One of the best air show displays ever !

Thread: One of the best air show displays ever !

Cool One of the best air show displays ever !

Filmed at the 2009 AirPower over Hampton Roads, Langley AFB, comes on of the best aerial displays I have ever seen. Matt Younkin is the pilot and he's flying one tricked out Beech 18's you will ever see. Even more amazing, The display takes place during the night . I give this pilot a nice round of applause for such a great display. .

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-ihRSHKWz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I think of airshow displays, the Beech 18 is NOT the first thing that comes to mind... lol

It is cool, though not much of a technical performance. Then again it is a Beech 18.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    When I think of airshow displays, the Beech 18 is NOT the first thing that comes to mind... lol

It is cool, though not much of a technical performance. Then again it is a Beech 18.

Yea..............

I was expecting some outside loops.......maybe a lomcevak.....and a
    low-level inverted ribbon cutting. Then again it is ONLY a Beech 18
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see him carrying on the family tradition.
    Saw him last year at Oshkosh, but used to see his Dad Bobby fly the Beech for years. Sadly Bobby was lost in the tragic mid-air between him and Jim Franklin while performing with "The Masters of Disaster" while flying the Sampson Pitts.

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSteber View Post
    Nice to see him carrying on the family tradition.
    Saw him last year at Oshkosh, but used to see his Dad Bobby fly the Beech for years. Sadly Bobby was lost in the tragic mid-air between him and Jim Franklin while performing with "The Masters of Disaster" while flying the Sampson Pitts.
    I was wondering if that was the same guy. Is there video of that accident? It was a midair collision, right?

Unfortunately, I was an eye witness to the collision between Franklin and Younkin.

Tienmac, was that the mid air collision that happened in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan between two Pitts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]