What are your top 5 favorite tech companies?

Thread: What are your top 5 favorite tech companies?

Question What are your top 5 favorite tech companies?

If you had to invest in five tech companies, what would they be and why? (Disregarding the current economy) What 5 companies do you see as most innovative and profitable in the next 10, 15, 20 years, and why?

Here's mine:

1. Intel (I like the looks of the upcoming i7's and "Larabee")
    2. Apple (IPhone, Ipod route of focus seems to be working)
    3. Western Digital (the gold standard on storage in my opinion, SSD, 1TB+ drives)
    4. ASUSTEK (definitely the leader in terms of "netbooks" as well as parts for other notebook manufacturers)
    5. Activision/Blizzard (recently merged, CoD, and WoW= 2 of the most fun games I've ever played, looking forward to next CoD)

Now post yours!

My favorite or which ones I would invest in? That would determine if Apple made the list or not ;D

Favorites are: Intel, ASUS, EVGA, NVidia, and Microsoft.

Intel continues to route AMD.

ASUS makes top quality motherboards as well as other components. Netbooks are going to grow further too. The EEE seems to be the most solid contender there.

EVGA and NVidia are still the best combination for graphics cards IMHO. Top quality, performance, and support.

I wonder if Windows 7 will be as successful as many people think it will be. It has the same system requirements as Vista... Either way I think it will play a critical role in Microsoft's future. Of course they have countless other things going on, but I think they need a winner in W7.

Some right off the top of my head...

Garmin: Leader in the market when it comes to glass cockpit displays, and GPS handhelds. Have you seen the new Garmin 696? The things a Monster!:woot:

Questaircraft: I really dig their new Kodiak. The performance of it is just amazing, and love the idea that every 10th plane build goes to humanitarian organizations. Thats one on my 'Must Fly' list.

EVGA: Awesome company, their products are top-notch, customer support is great, and you can't beat their warrentee! Thats a company who understands the PC builder.

Saitek: I love my X-52 setup. Fantastic, 'butget' HOTAS, especialy when paired with their peddals.
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Question

What kind of tech are you specifying here ?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    These are my fave 'software/hardware' computer companies.

Apple
    Aces
    Ubi-Soft
    Laminar Research
    nVidia

For actual 'companies' in the world that make things, I would have to say;

Apple..................95.93 a share
    nVidia
    Epic
    Cirrus
    Toyota
    BMW
    Airbus

In stocks, Boeing is down to about 36.10 a share, Cissna (at 6.83 a share) is scraping the bottom with Yahoo (at 13.61 a share). I love Yahoo, must be a strategy by MS investment firms to bring its value down as MS wish to purchase it.

nVidia recently had to pay huge for fines concerning known bad product lines. But I think they are leading edge and so they should recoup swiftly. With falling stock values, now is the time to purchase some nVidia stocks.

BMW are experimenting with tons of new technologies. They have always been in the green financially. They are a wise group and are already making Hydrogen powered vehicles. They also have factories in America.

I think if Cirrus wake up and brake loose, they will be huge. I just hope they get through their growing pangs with the jet and company layout. Their Cirrus plane is just awesome. First rate in my books.

Toyota is becoming an American company. :d :d :d They build here, they listen to the customers wants and needs, they make quality vehicles, they make the Prius which is capable of being fully electric which is what we want and need. These people rock!

For Boeing, which is at 36.10 a stock, I feel for them. They are afraid to get radical. They are shutting down projects like the SST, which Airbus is pursuing the future and already has launched the biggest airliner yet, the A380. So I am proud of Airbus and I think they will fair well. (He who dares to go forward before all, may indeed win the race). He who hesitates, loses..

Thats all I know man.

I should add Quest Kodiak to that list. And yes, its more then 5. Sorry.. :d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    What kind of tech are you specifying here ?
    I was talking about publicly-traded computing and software-related companies...preferably domestic. I know AsusTek is traded only in Taiwan and London, and EVGA is sort of a mystery to me.

Smile

Okay, so bio-tech is out of the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Okay, so bio-tech is out of the question...
    I was sort of expecting that, actually. Biotech seems to be a lucrative field considering the amount of interests my classmates have in it. You know how in first grade everyone wanted to be a fireman? Well now I'm in the twelfth and everyone wants to be a Biomedical Engineer! (I'd never heard of such a thing until maybe last year!) My only qualm with Biotech are the rumors of possible nationalization. Out of curiousity are there any specific firms you see as key players in future innovation?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    Out of curiousity are there any specific firms you see as key players in future innovation?
    Tough call here.....perhaps Aastrom Biosciences and Helix BioPharma Corp to start off....