Rising Sun CTD's

Thread: Rising Sun CTD's

Rising Sun CTD's

Rising Sun has been working very well of late, however yesterday it began crashing. I just got a new 20" monitor and CFS3 has never looked so good. I know the monitor has nothing to do with the crashes, but once or twice the games launched in Midway mode and the aircraft was in flight but I can't control it. It's as if it's stuck in a previous flight scenario. I seem to remember deleting usiel. files to fix this, but the only usiel file I see is a Pearl Harbor one and I've yet to fly in Pearl Harbor era yet. Any Ideas?

Found the Wake usiel. file in App Data and deleted it. Back in biz!

SOH-CM-2020
    Yes there are problems with the .bat file which swaps over gsl and uisel files. IIRC trying to get to anywhere from Pearl is problematic. You can do it by hand, finding and selecting the files, which you have done. Congrats!

Since we are on the subject:

For some reason recently my PC abruptly shuts down (powers off) while running RS. I can fly in the Pearl Harbor theater without issue, but if I fly in say Wake Island or any other theater it will just shut off after a few minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had RS crash but if I click on the CFS3 icon on the tool bar I'm right back in the mission. Not a real crash but still annoying.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sounds strange Foo Fighter. Install runs perfect for me and only added a few more aircraft. How often does yours mess up. Could be the cpu or vc getting over worked or heat.

That's what I thought but it only happens in RS in a theater other than Pearl Harbor.

Blog Entries
    Have you defragged your HD lately ? Very strange problem. Never have had such a problem. Hopeful that someone here can help.

Flew Pearl Harbor yesterday and now I can't get past the era splash screen without it crashing. Deleted the Pearl usiel.xml to no avail......should of stayed in Wake and Midway!

Had to install RS on a new PC a couple months ago and it ran OK, but I was restricted to Pearl. After a while I got:

'2pearl_uisel.batch is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file'

I had February 2017 Ankor's shaders installed and just went back to July 2016 because I was having some graphics issues. After installing July 2016, I ran the configuration EXE and now I get a CTD after running the sim. This usually happens after I start QC and as soon as I touch a button on the joystick or command on the keyboard, the screen freezes for about five seconds and then CTD.

Deleted 'uisel' and 'wake.uisel' in the appdata folder but no improvement. There never seemed to be a 'pearl.uisel' either, only the pearl batch file.

Any help would be appreciated!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Yes there are problems with the .bat file which swaps over gsl and uisel files. IIRC trying to get to anywhere from Pearl is problematic. You can do it by hand, finding and selecting the files, which you have done. Congrats!
    IIRC one of the batch files needs to be corrected. It may be the "2pearl_uisel.bat". I will take a look and see if mine is working when next I'm on the CFS3 'puter.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Another issue I'm having is that the FPS drops 10-20 for a split second a few times before the CTD. Almost like a twitch or a hiccup. This may be due to some graphics problem but the batch error message still remains.

Here's what my 2pearl_uisel batch file has in the appdata folder:

@ECHO OFF
    CLS
    IF NOT EXIST sino_uisel.xml GOTO sino_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST wake_uisel.xml GOTO wake_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST midway_uisel.xml GOTO midway_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST png_uisel.xml GOTO png_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST avg_uisel.xml GOTO avg_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST philippines_uisel.xml GOTO philippines_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST pearl_uisel.xml GOTO :SUCCESS

:sino_pearl
    REN uisel.xml sino_uisel.xml
    REN pearl_uisel.xml uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

:wake_pearl
    REN uisel.xml wake_uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

:midway_pearl
    REN uisel.xml midway_uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

ng_pearl
    REN uisel.xml png_uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

:avg_pearl
    REN uisel.xml avg_uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

hilippines_pearl
    REN uisel.xml philippines_uisel.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

:SUCCESS
    CD "E:\Microsoft Games\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun"

Is this correct?

Edit: Apparently the : p characters together form a smiley code

Blog Entries
    Tried every theater numerous times but cannot find a problem with mine. Was your RS installed as instructed ? Know there was some files that had to be changed when installed as the sticky section above instructed. Been so long ago i forgot what i did. Running Win 7 64 bit. RS runs as stable as anything else i have and i have everything and some custom ones too.

Followed the installation instructions to the letter, as well as the W10 instructions. RS ran but I still got the batch error and was restricted to Pearl only. During a switch over to the latest Ankor effect, I ran the CFG.exe and that's when the real probs started.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Foo Fighter ,

Finally found time to look at the RS .bat files.

My RS install is on the D: drive, under a Windows 10 operating environment. For the main Rising Sun Theater Selector.bat, my first entries involving pointing to the AppData pathway go like this:

:SINO
    CD "C:\Users\Playtech\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\C FS3 PTO Rising Sun________"
    CALL 2sino_uisel.bat
    .... etc.

So, moving to the AppData pathway, I am modifying all the .bat files so that they read (the following is only one entry of many, from 2pearl_uisel.bat):

:wake_pearl
    REN uisel.xml wake_uisel.xml
    DEL Missions\_mission.xml
    GOTO SUCCESS

(I have added a line to delete the_mission.xml file). Some people like SixStrings seem to operate RS with no problems, but I was coming up with problems and at least the theaters open up for me if I add the DEL line for all the transformation options.

Then the bat file (for example 2pearl_uisel.bat) ends with

:SUCCESS
    CD "D:\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun"

This ensures that the final command in the Theatre Selector bat in the root install runs cfs3.exe properly.

If all the foregoing variables are consistently applied, my theatre selection and opening seems to run smoothly. There are other bat files in the Global Layer folder and the Spawns folder, but these do not require editing to match your install location as they only modify files within the folder in which they are installed.

If you run into problems I can check your bat files if you like.

There was a RS water graphics memory size issue in the versions of AnKor's shaders prior to the sets that came out in 2017. It would manifest itself as sections not displaying correctly, and eventually the game would lock up. Once it was discovered, AnKor added code to dynamically check for the problem and make the memory allocation larger.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...resting/page20 posts #476-480
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you, gentlemen! I'll have a look at it tonight.

SOH-CM-2020

Thumbs up On-Going Problems

I'm sorry I spoke too soon. (Or "misspoke" as a certain President said recently). Still not getting RS to switch theaters reliably. When I can find the time, I will take a look at the .bat files again.

SOH-CM-2020
    I now have a set of bat files working reliably in my Windows 10 OS environment. Refer other thread.

Members who have read this thread: 1