1. Race Executive Committee will post an Official Thread for this event. Do not start your own thread or make posts on another thread for the Kickoff.
2. No Baton or Wingman – please do not check that box on Duenna during this event
3. Before 1930Z / the Kickoff Start – Open Duenna, Click Settings – ensure the box “Send realtime position to server?” is unchecked – click Save Settings (With so many pilots on-line we do not want to create server/ bandwidth delays). Be sure to reset Duenna before departing Melbourne for the rest of the race.
4. Remember you must post the actual Duenna .TXT file as an attachment to your forum post for a successful flight. No links to the flight record on the server will be possible.
There is no baton or wingman – simply post entries such as:
· “Pilot ____ taking off from YMLT for YQNS in the _________ aircraft”
· “Pilot ____ successfully landed at YQNS” - attach the Duenna .TXT file – the .JPG is not required.
· “Pilot ____ taking off from YQNS for YMLT in the ________ aircraft with the Bennet’s Wallaby”
· “Pilot ____ successfully landed at YMLT with the Bennet’s Wallaby” – attach the Duenna .TXT file
· “Pilot ____ taking off from YMLT for YMEN in the _________ aircraft with the Echidna, Rainbow Lorikeet, Tasmanian Devil, Bennet’s Wallaby, Wombat, Swift Parrot, Forester Kangaroo and Golden Possum (8 animals).
· “Pilot ____ successfully landed at YMEN with all 8 animals – four hours bonus earned for Team ______” – attach the Duenna .TXT file.
Remember when the first pilot makes it to an airport – that leg is complete. No other pilots need to post success or failure of that leg. The same pilot is not required to make the return leg to YMLT. Other pilots may start from that airport as backups or replacements.
When the animal is brought to YMLT, that requirement is complete. No other pilots need to post success or failure of the return leg flight.
When the animal departs YMLT for YMEN – and successfully lands in Melbourne – that earns the team 30 minutes Bonus Time for each of the 8 possible animals.
The team is not required to wait until all the animals are collected at YMLT. Earlier flights with fewer animals can be dispatched to YMEN. Remember the distance and flying time though. Only two King Air flights may be used from YMLT to YMEN. The normal fastest flight is about one hour.
I would recommend that team members prepare and keep a Notepad .TXT file on their computer desktop with prepared posts for all flights. An example is attached to this post.
That way they only need to copy and paste their forum posts. That makes the workload on the pilot much simpler and less prone to error.
Sample posts and a copy of the Excel spreadsheet the Executive Committee will use to track team success are available at these links