Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and still a bit shy around here ...

I have a couple of questions about FSX, if anyone knows how to help...

I have FS9 and FSX installed, both sims work wonderfully on my relatively dated system, but I still keep flying FS9 most of the time. Why?
Because I love flying VFR and do sightseeing. For this I love the minipanel mode because it allows me a free view all around to enjoy the incredible graphics of all those neat scenery add-ons.
True, FSX has a lot more going for it when it comes to scenery with moving cars, boats and other neat things, but I can't really see all that stuff well because even in minipanel mode I still have the cockpit views pop up and block most of the view when I pan the hat switch to the side. To the back is totally hopeless, because I see only the rear cockpit wall. So, no unobstructed view seems to be possible in FSX as it is in FS9.
Is there a way I can remove those cockpit side views in the minipanel mode?

Also - in FS9 I love the convenience of just being able to let the sim save the last situation and open the next session where I left off the last time automatically, whereas FSX always reverts to where I had saved a situation manually the last time.

This is where Microsoft has definitely been playing their well-known "Change for the sake of change" game.

Is there a tweak or a little add-on I can use to get FSX save the situation on exit automatically?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :help:
I am quite comfortable with playing around in the *.cfg files but know nothing about programming.

Kindest regards,
Norm