NYPD in FSX

Thread: NYPD in FSX

NYPD in FSX

After serving the NYPD for a career until a injury cut it short, I had always looked for anything NYPD that can be used in FSX. I looked for textures for the default Bell chopper in FSX but no luck. So last week with a little bit of time I was able to recreate the chopper we had used in 90's.

I stumbled across a Hovercontrol post in here sometime ago and had seen they had a Bell 412 chopper. After trying and failing I had contacted a gent who had done some textures for the Bell 412 in the LVMPD colors and asked if he wouldn't mind doing one in the NYPD version.

For many who witnessed the events on 9-11 or had seen pics, you will see my fellow boys in blue hovering and circling the towers as they were burning. After witnessing the collapse of the towers they flew across to jersey and landed after the emotions were to high for them to endure.

Well 2 days later the gent came through with a killer repaint of the chopper who on many of night had watched over me while chasing a perp through the dark backyards of Brooklyn NY. Here's some shots I just wanted to share in here.

The real one. I have also included the one I did of the default Bell Ranger with pics of the real one below. Special thanks goes out to Robert Harsha for his awesome job on the repaints.

Hi Shylock, your picture of Bell landend after the tower's fall is very impressive.
    Thanks to share it with us.

Regards,
    Luca

harleyman
    Very nice indeed.

I just hope this shot of the WTC causes no problems.

Well this thread isn't meant to be political in anyway. Just to capture the idea of why this repaint was so important to me to feel the need to share it on here. The repaint that is. He did a killer job on it. My buddy who flew in the aviation unit always busted my hump about flight simming. Well after seeing the repaint hes going out today while on his meal break to buy FSX lol

Edit: I removed the one pic incase somebody does have an issue with what we did on that day.

harleyman
    I didn't mean for you to remove it. I just was hoping it brought up no heated debates ..

It is a wonderful paint job..Ant it was a great shot...

I don't think anyone will EVER have an issue with what the NY Police or Fire Departments did on that day. For me they are all heroes .

Yep I know what you meant by it Harley. But I have seen some idiots voice their opinions on things and leads to a nasty thread. So its best to avoid it. I wasn't typing that last post out of anger so no worries. I said to myself" You know what hes got a point there" But believe it or not I have heard everything from support to conspiracy theories. I'm not worried. Plus if there are members here who's familys were directly affected out of respect I took it down.

So thanks for the pick up there. :ernae:

Hi Shylock, I think that You are worried too much. I agree with Harleyman that mens and womans of NY Police and Fire Departements in that day were all heroes. There isn't any political debate on it!
    The shot that you have removed is nice, impressive and overall belongs to our history...

Regards,
    Luca