New driver, 182.50 nvidia

Thread: New driver, 182.50 nvidia

New driver, 182.50 nvidia

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Have not tried this one myself but just ran across it.

Jim

Why can't they check the performance boosts in other PC games besides these:
    Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
    Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
    Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
    Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
    Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.

Time for NVidia to see what the boost is for FS9 and FSX too.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Completly agree...Gt182.
    Whats the criteria? Quality? top sellers? most wanted and played by young people? most demanding from GPU?
    Would like as well to know if there is any performance increase in sims...

Those are the games that people are playing these days. Don't ever expect Flight Sim to show up on a list like that.

I'll have to try the new drivers this afternoon.

Personally...donīt know any of those.
    Got Call of duty 4, Far cry, medal of Honor Airborne and hellīs highway beeing the last one...
    Fsx and cfs3 on top...
    Anyway, they should test FSX...
    downloading drivers now

Again, FSX (or any flight simulator for that matter) isn't even remotely close to being popular enough to show up on a list like that. Even if a million people played FSX consistently, that wouldn't come close to any of those games listed.

We have a rather niche hobby (sadly).

Also, FS is more CPU dependant than anything else. New graphics drivers might help, but only slightly. Where you're more likely to see a difference is in texture display quality rather than fps.
    Edit; As a sidenote, I found a significant improvement in FSX only after an O/C of my Q6600 from 2.4GHz/core to 3.0GHz/core.
    Cheers,
    Dave

185.65 beta is already out, I give the 185.50 ago see what happens.

SOH-CM-2024
    I'll wait on the Beta noddy, but thanks.

I installed these and at first thought I would have to roll back to the last set. When my flight loaded in FSX, it was only in a small screen version. Yikes.

Checked the nVidia Control Panel in lieu of nHancer and somehow in the installation of the new drivers my SLI was disabled and the two monitors set to multiple screens. After I enabled SLI and set the control panel for a single monitor, I went back in and all was cozy. Can't say as FSX is any faster, because I have been getting incredible rates here lately anyway.

Caz

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Again, FSX (or any flight simulator for that matter) isn't even remotely close to being popular enough to show up on a list like that. Even if a million people played FSX consistently, that wouldn't come close to any of those games listed.

We have a rather niche hobby (sadly).
    Yup, compared to WoW and 2nd Life, we are amoebae. :d

Caz

And you wonder why that pulled FS11? We are a very, very small community compared to those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Completly agree...Gt182.
    Whats the criteria? Quality? top sellers? most wanted and played by young people? most demanding from GPU?
    Would like as well to know if there is any performance increase in sims...
    I would like to know to, although, what impact would they have if fs is mostly processor controlled? Just asking. The criteria is probably most played by young people and most demanding for your GPU. Trust me, I'm 16 and loooooveeeeee Farcry and Halo, fs however... is my main hobby.:woot:

Besides drivers, wonder what is more important to obtain the best fps in FSX, or other games.
    CPU or Graphics? have core 2 duo 6600 2.40 Ghz and nvidia 9800gtx, 4 gb ram.
    Think it should be better with a faster cpu?
    thanks

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Those are the games that people are playing these days. Don't ever expect Flight Sim to show up on a list like that.

I'll have to try the new drivers this afternoon.
    suprised Empire Total War aint up there actually, unless they only report the games which is actually made a difference? :karate:

Besides drivers, wonder what is more important to obtain the best fps in FSX, or other games.
    CPU or Graphics? have core 2 duo 6600 2.40 Ghz and nvidia 9800gtx, 4 gb ram.
    Think it should be better with a faster cpu?
    faster CPU seems to be most agreeded upon :wave:
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

yeah, most of what I read about FSX performance points to CPU. Which is strange because I have a reasonable quad core rig, 3.2G of RAM and had a 640Mb 8800 GTS card. FSX was a stuttery mess, no matter how I tweaked it so I elected to stick with FS9.
    However, a couple of months ago my just-out-of-warranty GTS card blew up completely so I bought a 1Ghz ENGTX260 and lo & behold, FSX runs just fine. No other changes at all. Still, I dont want to re-buy all those addons (orbX looks great, but then I already have VOZ) and I hate the default landsclass in X, so I'll stay with FS9 for now. That said, it might yet warm on me...Any links to freeware upgrades that make FSX look less horrible are welcome!

LPXO

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Also, FS is more CPU dependant than anything else. New graphics drivers might help, but only slightly. Where you're more likely to see a difference is in texture display quality rather than fps.
    Edit; As a sidenote, I found a significant improvement in FSX only after an O/C of my Q6600 from 2.4GHz/core to 3.0GHz/core.
    I'll second that. Did the exact same thing and I'm very happy.

Just because FSX may be CPU dominant, one cant ignore the GPU. Obviously, FSX couldnt run without a video card, so a poorly performing video card (undrpowered/malfunctioning) will limit performance. Nowadays, at least as I see it, the tweaks to the config file pretty much all involve forcing the video card to use its memory to take over some processing needs of the sim from the cpu. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyplanetXO View Post
    Still, I dont want to re-buy all those addons (orbX looks great, but then I already have VOZ) and I hate the default landsclass in X, so I'll stay with FS9 for now. That said, it might yet warm on me...Any links to freeware upgrades that make FSX look less horrible are welcome!

LPXO
    And Orbx's FTX blows any scenery out of the water. Just try the Tasmania demo (AU Blue demo) - unlimited trial over all of Tasmania. Flight Simulator would not have seen this detailed scenery till at least FS12......