Ultralight Traffic ?

Thread: Ultralight Traffic ?

Ultralight Traffic ?

I am wanting to add the ultralight to my traffic. Does anybody know of a traffic file that has already been done for it ?

Cheers

I guess UL's aren't that popular in the FS community then

Well it isn't that hard to add it youself. Decompile a traffic file and and replace e.g. a cessna 172 for the UL. Recompile and your done. Or use a payware tool like Flight1's AirTrafficFX
    Anneke

Didn't quite escape.
    1) I'd say you were correct, they're really not that popular within the community, but also...

2) You could use the freeware "AI Flight Planner" (available from Avsim) to program some routes, or if you want them to be more random, you could use the traffic tools available within the FSX SDK (all files are provided, you just need to add the Ultralight to the aircraft list and compile them...)

Either way will work, but AI Flight Planner is probably the easiest.

I guess I will have to make my own. I was considering editing a 172 traffic file in AIFP, but the speed differences may create errors in the times. Worth ago though. If it works I will let you know and upload it.

Cheers

Didn't quite escape.
    The easiest way to do it, to be honest, would be using the SDK method (I can't believe I'm saying that!) - you could set up a list of appropriate fields and just have the microlights as the only aircraft available. Then just copy the command line into a DOS window and hit enter and it will give you a bunch of randomised flights.

I keep intending to do it with the FCS Magister, to create some random training flights around my RAF airfields, but never get around to it.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Here is a tutorial on it;

http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/...num=1197320359

Its fun adding in your own AI traffic and bringing your favorite planes to life in the Virtual FS world.

You can add many ultralights and gliders by the way. But you will have to do a little homework on setting up flights, etc.

Also, for gliders, you would need to make a version that has power so it can takeoff. Then set it on a slow trip to another airstrip at a slow 40 to 50 knots, etc. (That flying wing hand glider would be cool for that).

The first route is difficult to make. But after you get it working and you see your plane flying, you are then addicted at that point, and you will probably end up making 10 different flights....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write