Boeing S-307B Stratoliner "Clipper Rainbow"

Thread: Boeing S-307B Stratoliner "Clipper Rainbow"

Boeing S-307B Stratoliner "Clipper Rainbow"

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian prop skins

Description: Clipper Rainbow NC19902 SA-307B (c/n 1995) is depicted here in what I'd call an interim paintscheme circa 1942/45. The livery has elements of the earlier PAA 1940 scheme supplied with the JBK Stratoliner and elements that were on the postwar baremetal schemes as well some that I've only seen on this one.

This texture set is for the freeware JBK Boeing 307 Stratoliner in FSX and are in DXT 5 dds format

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Boeing S-307B Stratoliner "Clipper Rainbow"
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Now if could only find the aircraft itself.

Have been looking all over the web, but no luck so far.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I picked up my copy at Avsim. File name: b307_v11.zip Use the word stratoliner for your search. It's also at Flightsim.com, but I'm not sure of the file name there. Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Willy great job, I have ignored this aircraft until now for various reasons but it fits perfectly into the era of aircraft and flight I am interested in. As an aside I was reading a newspaper article , circa 1940, by a former flying boat captain who went on to be BOAC's Stratocruiser guy, but he talks about the future of flight and refers to this ship as being quite an achievement to but used the term Stratospheric Liners for this type of aircraft which was technically quaint.

Thanks for the work. JBK was a genius.

Members who have read this thread: 0