Active Sky X

Thread: Active Sky X

Charter Member 2015

Active Sky X

Anyone have this? If so does it make turblance on the aircraft "every" time you enter/go through a cloud. Ive flown (as a passenger) a couple of time in real life and have yet entered a cloud with out a bump or two...... FSX to my knowledge doesnt do that by itself?!

David

harleyman
    I have AS6 (FS9) and it does not do that..but I like to fly with enhanced winds aloft so you at least get some movement from the air...

I can't really say about ASX.....

i have found that ASX causes handling errors, If i have ASX running and use a glider tug i get errant aileron inputs while being towed, they go away after the tug is gone, however they are so errant you usually break the tow rope, i also found this behavior in the red bull races, i have since stopped using it

harleyman
    Can you not smooth the wind with Fsuip somehow to stop that??

SOH-CM-2024
    You know, I want to wait until Tim Fuchs wraps up Real Environment Xtreme. I still can't find a download yet, but currently it's at $39.95 US list.

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/index.html

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Can you not smooth the wind with Fsuip somehow to stop that??
    i shouldnt have to go through all the trouble with such a highly rated product i canned it and kept the graphics program

harleyman
    Hey deimos...

I hear ya...when I first got AS6 I was lost..I am horrible about figuring out software and getting it to work..

But, J Skorna ( their lead man) started helping me and in no time I had it up and going.And as I stumbled along he was always there to offer tips and help...

These guys have some of the best tech support around......

And although their prices for FSX really hit me hard,and I told them so, they are still Primo in my book...

Point being..Its fairly compilicated software..but just ask and they will get you going properly with it.....

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Hey deimos...

I hear ya...when I first got AS6 I was lost..I am horrible about figuring out software and getting it to work..

But, J Skorna ( their lead man) started helping me and in no time I had it up and going.And as I stumbled along he was always there to offer tips and help...

These guys have some of the best tech support around......

And although their prices for FSX really hit me hard,and I told them so, they are still Primo in my book...

Point being..Its fairly compilicated software..but just ask and they will get you going properly with it.....
    I have AS 6.5 in FS9, love it, correlates with GE Pro. But I do not have any Ground Environment in FSX but UTX-USA and I really like the look of Tim's package.

Caz

harleyman
    I hear ya cazzie........It looks nice to me too...........

I'm using AS6 installed in FS9 as my weather engine for FEX in FSX...It works good.......

But have not really had it going but once as I've had numerous computer problems in the last 6 months and continue to have them......

But it was doing GREAT....

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    You know, I want to wait until Tim Fuchs wraps up Real Environment Xtreme. I still can't find a download yet, but currently it's at $39.95 US list.

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/index.html

Caz
    This does look interesting.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

JSkorna
    Hi David,

What is your Maximum Cloud Turbulence set to in ASX?

Thanks,

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    Hi David,

What is your Maximum Cloud Turbulence set to in ASX?

Thanks,

I've yet to purchase ASX I was wondering if it added cloud turbulence. That's the reason for the question. Don't want to purchase something that is eye candy only!

JSkorna
    Hi,

Yes, it does!

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks! Simple answer to simple question... :mixedsmi:

David

Members who have read this thread: 0