Aerosoft F-16 textures update - canopies etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-16 textures update - canopies etc.

Dag

Aerosoft F-16 textures update - canopies etc.

Hi there,
    I have uploaded the texture updates to the F-16 at avsim.com and the Sim-Outhouse.com. Read the readme pdf/txt carefully before proceeding. Fully manual install to give the user full freedom.

AVSIM link:
    http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=136747

SOH link:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...13877#download

Please remember you need to be registered as a member at both the above sites. Registration is free. Have fun.
    Use the below forum-thread at the aerosoft forums for support should questions arise:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=24716

Thanks

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks Dag, downloaded and will install.

I think this needs a sticky because so many SOHers have the AeroSoft F-16C, will inform the mod.

Caz

harleyman
    Who flies this F-16 here?????

SOH-CM-2024
    Me do and obviously a few other judging by the downloads of two of my repaints for it, 99 downloads for one, 97 for the other.

Caz

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...o&FileID=13520

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...o&FileID=13445

6297J
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Who flies this F-16 here?????
    Almost exclusively these days!

Yes, thanks Dag. I will test and choose my preferred tint tomorrow

tigisfat
    Most of my time in MSFS is spent on the Aerosoft F-16.

I like it a lot: see my review at http://www.avsim.com/pages/1208/Aerosoft/F16.htm. I'm finishing up another review right now, of the A2A Thunderbolt with Accu-Sim, and wondering why I tolerate the F-16's lower framerates. The reason, I think, is environment: in the F-16, I'm mostly looking at clouds and sky, so the aircraft isn't competing as much with ground textures, roads, road traffic, and autogen for CPU cycles.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

At least half of my flight time in FSX is in the Aerosoft F-16.

Barry

Dag
    Thanks guys, makes it all worthwhile

Thank you Dag for your texture update canopies !
    An interesting Add-On

Q.1
    Are you planning tp release this repaint of you presented
    below on the SOH Add-On Library ?

These Vipers are those a saw the most in my area
    Quebec province sharing a frontier with Vermont.

Q.2
    Here is another original Add-On project
    Do you have the knowledge for a "Click a Ground Equipment"
    Add-On for the Aerosoft FSX Viper ?

Something like Iris is doing by a "F Key" window menue to click
    available only when the F-16 is stopped on the ground that could
    include :

Click / Unclick :

Remove Before Flight Tags
    Ladder on Aircraft
    Ladder on the Ground
    Hud Cover
    Ejection Seat Cover
    Intake Cover
    Exhaust Cover
    Sidewinder Tip Cover
    Fire Extinguisher
    Ground Crew Tool Box
    Parking Blocks
    Etc...

VaporZ

Dag
    VaporZ;

1. Yes, I could upload the Vermont aircraft to here if needed. They are both at AVSIM however.

2. I doubt that aerosoft will do any further rounds of 3D work on this project, it dragged out for too long. There have been mention of a stores configurator but it's all shelved now I think. The safety pins, GS equipment would be a nice feature to this aircraft but I really don't see this coming. A two-seater would be higher on my list overall.

Thanks

Thanks for thes infos Dag

I just downloaded your two Vermont ANG repaints from AvSim
    Superb repaints.

As these VT ANG Vipers are mostly "Air Defenders" assigned to NORAD, I have installed both of your repaints on the "120-9-370 / Usa-4" option.

Screenshots to follow soon.
    :ernae:
    VaporZ

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Thanks for thes infos Dag

I just downloaded your two Vermont ANG repaints from AvSim
    Superb repaints.

As these VT ANG Vipers are mostly "Air Defenders" assigned to NORAD, I have installed both of your repaints on the "120-9-370 / Usa-4" option.

Screenshots to follow soon.
    :ernae:
    VaporZ
    Also be aware, these two repaints have the new canopy diffuse textures. You can apply different fresnel ramps from the update package, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    VaporZ;

1. Yes, I could upload the Vermont aircraft to here if needed. They are both at AVSIM however.

2. I doubt that aerosoft will do any further rounds of 3D work on this project, it dragged out for too long. There have been mention of a stores configurator but it's all shelved now I think. The safety pins, GS equipment would be a nice feature to this aircraft but I really don't see this coming. A two-seater would be higher on my list overall.

Thanks

I'd love to see a 2 seater as well!! i like the bigger canopy and would be cool in multiplayer to share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Core 2duo E 8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MSI 48C Platinum
    nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair 4GB DDR 3

I fly it! Thanks for the textures.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

On Another Planet
    I fkly this a lot but I somehow find the readme of the update a bit hard to understand, I honestly havent done anything with it yet because I didnt find any actual installation instructions with the update. I'm sorry if I am missing it or something but if anyone could help me on installing these textures I would greatly appreciate it because they look amazing. I was also wondering if all these textures could be used on repaints as well? I would love to have them on Kiwikat's Iowa ANG planes. I am with you in wanting a 2 seater before anything else. I really dont see why that wasnt included in the original package.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

I have been updating the plane as per the Aerosoft forums. However,some,like the Shaw afb model, rolls during flight. I forget where but understood it was a mistake in the config or air file.Anyone know the fix or edit to solve the uneven loading?

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor11 View Post
    I fkly this a lot but I somehow find the readme of the update a bit hard to understand, I honestly havent done anything with it yet because I didnt find any actual installation instructions with the update. I'm sorry if I am missing it or something but if anyone could help me on installing these textures I would greatly appreciate it because they look amazing. I was also wondering if all these textures could be used on repaints as well? I would love to have them on Kiwikat's Iowa ANG planes. I am with you in wanting a 2 seater before anything else. I really dont see why that wasnt included in the original package.
    The textures cover the default ones that came with the original package and mine that was not updated from before, found at avsim. Most texture folders contain two textures, the F-16C_4_T.dds and a fresnel ramp for the fwd part of the canopy. The *4_T.dds gives the new colour of the canopy glass and the fresnel ramp determines the reflection and colour of same.
    You need to look up each texture folder in the various aircraft folders, as installed in FSX and paste in the equivalents from the updated folders, eg. look up "Texture.AK_354FW" in the *:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16C 120-9-370-folder and paste in the textures from the updated package's "Texture.AK_354FW" -folder.
    Then, should you desire, you could use one of the alternative fresnel ramps included (front and rear) and paste in and replace in the same texture folders. This needs to be repeated for each texture folder so you need to look them up in the various aircraft folders.
    For other peoples repaints, I would refer to them for updates on the matters. All that I have modified are aircraft specific and not compatible with others than the ones they are intended for (same texture folder name). I hope this made matters a bit clearer.

Thanks

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I have been updating the plane as per the Aerosoft forums. However,some,like the Shaw afb model, rolls during flight. I forget where but understood it was a mistake in the config or air file.Anyone know the fix or edit to solve the uneven loading?
    Look at the station loads in the aircraft.cfg. I thought this was solved months ago... Someone that was supposed to know his stuff messed this up during the last stages of development ans I personally submitted corrected .cfgs to correct this. Have you installed all updates found under your account at aerosoft?

mathijs (aerosoft)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    VaporZ;

Thanks
    Indeed nothing major is planned on the 16 at this moment. Because the development took indeed a lot longer than expected as Dag notes, we simply ran out of budget and time. With the boxed version in the shops now it is not a good idea to do large changes as it would mean that people who buy a boxed version would then be forced to download an update that would be almost as large as the version on the CD. Customers dislike that for good reason.

At this moment our main aircraft development team is completing the Catalina and then they will have to do a professional project (that will have a spin off to FSX as well btw). This will bring us to late summer. Currently there are no other aircraft scheduled after, perhaps we might spend a few weeks on the F-16 at that time, but that will depend a lot on sales. Aerosoft is a commercial company and any work we do has to be paid in some way, big updates are a good thing for existing customers but normally do not pay for themselves in additional sales.

We'll see. In the mean time people like Dag, Yago, Diego and Vin are doing an amazing job! If there are small things you like to see changed/added, just let me know at support@aerosoft.com. I am keeping a list of possible changes.

Mathijs Kok
    Aerosoft

Thank you Mr Kok for all these informations.

By the way, being multilingual but living my life mostly using french,
    in "La Belle Province" of Québec, Canada, I have read this weekend
    a very interesing interview you gave to french PC Simulation magazine.

It is always interesting to know history of people designing
    "digital airplanes" for MSFS like your superb F-16.

http://www.pc-simulation.com

:typing:
    VaporZ

"Have you installed all updates found under your account at aerosoft?"
    I try to keep current but with all the patches, quick fixes,customer fixes ect, It gets confusing. Nobody else is jumping in so I will double check my version.

going further with nothing but Liveries...

annyway until the time being for further updates of the F-16...
    I guess we can only keep on going with making liveries....

Soon available!

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAM View Post
    annyway until the time being for further updates of the F-16...
    I guess we can only keep on going with making liveries....

Soon available!

Wonderful job..looking forward for this one

On Another Planet
    that paint looks great. Keep us updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr