BN2 Islander - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BN2 Islander

6297J
    Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    I,ve asked this long time ago on alphasim site needless to it say didn,t make very popular,..again .,,Why even posting this preview shots when the release it,s not planned for months or years to come ? " I don,t see their point, teasing like that and than getting all sensitive about people asking about their slow progress. Surprise us with a good model when it,s ready,or very close to release date....
    I agree. So let's all stop talking about this mythical add-on and move on. The more we build it up, the more disappointing it will inevitably be when it comes out next month or next year. We haven't even seen VC shots yet.
    Let's forget about it and maybe we will all have a nice surprise one day :ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Dang.. I was just thinking about that plane this morning.

Its in good hands. With a team like Dan, it will be released at the right time and it will be great.

The Catalina took a while to finish. It was well worth it. I am sure the Islander will be too.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

On Another Planet
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Dan is working on it anymore. I am pretty sure he doesn't have anything to do with it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Didn't quite escape.
    We've been around this loop at least five times now on various threads... Dan remained with the project. Until when, I don't know, but he has stated several times that he is still involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    Im on the fence thinkin of buying. Now if they have the HMCA Islander in there, it will be a buy for me no matter how long i have to wait.
    I did a HMCG paint for the freeware FS2004 version.

Larry

I just can wait for this bird it was like November or October last year she appeared on the alphasim website with a coming soon logo, and no it hasn't been soon!!! as we all know..ive just got there albatross and while yes its external model is excellent as always from alpha I found the vc a bit flat if you know what i mean, it looked like fs2004 textures to me and poor ones at that I can only hope alpha deliver the BN2 and sepecat jaguar soon and at qaulity I now expect as an acceleration user. I'm getting worried about that company!!! There still one of the best tho!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I did a HMCG paint for the freeware FS2004 version.

Very nice....where is it????

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Please do tell and share the HMCA paint location.By the way were is the freeware model by chance?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    Very nice....where is it????
    Please do tell and share the HMCA paint location.
    I made the repaint at the request of a member over at the CBFS forum a long time ago. I emailed the model builder (Marcel Kuhnt) at the time asking for permission to upload it but never got a reply and so in the end I just emailed the repaint to the person who requested it and left it at that (I also made him a repaint of the Headcorn Parachute Club scheme).

I just checked my HD and it looks like I deleted the AC from my hangar but I do still have the intact paint kit and I am pretty sure I have the finished repaint files on a back-up disc here somewhere. I will have to have a search around and see if I can dig it out and then I will upload the repaints here.

By the way were is the freeware model by chance?
    The freeware model can be found here....

http://www.m-r-software.de/ac_eng.htm

NOTE: You will need the BN-2A base pack plus the additional 'rest' file and sound files.
    Larry

its like asking a piece of a puzzle what the big picture looks like...how the F would he know :ernae:
    ...so you saw some screenies and heard a rumor - congratulations to you.

let the artists art and the developers develope and have a coke and a smile when the plane is released
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

who's paying them for there coke and smiles ehh the tooth fairy?
    were not sitting here wondering we want aircraft now baby thats what we pay for!!!

For those who are interested (i.e. 'Gera' and 'Trans') I just uploaded both the HMCG and the Headcorn Parachute Club schemes for the freeware FS2004 version here at SOH. They should be available within 24 hours once the Admins clear them.
    Larry

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thank you for the link Larry, very much appreciated:ernae:.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    For those who are interested (i.e. 'Gera' and 'Trans') I just uploaded both the HMCG and the Headcorn Parachute Club schemes for the freeware FS2004 version here at SOH. They should be available within 24 hours once the Admins clear them.
    Thank you Larry, will be looking for them, they will bring my fleet to 10 or twelve I think!!!! I really like this plane, have flown to the islands in it and see it everyday as they pass over my house......their sound is unique.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    who's paying them for there coke and smiles ehh the tooth fairy?
    Well, certainly not us. One nice thing about not having a package out is that we haven't paid a penny for it - hence the advice from pretty much everyone for people to stop complaining that it isn't out yet and either chat, or fly something else in the meantime!

I have funds right now. I'm just trying to decide between the RAS Duke, the Alpha Albatross, the Alpha FSX Texan/Harvards and the Dodsim B206 for what to get... Or something else entirely... Decisions... Decisions... :isadizzy:

From your list I would subtract the Albatross.....sorry to say, you will love the Duke.

Didn't quite escape.
    I actually suspect the other way around, which is why I didn't get the Duke already. I'm a flying boat fan. A modern twin I doubt I'll use much if ever.

What I really want is all the odd birds that very rarely get made such as Avro Ansons, Boulton Paul Defiants and Hawker Typhoons. I'll probably end up being really random and getting the Dodosim helo.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I actually suspect the other way around, which is why I didn't get the Duke already. I'm a flying boat fan. A modern twin I doubt I'll use much if ever.

What I really want is all the odd birds that very rarely get made such as Avro Ansons, Boulton Paul Defiants and Hawker Typhoons. I'll probably end up being really random and getting the Dodosim helo.
    Id love a defiant!
    H

6297J
    Speaking of flying boats, I'd love a Sunderland

(Here is how to use the runway to get the barnacles off your bottom of your Sunderland - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2qx...eature=related )

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    Speaking of flying boats, I'd love a Sunderland
    Seconded! DAN!

The B-P Defiant was built in Wolverhampton (this is the West Midlands - it's said "Wulveramptun"), just up the road from here. Unsurprisingly there are no memorials or statues in the honour of that, unlike the Spitfires over at Castle Brom the other side of Birmingham. It actually did quite well as a night fighter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Seconded! DAN!

The B-P Defiant was built in Wolverhampton (this is the West Midlands - it's said "Wulveramptun"), just up the road from here. Unsurprisingly there are no memorials or statues in the honour of that, unlike the Spitfires over at Castle Brom the other side of Birmingham. It actually did quite well as a night fighter.
    I always thought that BP factory was in Norwich pronounced noritch to the locals
    but you are correct they were made in the west

there's a great one for cfs2
    but will not port into fs9 yet alone fsx
    H

Didn't quite escape.
    1068 Defiants apparently rolled off the Pendeford production line, along with 105 Blackburn Rocs, 692 Blackburn Barracudas (hands up who can visualise those two without referring to books... ) and a few, although not many, of the 162 Balliols after the war. B-P moved to Seighford in 1956. Apparently, they also made bicycles and cars - never knew the latter.

Almost all aircraft factories in Britain had a "shadow", doing the same job, by 1940. For instance Supermarine were based in Southampton, but the Spitfire is very strongly associated with what was actually a Jaguar cars plant in Castle Bromwich, Birmingham. Likewise, Austin cars, also in Birmingham, were a shadow for Vickers - because their airfield was too small, however, many of the Austin-built Vickers aircraft (e.g. Wellingtons) were test flown from a training base in Elmdon, which is better known now as "Birmingham International Airport".

To correct myself, there is apparently a plaque commemorating B-P, and specifically the Defiant, in a housing estate - which is what Wolverhampton (Pendeford) has long since vanished under. I've never known about or seen it, I have to admit. I might have to go hunting one of the days.

Blog Entries
    my hand is up!
    it was probably the Bicycles Made in Norwich
    not a lot of hills
    LOL
    H

Blog Entries
    i was almost correct
    Boulton Paul Aircraft Ltd was a British aircraft manufacturer that was created in 1934, although its origins lay in 1914, and lasted until 1961. The company mainly built and modified aircraft under contract to other manufacturers, but had a few notable designs of its own, such as the ill-conceived Boulton Paul Defiant.
    The company's origins date back to an ironmonger's shop founded in 1797 in Norwich . By the early 1900s, Boulton & Paul Ltd was a successful general manufacturing firm. The aircraft building business was sold off from the main construction business in 1934 and then moved to Wolverhampton.

I guess 1797 was slightly early for the defiant
    but us East Anglians are futuristic
    we knew then
    H

Didn't quite escape.

Another funny for you... There was a plan afoot, which never flew, to put the Defiant's powered turret onto the Westland Lysander after they were massacred in France during the retreat to Dunkirk. I say that one never flew, but the Lysander with the underside turret (it crashed) and the Lysander with a split-tail (like the Lanc, for example) and a bomber rear turret both did. Neither went into production, but apparently neither actually flew too badly.

It wasn't just the Royal Engineers that invented wierd and wonderful things during WW2.... (Hobart's Funnies. )