Coulson's C130 T131 enroute to Australia

Thread: Coulson's C130 T131 enroute to Australia

Coulson's C130 T131 enroute to Australia

this page over at fire aviation has a neat little story on T-131 flying from Arizona to Avalon in Australia.Victoria i think?..as of friday night it was in Pago Pago..i thought this might be of interest to anyone with a C-130 and as an airtanker?..im not sure there even is one.but it gives the route,with some cool pics of her in flight and on the ground aqt Pago Pago.

http://fireaviation.com/2016/12/10/c...-to-australia/

Yep....bushfire season down here cometh.....
    I imagine Elvis and Edna are here somewhere by now...

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    NSW has Thor, a DC-10 and a couple of Sky Cranes. They have all been rather active in the last few weeks. Thor and the DC-10 have helped out in Victoria a couple of time already.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Yep....bushfire season down here cometh.....
    I imagine Elvis and Edna are here somewhere by now...
    Elvis hasnt been back to Aus since 2013, and wont be planning on coming this yr

And there is no record of Enda according to the Australian National aerial firefighting Centre and Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Elvis hasnt been back to Aus since 2013, and wont be planning on coming this yr

And there is no record of Enda according to the Australian National aerial firefighting Centre and Erickson
    Might be Elsa....can't recall....last I saw that one was when she landed at YMEN the day we were off to King Island on the Gooney Bird....which would have been around December '12. Just about the noisiest animal I ever heard...

Nope...it's 'Elsie' ....found the pic...

Time flies ....thought it was more recent than that....as did the trip again in '14....but it was the first time, not the second.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02506.jpg  

Malcolm and Gypsy Lady have been doing the rounds the past few years, Im not sure whos is here this year

I would say this would have to be every pilots ultimate dream to be a water bomber driver !

Yep, we had Aircrane 741 thundering over the house last week in the blue mountains

SOH-CM-2023
    A friend of mine, Mike Strasser, who does the online web comic Chicken Wings, Drives a Skycrane for Ericson. He spent most of his summer in Greece on fire contract.
    You can't take the sky from me...

I flew with Coulson's Tanker 132 crew while doing practice drops at Fox Field last year. Great group of guys there.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    In the last 2 days 2 Ericksons, a C-130, DC-10 and several Firebirds and Helitaks have seen constant work in the Hunter Valley and Central Coast. At the present time a fire is burning in the Patonga Drive area which has me a little concerned as it appears to be burning up the mountain towards me. I had a look at the fire map and it shows three ignition points so it appears to be deliberately lit. Usually happens when people want to get their jollies on a day that was declared a TOBAN day.

Just keeping my fingers crossed.

The weather radar shows a large rain band passing south of us so it will be of little help. Temp today reached 37 degrees Celsius with 30% RH.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

if I can find the energy to finish this

Members who have read this thread: 0