MegaScenery Earth

Thread: MegaScenery Earth

VFR Reviews

MegaScenery Earth

Unless I'm very much mistaken, VFR Reviews has the first review of Megascenery Earth. Our newest staffer, Jon Silk, has covered the area of Washington state with great detail and supportive images.

Take a look-

CLICK ME!!!

Charter Member 2015
    Very nice!

David

VFR Reviews
    Thanks mate! It was his first review, and I think it was a good one

harleyman
    It was a fantastic review for his opening act for sure....

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up!

That scenery looks brilliant...

I see the future of scenery to be entire states and in the case of smaller countries, entire countries. People usually fly the area of say Colorado, or Germany or Switzerland. Tube Liner pilots will fly 3 times that distance in runs..

Already in X-Plane, one group are doing entire states at a time, and already have Arizona, Hawaii, and I think 2 more, (Florida and I think Oregon).

Might be a bit more pricier in the start, but I think its the future in this field.

Well done Ferraro and team! Lets see some cool scenery crank out of that studio!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Nice job Jon, I own 3 sections of Washington so far and I love it! I will keep on buying a section here and there or until I run out of disk space (LOL).

Jim

tigisfat
    I love phototoreal scenery, but the biggest thing that bugs me is when runways don't line up. I can handle a lot else, but not that. That was my biggest question about megascenery earth. I won't be buying any.

I appreciate the good review!! I'm very happy I didn't waste my money.

:woot::ernae:

VFR Reviews
    Thanks for the comments guys

We certainly need the traffic :amen:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I love phototoreal scenery, but the biggest thing that bugs me is when runways don't line up. I can handle a lot else, but not that. That was my biggest question about megascenery earth. I won't be buying any.

I appreciate the good review!! I'm very happy I didn't waste my money.

:woot::ernae:

LOL.....

You have to think about that one. Is it the fault of Planet Earth or the Sim portraying it? How do you fix all the airfields if they are off?

Of all the photo real scenery I have flown, I didnt find 'alot' of off-set runways that didnt fit right.

Bad planet.. Bad naughty planet....

I'll stick with photo scenery and consider it money wisely waisted. :d
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    LOL.....

You have to think about that one. Is it the fault of Planet Earth or the Sim portraying it? How do you fix all the airfields if they are off?

Of all the photo real scenery I have flown, I didnt find 'alot' of off-set runways that didnt fit right.

Bad planet.. Bad naughty planet....

I'll stick with photo scenery and consider it money wisely waisted. :d

It seems that in the past, with megascenery, runway line-up was a measure of quality that you paid for. It seems to be that way in all the great photosceneries.

I'll call it the fault of the sim. If the mesh lines up with the photos, then my guess is that the runways are in the wrong place.

jon
    Guys,

Thanks very much for the feedback on the review, it's much appreciated.

As I understand it the fault with runways lies with Microsoft in the first instance. Because of the the number of airports worldwide, they prioritise the more major ones for accuracy.

I do believe it is possible in FSX for add-on designers to reposition the runways, although I stand to be corrected.

In the case of Megascenery Earth it is a deliberate policy decision not to correct the anomolies. Aerosoft Australia intends to produce the product as automatically and as fast as possible in order to ship as much area of coverage as thery can quickly.

Although they encourage people to feedback information on anomolies they haven't yet produced a patch for Washington or California. I'd be suprised if they put a lot of effort into it as long as they have data available to be releasing more states. So in the short term I think it as to be considered a 'feature' of this scenery, which is the price to be paid for the size of coverage.

However, FSDreamscapes are working on a project for entire state coverage of Utah, which as well as being cheaper may turn out to be better quality. Once that competition is up and running things may get interesting