    <a href="http://vrsimulations.com"><img border="0" src="http://www.vrsimulations.com/images/sigbanners/vrs_supporter.png"></a>

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by CC_17 View Post
    Sorry to wander off topic,

    BUT, can someone maybe tell me why I need to get my post approved ? and also why that that must take hours to get a post visible here ?

    I'm mostly used to make a post and than be able to see it pretty much directly, what am I missing ?
    I'm checking on that...

Similar Threads

  1. OT: Lockheed U-2
    By Stefano Zibell in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 11th, 2013, 19:07
  2. Piglets C-133. -5 excellent repaints by connie 1049
    By 3/7charlie in forum FS 2002/2004 General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 1st, 2009, 19:31
  3. Lockheed L-188
    By Moses03 in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 20th, 2009, 10:11
  4. Lockheed L-1049 G soon on Avsim(FS9/FSX)
    By thunder100 in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 07:52
  5. Manfred's new L-1049 is up and ready
    By dharris in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 00:01

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •