Taylorcraft Auster MkV
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylorcraft Auster MkV

Taylorcraft Auster MkV

Don't know how I missed this little beauty. By Björn Büchner. Any repaints out there for it?

Attachment 78197

dunno, but I NEED a link :woot:

I'll mossie on over to Avsim/flightsim and take a goosey.

Thanks for pointing it out.
    Jamie

Lightbulb

There's a couple out at AVSIM, but not as many in total as one would think....

There are some repaints at WWW.ClassicBritishfiles.com . With a little tweaking and some homegrown paint, it's become one of my favorite planes. Here's a shot over Glacier Bay.

Barry

The Auster isn't bad at all. I learned of the L-19 while browsing here today. Very maneuverable, fun to fly plane.:ernae:

S2004/2002 Cessna L-19E (O-1E) "Bird Dog"

The archive contain two different texture sets, one for an RoKAF L-19E, the other for a Canadian Armed Forces L-19E.

The model has many moving parts: flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevator, steerable tail wheel linked to the rudder, rotating wheels with suspensions, and opening side windows and door.

It has also detailed interior with pilot, and an operating virtual cockpit.

2D panel modified by the original from Brahim Rhoul , is also contained.

Model by Massimo Taccoli,

textures by Massimo & Gerardo Taccoli,

Flight dynamics by Dennis Seeley. 6.5MB

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004props16.htm 2nd one down

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    There are some repaints at WWW.ClassicBritishfiles.com . With a little tweaking and some homegrown paint, it's become one of my favorite planes. Here's a shot over Glacier Bay.

Barry
    Thanks Barry, that's where I found the model, somehow I missed the repaints. Off to get 'em now.

Classic British also has suitable Rearsby scenery for the Auster.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

There's a sound pack at flightsim.com;

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Sound FS2004/FSX Cirrus Minor Sound
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: cirrus.zip Size: 15,328,847 Date: 05-17-2008 Downloads: 229
    FS2004/FSX Cirrus Minor Sound. Sound set for any single engine aircraft fitted with the Blackburn Cirrus Minor Engine e.g. Auster Mk1. By Don Putnam.

There's also this Auster by Mr Ito.

FS2002/FS2004 Auster AOP.9
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: ast_aop9.zip Size: 2,967,876 Date: 04-05-2006 Downloads: 2,257
    FS2002/FS2004 Auster AOP.9. In the USA in the late 1930s, the Taylorcraft company enjoyed considerable success with its Models B, C and D light planes, which were built for private use. They were so successful that the designs were licensed for construction in England by the British Taylorcraft Company. When WWII broke out, the RAF put at least 100 of these aircraft into service as liaison and observation aircraft, under the designation Auster I, powered by a Blackburn Cirrus Minor I engine. The postwar Auster AOP (Air Observation Post) series was derived from the early British Taylorcraft models. The Mk 9, with a 160-hp Blackburn Cirrus Bombardier engine and a bigger wing, appeared in 1955 and remained in service into the late 1960s. Many ex-military Austers are now privately-owned around the world, and are highly prized for their ruggedness and short-field performance. Four kinds of paint examples (white, orage and two of camouflage) are included. By Kazunori Ito.

I've had this one for a couple of years now, and I agree it's superb! There are a good few repaints available for Björn Büchner's version on Flightsim.com.
    PJ
    www.uk-warbirds.net Historic flying in the UK

Cedar Key - Or so Old John MacDonald would say
    Just thought I might direct your attention to Classic British Flight Sim's Devlopers forum
    There is an Auster Autocrat presently in Beta Test - with the Autocar, etc etc set to appear
    behind it - As Dave said - Rearsby scenery was built because Dave Molyneaux was in the
    middle of developing the Autocrat so we had somewhere to beta test it - Bjorn Buchners
    Mk5 has found something of a Reniassance over at www.classicbritishfiles.com and The Autocrat
    is a happy mix of Dave Molyneaux's GMAX work, Brian Horseys wizardy in Flight data and Don Putnams
    excellent CIRRUS sound files (You'll get to use his Gypsy sound file later when the Alpine, Autocar,AOP6,
    Antartica,Terrier etc etc are released. For those who prefer flat engines rather than inline the Agricola,
    Lycoming powered Terrier will also be released.

Peter Watkins has 114 repaints for the Autocrat lined up -- But here is a hint of whats to come
    The Auster Autocrat in beta -1 mode.

Leif
    www.classicbritishfiles.com

Railrunner130's website has some paints for the auster

http://home.comcast.net/~ccoarse/Dow...s/Repaints.htm bottom of the page

Quote Originally Posted by RyDraiggoch View Post
    Just thought I might direct your attention to Classic British Flight Sim's Devlopers forum
    There is an Auster Autocrat presently in Beta Test - with the Autocar, etc etc set to appear
    behind it - As Dave said - Rearsby scenery was built because Dave Molyneaux was in the
    middle of developing the Autocrat so we had somewhere to beta test it - Bjorn Buchners
    Mk5 has found something of a Reniassance over at www.classicbritishfiles.com and The Autocrat
    is a happy mix of Dave Molyneaux's GMAX work, Brian Horseys wizardy in Flight data and Don Putnams
    excellent CIRRUS sound files (You'll get to use his Gypsy sound file later when the Alpine, Autocar,AOP6,
    Antartica,Terrier etc etc are released. For those who prefer flat engines rather than inline the Agricola,
    Lycoming powered Terrier will also be released.

Fantastic news! I ran across the Auster series when I happened across a pic of the Antartica at Airliners.net. That's when I started a search to see if any model Auster had been made for FS. I'll be looking forward to your release.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK%20-%20Air%20Force/Auster%20C-4%20Auster%20T7%20Antarctic/1380563/L/&width=1200&height=812&sok=WHERE__(aircraft_generi c_%3D_%27Auster_KESCSLASHQ_Auster_AOP6ESCSLASHT7ES CSLASHT10%27)_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo _nr=3&prev_id=1381253&next_id=1368434

Ah - the Antarctica. That Airfix kit must have been among the first with optional parts included. Wasn't the real thing a bit of a one-off, though?

Here's one of the Auster repaints available at Classic British Files.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Sorry to bump this thread up again

But for those of you desiring a correctly engined Auster, David Molyneaux
    has just released his Auster Autocrat for fs9 only - over at www.classicbritishfiles.com

Oh yes and Pete Watkins has already posted a six pack of paints for it
    including a nice Australian Blue.

Expect more of the family to appear over there in due time

Mahalo

Leif

Waahooooo!!!!! On my way!!!:ernae:

Nicely Done. Waiting anxiously for a few more repaints.

Sadly, no VC?
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

quote Dandog -- Sadly, no VC?

Umm not sure what you did wrong -- but David's Autocrat has one of the nicest Light aircraft VC's I have flown in a while. I beta'd it -- Oh and before ANYONE asks -- No, the compass on the dash is NOT stuck at 140 - that is a
    working True to life fuel gauge -- the compass face is seen on the mirror in top dead center just as it is in the prototype. And for those who havnt tried it yet - we have had three real world Auster pilots who say it is the
    cloest thing to real that they have flown in MSFS. Brian Horsey has waved his magic wand over it and got it right.

Leif

Quote Originally Posted by RyDraiggoch View Post
    quote Dandog -- Sadly, no VC?

Umm not sure what you did wrong -- but David's Autocrat has one of the nicest Light aircraft VC's I have flown in a while. I beta'd it -- Oh and before ANYONE asks -- No, the compass on the dash is NOT stuck at 140 - that is a
    working True to life fuel gauge -- the compass face is seen on the mirror in top dead center just as it is in the prototype. And for those who havnt tried it yet - we have had three real world Auster pilots who say it is the
    cloest thing to real that they have flown in MSFS. Brian Horsey has waved his magic wand over it and got it right.

Leif
    I couldn't have said it better myself

A very realistic aeroplane indeed and yep that is the fuel gauge.

Best wishes to all,

Martin

I missed this somehow, off to sort that out right now!!

Many thanks guys!!
    Jamie

Sorry these are in FsX but it's a beaut and with a new prop and some darkened alphas...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Which Prop texture is that?

Quote Originally Posted by NRM View Post
    Which Prop texture is that?
    It's a mix'n'match that works well in FsX. If you want it pm me with an e.mail addy and I'll send it.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hey JD

If you go over to FlightSim and do a search, there are three repaints and a "Repainters Kit" as well.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Roger

That looks great, but.....Dave Garwood will be releasing a pure FSX Autocrat in a few weeks - He left some screenies
    of G-AGTO at Classic british Flight sim - Like Dave Molyneaux's FS9 version it uses the same incredible Brian Horsey
    FDE however both models were built for one version of MSFS.

T-Square
    Do you mean there is a paintkit and paints at Flightsim for the Autocrat? I doubt it as to the best of my knowledge only ONE person person has the paint textures to it, besides Dave Molyneaux.

Leif