Anyone tried this freeware scenery?

Thread: Anyone tried this freeware scenery?

Anyone tried this freeware scenery?

harleyman
    I see its Tokoyo....

It seems to be downtown and looks nice...

Not tried it...But I might...never flown there in FSX yet...

I think I had used their sceneries back in FS9, always liked their Hawaii stuff.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

cheezyflier should like this

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    cheezyflier should like this
    hey no kiddin! i don't fly in japan much but after looking at that scenery it may change. the comparison shots between the default and their improved version are very attractive.

I posted about those ones half a year ago. Although the photoscenery is 5m/pix (fs 2004 standard), all the buildings are FSX native and provide good fps. I have all their sceneries installed.

Lucas

I dont know about anyone else, but my system HATES tokyo. Slows to a chug when i fly over it, im gonna try this scenery since it can only get better from what i currently have

THe scenery will cover all the vector data objects and it will be very fps friendly.
    The vector data for the entire Japan was provided by the separate company (the rest comes from Navteq) and it is very impressive. This is why the Tokyo is such fps heavy - all because of the very accurate vector points.

Lucas

PS: Try the Las Vegas and Hawaii as well !

I'll try it when there's a Godzilla add in :woot:
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Hi all,
    Just downloaded it all.Just the scenery not the photo scenery.Looks a lot better.Liked Hawaii and Las Vagas as well.
    Just one note make sure that Tokyo is higher than yokohama as if it is not you loose the Yokohama end of the connecting tunnel to Tokyo.
    I found the connection really fast to their site 400kb+.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

i got very fast downloads as well, and as long as i turn down vehicles it runs great! I can finally fly around tokyo now. One question, what is vector data? I figured it ran so slow before because its such a dense city and it had a ton of autogen

This is good stuff, just downloaded the Hawaii. Like it so much now installing Vegas then later on will do Tokyo. Thanks for the HU on this Navychief.

:ernae:
    Jim

Hi all,
    Tried the Photo scenery but it was a real fps killer.Also thought it looked too washed out.
    There ordinary scenery is really great though.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.