OT: Question about recycling

Thread: OT: Question about recycling

OT: Question about recycling

I bought a pack of plastic poopy pickup bag for the pooch. It says on the box that the bags are recyclable. Maybe I don't understand the recycling process, but WHO would want to recycle a USED poopy bag?

All thoughts, especially smart assed remarks, are welcome.

Bob

Happiness Consultant
    Ummm .... who buys those bags to start with?

Pet poo poo is a naturally occuring substance and oddly enough will recycle itself into the surrounding environment without any help from human intervention.

I say leave it where it falls and let the grass grow green and tall!

to all those PC folks that got this crap into local laws.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rpjkw View Post
    I bought a pack of plastic poopy pickup bag for the pooch. It says on the box that the bags are recyclable. Maybe I don't understand the recycling process, but WHO would want to recycle a USED poopy bag?

All thoughts, especially smart assed remarks, are welcome.

Bob

Afaik...they collect the poop filled bags and compress them in a huge hydraulically activated machine. They are then heated up to 300 degrees celcius, which removes any traces of plastic from the mix. Finally the remaining material is boxed up and sold to Apple to be used in their latest computers.:gossip:

LOL

J/K

:costumes:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Ummm .... who buys those bags to start with?

Pet poo poo is a naturally occuring substance and oddly enough will recycle itself into the surrounding environment without any help from human intervention.

I say leave it where it falls and let the grass grow green and tall!

to all those PC folks that got this crap into local laws.
    actually it doesnt as the dog food isnt made out of naturaly stuff, and anyway, you only have to pick up in public parks and on the street so kids dont roll in it and eat it :hand:

I cant see the point in buying special bags though, we just use the good ol morrisons plaggy bag, allthough the sainsburys ones are better, less holes in em!)
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

That reminds me, I need to inform my neighbors of the local ordinance stating they must clean up the dog poo in their back yards. Now that we have a special code compliance division of the PD, it can be enforced.

I do not like the neighborhood smelling like dog crap all summer long.

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    ... actually it doesnt as the dog food isnt made out of naturaly stuff, ...
    When was the last time you actually sat and watched animal poo NOT decompose?

It will, and it does, and those components are absorbed into the soil it sits on.

And if its not made of natural ingredients then the dog food manufacterers are lying.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Charter Member 2011
    well non of the stuff we have in our backgarden (2 dogs ere) has been absorbed into the soil after several weeks, heck theres even some in the bushes that have been there for months, i dont know about you but i pick it up, it might decompose in a year or so but then i'd have to wade through the garden :faint:

All in all i dont mind picking up in populated areas or in certain areas of the moors, only takes a couple of seconds
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

It usually get splattered on the legs of the person who cuts the grass. Then that person takes a bath (Hopefully).
    :faint:
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Afaik...they collect the poop filled bags and compress them in a huge hydraulically activated machine. They are then heated up to 300 degrees celcius, which removes any traces of plastic from the mix. Finally the remaining material is boxed up and sold to Apple to be used in their latest computers.:gossip:

That sounds almost plausible. I remember the good ol' days growing up when poop was left where it dropped. I also remember running around barefoot and 'finding' at least one pile a day.

I've been laughing at all the funny replies.

Bob

here is sunny canadia it's the law, it has to be picked up. considering how many dogs there are in toronto, at least here, it's a good idea. otherwise there would be no where to step.

i used to use grocery bags but now there is a new law here and i have to pay a 5 cent tax on every one. they claim the bags are filling up the landfill, but the truth is, they are made of a polymer that breaks down over time. it's just another money grab.

i, however, have found a way around it. when i buy produce, like apples, peppers, taters, etc. i double and triple bag everything and sometimes stuff an extra bag in between those. now i have plenty of dog poop bags, once again for free. with 2 dogs, there is no way i'm paying for bags.