Warbird Digest

Thread: Warbird Digest

Warbird Digest

Anybody know a store that carries this publication? I have been all over God's green Earth today to find it.... and have came up short... I checked B. Dalton, Waldenbooks, Barnes & Noble, Kroger, & the Air Force Museum..... nadda.... There is an article about one of the planes dad & I spent the better half of a decade on and I would really like to have the article to frame....

-Witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Here in Ky the only place I can find them is at Hastings.Is the March issue out or are you wanting the Jan/Feb issue?

Michael

I am not sure Michael, I will have to ask tomorrow... I just swore up & down that I saw it somewhere around here at one point in time...and then the one dang time that I went looking for it, non to be found....
    -witt

I just glanced at my Jan/Feb issue that has an article about the T-50 of the Wright Stuff Squadron.Would that be the article you are referring to.If you can't find the mag by Monday PM me your address and I'll send my copy your way.

Michael

Okay, I just went to their website to see if they have any kind of venders list or what have you...... and the main picture on their home page is the article I want... I did not realize that the aircraft made the cover.....
    -witt

http://www.warbirddigest.com/

That must be the March/April issue then.I'm a subscriber and I still haven't received that issue yet.

Michael

Witt,
    At my Barnes & Noble we still have the Jan-Feb issue on the newsstand through Feb 24. Mar-Apr issue goes out on Feb 25. Call your local B&N, they'll pull a copy for you. If they won't I will.

Okay, I went to the website, and just ordered that copy... I probably payed a little more, but probably less than the gas money it would have cost to continue my search.... If anybody has a subscription to this magazine, this aircraft was my first time I had ever done any work on any type of aircraft.... Never did anything to involved with it....

-witt

(will have to find some pics of it before it's current condition...)

Here's a photo of the airplane on the cover...

First is a picture when we first found the plane, 20 years after it was sold from Grimes Aerospace to a private owner....

Second, Restoration taking place...

Almost 10 years later...