Open invitation for facility help

Thread: Open invitation for facility help

Open invitation for facility help

Greetings everyone,

I am trying to add routes to this facility that I have created, so that three of the infantrymen march back and forth, like sentries. I have tried everything I can think of, even adding a ground plane and flagging it as an airbase, but to no avail. The facility shows up, but the units on the route don't. I have followed the general layout of ACC_Predannack_1944_airbase, which as I noticed, has moving vehicles in QC, but not in missions. Does anyone now why that is? Anyway, if somebody could get the routes working, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi, my best guess is to change the minor road type from "no type" to "road".

Other things to check: that Kublewagon xdp and m3d names match, including the name for the m3d file within the xdp file. IIRC sometimes one is named "kubelwagon" - spot the difference? Very easy to miss the inconsistencies.

Another thing to check is that the textures referenced in the m3d file by w40 vehicles (including personnel) exist. IIRC some of the w40 personnel reference OFF textures.

Finally, you could try changing the facility type to "factory".

All just guesses you understand!

Thanks for the suggestions,

I have pretty much covered most those. The Kubelwagons show up, as well as the infantry not placed on routes. I tried changing NoType to road, but that didn't help either, and besides, Predannack has a working route with Type="NoType". I will have to try the isFactory flag however, although I would have thought isAirfield would have covered that. Of course airfield vehicles don't seem to work too well in missions...

Well I seem to have tried just about every combination possible (with a few permutations just to be sure), and still no joy. Maybe I'll have another go tomorrow, but I'll probably have to put routes on hold for now (I don't have a good history with routes). If anyone has any magic coding words, please let me know!

Blog Entries
    We've been here and done this! :0)

A couple of things, you need to have your scenery slider set to 4 or 5 for the animations to work.
    Also, they won't work in quick combat from a ground start, you only see them from an air start or from within a mission. Don't know why, just another weird CFS3 thing.

Check out this old thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=halifax

(I was particularly pleased with the second video in the thread)

Cheers,

Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

I forgot that one Clive. It was really impressive!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    I'd forgotten we'd done this too James, I wonder what other goodies we've forgotten about. Been doing this for too many years now!

Pa11sage.Flyer - looking at your paths, these are straight lines, i.e point A to point B then back again. If you still can't get it to work after following the tips in that thread try making them triangular or rectangular paths instead.

<Route Name="minor_road" Type="NoType">
    <Point Position="12.00 -12.00"/>
    <Point Position="36.00 -12.00"/>
    <Point Position="12.00 -12.00"/>
    </Route>
    <Point Position="12.00 12.00"/>
    <Point Position="36.00 12.00"/>
    <Point Position="12.00 12.00"/>
    </Route>
    <Point Position="-18.00 12.00"/>
    <Point Position="-18.00 -12.00"/>
    <Point Position="-18.00 12.00"/>
    </Route>
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

SOH-CM-2020

Minor_Road Type=Road

Just for posterity, thought I would update this thread. In the uploaded utility here at SOH called "Mission and Facility Editor", there is a copy of correspondence from Martin Wright to Richard Eikland (Jan 2003). The document is headed Facility.txt. It provides part of an updated mission scripting SDK for CFS3, and I'm not sure if it ever got released as an official MS document.

Under the heading "Special Objects in Facilities", it mentions minor roads:

"minor_road A linear spline with this name will act as a path for vehicles to travel upon. Any vehicle placed on top of one of the vertices of the spline will be thought to be on the path and will travel around path in a continuous loop. You can have multiple vehicles on a path.....
    The properties of a minor_road object should have a entry that says: Type=Road".

This raises the question: is it correct, because if so vehicles will not spawn on a minor road in a facility unless the minor road is given type=road.

Members who have read this thread: 0