Painting

Thread: Painting

RAAF453_Wolfe

Painting

I use to do my own repaints in CFS1, and would like to do some in CFS2. I have Adobe Photoshop 7, will it work? Also, if someone could kinda explain how to go about it, or put me on a tutorial it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I also heard something once about demirroring? Thanks in advance..

Photoshop 7.0 will work splendidly....I have Photoshop 5.0 and 7.0 and use both...5 mainly for panel lines, 7 for paint and insignia placement.

Not sure what programs you used for CFS1, but the big one for CFS2, FS2002, FS2004 is Martin Wright's DXTbmp. It is a freeware program that converted the extended bmp format texture files into normal 24 bit Windows bmps so that they can be opened in paint/photo editor programs....then convert the files from 24 bit back into extended bmp format for use in the sim. I don't have the website address at hand, but if you do a Google search for Martin Wright DXTbmp, it will be the first one on the list....brightnet something or other or something or other brightnet. Make sure to grab the dll package while on Martin's site...you will need it to get any of his software to work.

OBIO

I try with Photoshop 9.0
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Martin Wright's site is: http://fly.to/mwgfx/

Click on CFS2/FS2002 along the left side then on Utilities and you'ff find DXTBmp, a must have tool.

You might want to take a look at this webesite: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/ ; It has tutorials and seems to be a good place to ask questions. At least for me.

regards,
    msfossey

RAAF453_Wolfe
    Cool, appreciate the help!

RAAF453_Wolfe CO:ernae: