Cockpit side views

Thread: Cockpit side views

Hybrid View

Cockpit side views

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and still a bit shy around here ...

I have a couple of questions about FSX, if anyone knows how to help...

I have FS9 and FSX installed, both sims work wonderfully on my relatively dated system, but I still keep flying FS9 most of the time. Why?
    Because I love flying VFR and do sightseeing. For this I love the minipanel mode because it allows me a free view all around to enjoy the incredible graphics of all those neat scenery add-ons.
    True, FSX has a lot more going for it when it comes to scenery with moving cars, boats and other neat things, but I can't really see all that stuff well because even in minipanel mode I still have the cockpit views pop up and block most of the view when I pan the hat switch to the side. To the back is totally hopeless, because I see only the rear cockpit wall. So, no unobstructed view seems to be possible in FSX as it is in FS9.
    Is there a way I can remove those cockpit side views in the minipanel mode?

Also - in FS9 I love the convenience of just being able to let the sim save the last situation and open the next session where I left off the last time automatically, whereas FSX always reverts to where I had saved a situation manually the last time.

This is where Microsoft has definitely been playing their well-known "Change for the sake of change" game.

Is there a tweak or a little add-on I can use to get FSX save the situation on exit automatically?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :help:
    I am quite comfortable with playing around in the *.cfg files but know nothing about programming.

Kindest regards,
    Norm

harleyman
    Hi Norm....:welcome:

After you ebd your flight in FSx hit the Alt key...That brings up the top dropdown..Select Flight, Save, Then check *Make this my Default Flight*

As far as the views..There is a way..Its tricky, and if you hit the W or A key if I remember correct it goes away..i tried it once a while back and gave up on it ..I don't remember how to do it anymore..But someone shouls come along with better help...

Hmmm...
    1. F10 followed by W key until you are in forward view with gauges only
    2. SHF + 2 (or 3) brings up the GPS
    3. Go to any snap pan view and hold it while you hit SHF + 2 again to
    remove the GPS.
    4. Hit F9 to go into 3D view and then back to F10, you should now be able
    to snap pan around in the 2D view with the no gauges panel.

You can switch to F9, F11, or F12 views and back to F10 and maintain the no guages in all snap pan views. Hit anything but the (horizontal only?) snap pan view keys or the Hat and it will revert F10 views back to normal operation.

May only work with default planes, I just ran through the procedure with the ulta lite, works fine. I prefer the 3D view zoomed out between 50 and 30 degrees and rarely bother with this, great for screenies and rubber necking but running in that mode requires you to run with SHF Z to keep an eye on speed, altitude, fuel, etc., if you pay attention to those aspects while flying.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

harleyman
    Thanks FlighT...I'm with you..At first this really bugged me about FSX too..But over time I have become a 3D pilot anyways, and am very used to it now..It took some time...BUT...