C-47 V3 Livery Paints Missing 'noseout.dds' Textures

Thread: C-47 V3 Livery Paints Missing 'noseout.dds' Textures

C-47 V3 Livery Paints Missing 'noseout.dds' Textures

Please note the following repaints are showing a 'black' nose when viewed from the virtual cockpit, even though the exterior views show it to be a totally different color in V3 :

Piedmont Airlines N44V (s/b blue)
    American Airlines NC17334 (s/b shiny aluminum)
    Congo Queen 9Q-CUK (s/b yellow)

I was just wondering if any painters here have access to these 'noseout.dds' files so the 'black' fallback color could be overwritten in the individual folders for these 3 repaints ?
    All I would need is these 3 files to install in the corresponding repaint folders.

Thank-you, and any help would be much appreciated.

I am currently away from my paint computer, but the noseout is just a single color I believe, so opening the original textures would allow you to pick the color in photoshop/gimp/paintshop and apply that to the noseout texture.
    If I had the textures you're talking about (sorry, I have too many of my own already..), and I was in front of my photoshop containing computer, it would take just a few minutes I think
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

various noseout.dds

Good evening,
    Congo Queen is yellow/yellow at my side.
    As an inbetween solution, you can collect the relevant noseout.dds from following repaint downloads :
    Piedmont N44V (but also Lake Central and Air Manitoba here) : check either Eastern Airways G-AMPO or UAL San Francisco.
    AA NC17334 : check from Bluebonnet Belle, Eastern Airlines N18124, or Esther Mae
    Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Please note the following repaints are showing a 'black' nose when viewed from the virtual cockpit, even though the exterior views show it to be a totally different color in V3 :

Piedmont Airlines N44V (s/b blue)
    American Airlines NC17334 (s/b shiny aluminum)
    Congo Queen 9Q-CUK (s/b yellow)

I was just wondering if any painters here have access to these 'noseout.dds' files so the 'black' fallback color could be overwritten in the individual folders for these 3 repaints ?
    All I would need is these 3 files to install in the corresponding repaint folders.

Thank-you, and any help would be much appreciated.
    Is it my Congo Queen? If so, it already has a yellow noseout.dds

Quote Originally Posted by Gooneybird565 View Post
    Good evening,
    Congo Queen is yellow/yellow at my side.
    As an inbetween solution, you can collect the relevant noseout.dds from following repaint downloads :
    Piedmont N44V (but also Lake Central and Air Manitoba here) : check either Eastern Airways G-AMPO or UAL San Francisco.
    AA NC17334 : check from Bluebonnet Belle, Eastern Airlines N18124, or Esther Mae
    Blue skies
    Good day,
    Thank-you for the info. I am checking into this but so far have come up empty. I checked Congo Queen, Piedmont, Bluebonnet Belle and Esther Mae and all are lacking the 'noseout.dds' file in their respective repaint texture folders which would normally override the default 'black' which is in the C-47 aircraft texture folder if I understand this correctly, as I am no painter and have no photoshop access ATM. It just seems to me that the noseout.dds file may have been accidentally missed from the C-47 V3 paintkit and unless the painter specifically looks for it in the default texture folder it will go unchanged and stay 'black' from a VC view, even if the exterior view shows a different color in the same spot ?

I have the V3 C-47 and have adapted a lot of these V2 paints to it by changing the [fltsim.XX] text and have the original green VC that came with the download and have no issues making other repaints work, except for the 3 listed above.

I am curious re Congo Queen as mine still shows black and I cannot find any 'noseout.dds' file in the repaint texture folder for it, 'texture.9Q-CUK' , ( .... same goes for Piedmont, Bluebonnet Belle and Esther Mae).

I will continue my search, as these beautiful paints are all worthy of keeping and definitely worth my time to find a 'fix'.

In the meantime, if anyone finds a link to these 3 files, if you can post here it would be much appreciated as I am probably not the only one with this issue.

Cheers,
    MZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Is it my Congo Queen? If so, it already has a yellow noseout.dds
    No. It's not your version. I have not been able to find your version, .... please, could you provide a link ?

Much appreciated.
    MZ

No. It's not your version. I have not been able to find your version, .... please, could you provide a link ?

Much appreciated.
    MZ
    I just remembered. I discovered the Congo Queen already on here so I put mine up on AVSIM

Checked Air Central and Lake Manitoba. No 'noseout.dds' in either texture folder. Could the V2 repaint texture folder have this file under some other ' .dds' name ?

Thank-you, Ron. Found it .......... and now Congo Queen is fixed ! Finally, a blackout.dds file in the repaint texture folder.

Now I just need to find the ones for 'American Airlines NC17334', and 'Piedmont Airlines N44V' .

I am using the V3, and all the V2 textures I had already do work properly on the latest version.

The Congo Queen I have is the one released by Ron Attwood at AVSIM.

At my side, Pïedmont N44V, Lake Central and Air Manitoba do not originally have a blue noseout.dds. You will find a blue noseout.dds when downloading Eastern Airways G-AMPO (released by Ron Attwood at AVSIM) or UAL San Francisco (released by Ron Attwood at SOH) repaints.

For the Bluebonnet Belle, Eastern Airlines N18124, and Esther Mae, I must re-check where/what about these textures, just can not find right now... Possibly the noseout.dds is the stock one contained in the texture folder (not pure black), as I could not locate until now a true aluminium noseout.dds in my hangar.
    Sorry
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

I fixed Congo Queen using Ron's paint.

The other two repaints (American Airlines and Piedmont Airlines) are proving quite hard as none of the noseout.dds colors are even close.
    I tried also posting at the 2 repaint threads for these 2 liveries to see if the painters themselves will be able to add these matching 'noseout.dds' files to their repaints, hence providing the 'final fix' , lol !

Fingers crossed. I really do appreciate all of your help, guys !

MZ

Thank-you, Ron. Found it .......... and now Congo Queen is fixed ! Finally, a blackout.dds file in the repaint texture folder.
    Blackout.dds?

Oops ! I meant 'noseout.dds' , LOL ! Thanks, again, Ron !

If anyone can provide a link to a "shiny aluminum" noseout.dds texture for the C-47 V3 'American Airlines NC17334' repaint noted below, I will very much appreciate. Thank-you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-Airlines-zip

Checked Air Central and Lake Manitoba. No 'noseout.dds' in either texture folder. Could the V2 repaint texture folder have this file under some other ' .dds' name ?
    You can edit the noseout.dds yourself and make it any color you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    You can edit the noseout.dds yourself and make it any color you like.
    In post #5 I mentioned that I currently do not have Photoshop or similar software.
    Is there a way of doing this without Photoshop ?

For a small file such as this, the Windows Paint program is more than adquate.
    I prefer Paint.Net which is far more featured and equally free of charge.
    One can paint a whole aircraft with that.

Like this one.
    Regards,
    Nick

Is there a way of doing this without Photoshop ?
    GIMP is free, a bit of a learning curve though. As cooper said, Windoze paint will do if that's all you want to use it for. You'll need DXTbmp (free) to convert it to a format FSX can see after you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post

Like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    GIMP is free, a bit of a learning curve though. As cooper said, Windoze paint will do if that's all you want to use it for. You'll need DXTbmp (free) to convert it to a format FSX can see after you're done.
    Thank-you, guys for the info. I will look into it and see what I come up with.

Cheers,
    MZ.

You can find DxtBmp here
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post

Like this one.

I have Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, but I use Paint.Net for all my paints.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 0