CFS3 ETO Problem!

Thread: CFS3 ETO Problem!

jackedwardmorris95

CFS3 ETO Problem!

Yesterday I downloaded the ETO expansion from aussiex.org. When I tried to run the file my PC jammed and I had to start task manager to close the folder it was in. I Have a Windows Vista Laptop with 120GB HD and 4GB Ram and I don't see why this should not work. At the minute I am living in the UK so, I can't get a copy of the DVD, even thought I am willing to distribute five more. Alternatively, does anyone know of a link I can download it from other than aussiex.org,

Jack

aussiex.org is the only location for ETO Expansion files.

At what point did your computer "lock up"? When you first clicked on the installer or in the middle of the install? Are you running as administrator? The installer requires that you run as administrator.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Downloaded ETO expansion (1.0 and 1.02) A few questions; Shortcut is on desktop, but NOT listed in programs list Start/All Programs/Microsoft Games.....but is listed when searching drive C:\Programs\Microsoft\Games\ ??
    Tried to start game from desktop and received the following error's;

(1) Generic error occurred while saving XML document to file.
    (2) The configuration override is either corrupt or missing. Please re-run CFS3. CFS3 Will now exit.

Re-ran CFS3, no problems there. Tried to run ETO again.........same error??

Fellas, I am hopelessly lost! Would someone please :help:!

You need to set up your CFS3 ETO Expansion config.exe .............or

If you are happy with your stock CFS3 configurations you can use your ConfigOverrides.xml in your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder by copying and pasting the file to your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________ folder.

Quote Originally Posted by 84shovel View Post
    Downloaded ETO expansion (1.0 and 1.02) A few questions; Shortcut is on desktop, but NOT listed in programs list Start/All Programs/Microsoft Games.....but is listed when searching drive C:\Programs\Microsoft\Games\ ??
    Tried to start game from desktop and received the following error's;

(1) Generic error occurred while saving XML document to file.
    (2) The configuration override is either corrupt or missing. Please re-run CFS3. CFS3 Will now exit.

Re-ran CFS3, no problems there. Tried to run ETO again.........same error??

Fellas, I am hopelessly lost! Would someone please :help:!
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Thank you Sir!

How do I set up config? I did Use CFS3 Config.

Please advise and I will then try to resolve as directed.

Hopefully.......it will successfully correct issue.

BTW...also installed 1.02, will that cause orig 1.0 to fault?

Ciao!

You go into windows explorer into the main CFS3 ETO Expansion directory and double click on cfs3config.exe.

Thank you Sir!

How do I set up config? I did Use CFS3 Config.

Please advise and I will then try to resolve as directed.

Hopefully.......it will successfully correct issue.

BTW...also installed 1.02, will that cause orig 1.0 to fault?

Ciao!

Located config as directed...........didn't work.......same error??:help:

Do you have a C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________ folder?

If not then that means the Martin Wrights cfs3multiinstall.exe did not run. You will need to run it from your main eto directory. Make sure to print out the readme and follow the directions for installation of the eto.

If you do have:

My only suggestion is to remove the existing files of your CFS3 ETO Expansion installation including in your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________ folder

Located config as directed...........didn't work.......same error??:help:

OK!

If I have to do the latter, and there is no uninstall option, or program listing in the add remove programs, I should then just delete all the files and start over?

Also if the program does install properly, shouldn't it be listed in my All Programs listing with Microsoft games (i.e. FS9 and CFS3)?

I really appreciate your time and help.

Yes manually delete the files associated with the CFS3 ETO Expansion. Pay particular attention in also deleting the ones found in the my documents and in the application data folder areas.

Make sure to print out the install readmes and follow to the letter for ease of installation.

The add ons such as eto, pto, Maw will not be listed in the All Programs listing with Microsoft games as they go through a copy process using the original CFS3 files.

OK!

If I have to do the latter, and there is no uninstall option, or program listing in the add remove programs, I should then just delete all the files and start over?

Also if the program does install properly, shouldn't it be listed in my All Programs listing with Microsoft games (i.e. FS9 and CFS3)?

I really appreciate your time and help.

I'm on it. Will try reinstall after deleting process.

Thanks again for your help!

New question. ETO is installed and working well. However..........mission builder does not seem to exist.
    Followed install instructions. The MB folder is in directory as well as CFS3 Mission Builder icon and an image icon for
    ETO mission builder. According to the instructions:

1.) "Right click on the MB and open the Properties pull down tab.

Well when I right click and select properties on the ETO mission builder icon, properties are "icon" (an image). When I right click the CFS3 icon located within the ETO main directory, the target path reads ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\mb\mb.exe" and the start in reads ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\"

2.) When I change the target path to read as (The default directory and target paths are C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion)...the CFS3 Mission builder changes to a a folder icon. Within the folder is the whole flipping ETO game but no way to launch MB!?!

What am I missing here within the instructions!?!?!?!:help::help:

gman35
    Hey Shovel did you ever get this problem fixed? My mb says the same and I can't save any campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    You need to set up your CFS3 ETO Expansion config.exe .............or

If you are happy with your stock CFS3 configurations you can use your ConfigOverrides.xml in your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder by copying and pasting the file to your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________ folder.
    Did not work.
    Same error message.

I got rid of the line after Expansion in the new folder.
    Is that what causes the error?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi JBT

When you set up the new ETO folder up it must have the line after the name. the line is made up of underscores and these characters make the new ETO name the same number of Characters long as the original CFS3 directory name. the number of characters has to match.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi JBT

When you set up the new ETO folder up it must have the line after the name. the line is made up of underscores and these characters make the new ETO name the same number of Characters long as the original CFS3 directory name. the number of characters has to match.

regards Rob.
    I decided to install eto for a third time and everything was fine until I installed 1.40.

I forgot to run the obsolete file exe.

Gutted.

Have to start all over again.

Might give this a miss for another time as Sandown is on and my concentration spans are less than normal.

Would be so stress free if ETO came in a a one in all installer.

I keep forgetting all the options and have to run you tube then back to the game and back again and I start forgetting stuff.

So much you have to remember just to install this thing lol.

Probably better off installing il2 1946 and it's mods.

I will always forgot something installing this with Windows 7 64 bit unless someone has come up with an installer bat that installs 1 then 1.2 then 1.4 then the hot fix without me having to shake like a leaf wondering if I got all the steps right.

anyway I couldn't read the menus in my native res anyway as they were tiny and the map was tiny as well when I installed it the first time and had the spawn problems(which I could have fixed if I didn't run out of patience and delete everything after argh.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi JBT,

when you next install ETO once you get to 1.2 and its working make a back up copy of the game folder. then install 1.4, if it goes pair shaped delete the game folder and then put your backed up 1.2 folder back in the microsoft games directory.

That way you dont have to re-install from scratch.

Your watching Sandown, I'm assuming your in Aus? If so I can burn you a DVD of the game folder patched to 1.4 and you can just drop that in ontop of your 1.2 install allowing it to overwrite and you should be good to go.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi JBT,

when you next install ETO once you get to 1.2 and its working make a back up copy of the game folder. then install 1.4, if it goes pair shaped delete the game folder and then put your backed up 1.2 folder back in the microsoft games directory.

That way you dont have to re-install from scratch.

Your watching Sandown, I'm assuming your in Aus? If so I can burn you a DVD of the game folder patched to 1.4 and you can just drop that in ontop of your 1.2 install allowing it to overwrite and you should be good to go.

regards Rob.
    Thanks for the offer Bob but I have got it working after the 4th attempt.
    Now where is the ini file located?