DSB Design RAFv Buccaneer ex payware download

Thread: DSB Design RAFv Buccaneer ex payware download

DSB Design RAFv Buccaneer ex payware download

Hi there guys

I would like to know if soneone here can help me to aquire the DSB Design RAFv Buccaneer ex payware package. Has it been released as freeware? Is it still payware that I do not know of? Since I never saw it at any site, not even at Iris's own website!

Any help or feedback would be appreciated!

Per Aspera Ad Astra
    "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Morras View Post
    Hi there guys
    I would like to know if soneone here can help me to aquire the DSB Design RAFv Buccaneer ex payware package. Has it been released as freeware? Is it still payware that I do not know of? Since I never saw it at any site, not even at Iris's own website!
    Any help or feedback would be appreciated!
    The only thing I remember about that was that it was not a DSB design. DSB made it available on their site for download, but another design group was responsible for the package. . .also, an update was promised, I believe to add a VC to the Buc, which never happened and eventually the package was dropped from their site (at least that's what I remember and it seems like the Buc wasn't the only aircraft in that package).
    I've never seen anything of that aircraft beyond the time it was available thru DSB.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hi all,
    I believe there were eith one or two types of Phantom in the package as well.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Was this the one that was part of the UK Fighters pack?

The pack also included a Phantom.

There are reveis if you google DSB UK fighters pack, but I can not see anywhere that still sells it.

Alphasim have a freeware Buccaneer on their site and UKmil have the Bucc too if that helps.

Charter Member 2016
    From the modelling and texturing styles, it is fairly clear that this is a DSB product, not merely distributed thereby...
    However, the models and textures are clearly early DSB work... as in the original DSB freeware Tornado (not the ex-payware one) the texturing quite one-dimensional and the modelling, while poly-heavy, is more smooth than detailed...
    in short, it is dated and you should look for your Buccaneers and Phantoms in newer packages if you insist on detailing and, perhaps more importantly for some, VCs. None of the aircraft have VCs.

Packages contents include a Buccaneer and Phantoms FG.1 and FG.2, each in many (MANY!) liveries and many (MANY!) loadouts.

The package is now freeware, but available only through P2P distribution - it can never be put up for download anywhere.
    I have a copy I am willing to send to others, but, as I have said, the models are dated... and I am sure that IRIS would prefer you used their newer Phantoms to their older ones!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Thumbs up

This was a dissapointing package! No VC, which was promised. It never came....

:argue:

Cees

EMatheson is correct on this package. P2P was authorized, as that's how I got mine, many moons ago. I have since deleted it, as much better models have been released.

I wanted them for ai use, anyway, but they were way to poly heavy.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I have this pack thanks to the generousity of OH members, whilst I liked it initially, it just acted as a catalyst for me to purchase the new Iris models, which are much better. Irrespective of the lack of VC, the DSB Phantom external models had a somewhat squashed appearance, to short and fat. But I do still like the Buc even without the VC, I haven't seen a better shaped Banana yet. I still use them as AI and sometimes fly the banana.

Jamie

PS, here's some pics, the new Iris and old DSB 'tooms side by side, you can see what I mean about the 'squashed'

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    . . . .From the modelling and texturing styles, it is fairly clear that this is a DSB product, not merely distributed thereby. . .
    I still contend (unless David proves me wrong) that this was not a DSB design, but an outside design group and DSB was simply hosting the package. I remember a lot of irritation with the fact that the VC updates were delayed and David saying he really had no control over when it was relreased since he wasn't the one working on it. DSB finally dropped the packages.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

A new Bucc is terribly needed! FS9 or FSX!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Thanx for all the feedback guys really appreciate it!

I agree, we need a new bucc! The ukmil one is good for me, really worth the freeware time the guys put in, a good thubs up for them, I know they made a saaf repaint but i think i should start some more saaf ones:woot:

Per Aspera Ad Astra
    "Through Adversity to the Stars"