Coming soon . . .

Thread: Coming soon . . .

Coming soon . . .

Just uploaded the first of many to come! A pair of Nightfighters . . .
    More are on the way as soon as I get the weapons sorted out . . .

BTW The landing light come on with the gear down, they go off when it is up . . .

It's been a pleasure. Great work! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

!!! Good stuff!!:friday:
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Tango_Romeo

Keep on...

...keepin' on, Bis! :amen:

whistling death

Ready to fly over the morgan stanley range "the hump" to Buna in a RAAF whistling death for a nice early morning surprise courtesy visit

Wait until ya see all the variants! :friday:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Nice lookin' Beaufighter -- A Mk.IF I presume.

Thanks Bismarck!
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by dog1 View Post
    Ready to fly over the morgan stanley range "the hump" to Buna in a RAAF whistling death for a nice early morning surprise courtesy visit
    Beaufighters used by the RAAF were often referred to as whispering death. Whistling death was supposed to refer to Corsairs assigned to the ground attack role.
    BTW, the mountain range is called the OWEN STANLEY range.

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    ...BTW, the mountain range is called the OWEN STANLEY range...
    Rav ~

I'm wondering if Dog's faux pas wasn't completely unintentional, considering the state of the US economy and Wall Street's slip and slide.... :whistle:

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Oiy! Whats with all the night fighters?! First Black Widows and now this?! How do you bloody expect me to sleep?!:woot::woot:
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Fantastic Bis!!!,

Looks superb. At last a proper kitted out NF Beau!!!!!!

Many thanks for all the hard work.

:ernae::ernae::ernae: Shessi

I've downloaded a lot of Beaufighters in the past because of a lot of positive hype about the plane. However, they just end up gathering a lot of virtual dust for one reason or another. I am thinking maybe the plane's actual characteristics were poorly modeled on the earlier attempts, or maybe I just don't know what to expect from them. With a new Bismarck13 model coming out I am sure to find out one way or another. Thanks a lot Bismarck!

Cool Hmmm . . .

Those new downloads are coming rather slow today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sc7500 View Post
    Rav ~

I'm wondering if Dog's faux pas wasn't completely unintentional, considering the state of the US economy and Wall Street's slip and slide.... :whistle:

SC

Maybe the PNG government is selling them to the "highest" bidder.:costumes:

Well . . .

I see it is finally available . . .

Did anyone check them out yet?

Aircraft Acceptance Report.

Aircraft Type: Bristol Beaufighter Mk.INF and Mk.IINF
    Time: 12 noon
    Weather: Winds calm, standard pressure, medium clouds at 5 angels.
    Pilot/Rank: Wulf190/Classified

First Impressions: Both aircraft are well modeled visually, I particularly like the 'weathered' appearance of both. But I was wondering about the lack of detail for the engine cylinders. Each one is painted in the flat silver/gray. Fine attention was made to the radar arrays on both aircraft, and were details to the different types of engines. To my knowledge there has never been a Mk.IINF done for CFS2, but that is not surprising as there are only a few examples of the Beaufighter type available for CFS2 to begin with. But for the virtually aviation community, I think that the both of these types, and the MK.IINF in particular, are firsts. Congrats to the design teeam on the achievement. I also liked the opening cockpit door, and working cowlflaps on the Mk.INF type, the later I think is a first for the design team, nice work. I saw no radiator door for the Mk.IINF's engines. The sounds for both aircraft fit well.

Cockpits: The 2D panel is of good playout and one I think we have all seen before, and that is not a bad thing. Colin Muir's Beafighters used the same panel. One thing I did notice is the when I pulled up the engine control panel there was the lable fo "boust" above the Manifold Pressure gauges. A type on the part of a Bristol Painter I'm sure. Also the Manifold guages are of a US design...on a British plane? I didn't know the yanks were getting these just yet. I'll have to talk to the air ministry about that....

Now the DVC (Dynamic Virtual Cockpit) is interesting. very useable and readable compared to the Alpha Beaufighters. The 'six pack' is presented well as are most of the guages. I like the compass is read able on the right console, eventhough it's not a true compass representation. The detail of the DVC is alittle mixed though. The comsols and mush fo the other structure items in the cockpit have very little visual detail, no joints or rivits, but are painted wither an Olive Drab or Brown color. In the end though thats a detail that would only truely matter if I was flying the aircraft for pleasure on boringly long flights, but thats not the aircraft has been built for, and any other pilot better not be spending too much time looking at the interior when they need to be keeping their eyes outside! The opening windows for the cockpit are not modeled in the DVC, as they are on the 2D panel. What if the pilot needed some fresh air? No bother, just a truly minor detail.

Airwork: Take off and climb were easy, but I didn't know I was a test pilot for Bristol, I'm going to find the mechanic or company pilot who took the checklist out of both aircraft and give him a stern dressing down... Light on the controls which is surprising given the other all look of the aircraft. On decent to kill off any excess speed all one has to do is drop the flaps. The gear adds some to the slowing of the plane, but not as much as the flaps. Landing on two engines is a non-event and thye aircraft does not exhibit any negative tendancy to nose over when brakes are applied. Landing on a single engine though can be interesting, but is pradictable. The aircraft will stall out at around 110mph-120mph if one engine out. With both engine working the normal approach speed is 90-105mph.

Weapons: No outher weapons but guns will be used on these types, which is to be expected. But as a combat pilot I don't care the machine guns and the cannons to both be locked to the same trigger. I like being able to choose which I will use. Machine gun ammunition is more plentiful then cannon arounds there for the machine guns can be used to sight the target while the cannons come in to finish the target off.

System Performance: These Beaufighters gave an over all system performance of 125FPS, compared to the Alpha Beaufighters of 66FPS.

Fixes requested: Disconnect machine guns and cannons. Add British boost gauges inplace of American Manifold pressure gauges. Add more detail to engine cylinders is you can.

....Also 106 rivets are missing for the right wing.....:friday:

Closing comments: These new Beaufighters are exactly what CFS2 has been needing. There has not be a freeware version of this type made since Colin Muir's, and Colin's while very good for there type and show their age. Again congrats to the design group. I look forward to your next variants of the type.

Outcome: Aircraft accepted.:woot:
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

egypt23spitfire

...................:ernae:WOW:ernae:
    .......................very desirable thankyou BIS

..............NICE AIRCRAFT ACCEPTANCE report WOLF
    .............I also fly the ALPHA
    ..........(always thought you were a closet "rivet counter"):costumes:

..................all in all a great addition

Been flying them this afternoon, and just Beau-tiful!! :d

Vc is very good, and as said good on the FRs.

After all these years, finally a great couple of Beau NFs, many thanks again Bis...

:ernae: Shessi

hmmmm

Vc is very good,
    It's a lot better in FS9, the throttles work . . . :caked:

BUT, you can't shoot anything. Wish they could have just enabled that stuff in CFS2.

Anyway, I am pretty pleased that these two Beaus have been downloaded over a hundred times in the first day. Makes me think there is still a lot of life in the old Combat Sim . . . .

I have a FS9 version of the Mark II if anyone is interested. I might upload it if enough people want to just joyride in it. You need the different version because I disabled some of the animations in the CFS2 version . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck13 View Post
    It's a lot better in FS9, the throttles work . . . :caked:

BUT, you can't shoot anything. Wish they could have just enabled that stuff in CFS2.

Anyway, I am pretty pleased that these two Beaus have been downloaded over a hundred times in the first day. Makes me think there is still a lot of life in the old Combat Sim . . . .

I have a FS9 version of the Mark II if anyone is interested. I might upload it if enough people want to just joyride in it. You need the different version because I disabled some of the animations in the CFS2 version . . .
    The models is incredible!, look this engines! really nice!, the first and only MKII in cfs2! thanks!

Hi Bis,
    Promise you won't tell anyone, but yes I do have the odd fly around in the 'other' sim....so would use an Fs9 version. Thanks.

cheers Shessi