Water at Airport

Thread: Water at Airport

Water at Airport

Hi guys, a week or two ago, I started having problems with water at airports (lakes in between taxiways, Etc.) I some on can help, or has any idea what would cause this, It would be greatly appreciated.

I have a bunch of screenshots so you cans see:

It is very odd. I am thinking it has something to do with the scenery library order, because I installed the ORBX Tasmania demo, and all of the area that the demo covered did not have that problem. It does not happen at all airports, but it seems like about 1/2 of them have this problem.
    If you need to know anything such as computer specs, scenery library order or something, feel free to ask.

Any help is appreciated,
    Ryan

(more airport vicinity screenshots on the reply)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161130195301_1.jpg   20161126181551_1.jpg   20161126181618_1.jpg   20161126181933_1.jpg   20161126182007_1.jpg   20161130193816_1.jpg  

20161130195005_1.jpg   20161130195011_1.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161203105114_1.jpg   20161203105103_1.jpg   20161203105123_1.jpg   20161203110906_1.jpg   20161203110949_1.jpg   20161203112743_1.jpg  

20161203112754_1.jpg  

I have seen this before, simply put your FXS DVD in and do a repair install, I won't affect any flights or added scenery.

Uh-oh, I have Steam edition. I will look around some for a way to repair FSX:SE. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'd guess that the basic scenery has got in the order above the addon local stuff, which should be over the top, as it were. Only a guess, mind.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Start your Steam app, click on Library, right click on Flight Simulator Steam Edition, click on properties, click on the local files tab, then click on verify integrity of local files, this will replace all files that have been modified since you installed FSX SE.
    Doing this will restore FSX SE back to it's stock config, so you will need to add any tweaks and scenery back into sim.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Can you uninstall or deactivate the Orbx demo to see if that makes a difference?

Steam does have a "Verify game cache integrity" function, although it's buried a bit deep:

Games -> games library -> FSX <game><game =="" fsx="">-> right mouse click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache

I've used it for TS2016 and other games. It won't touch third party addons that haven't over-written the default game files
    themselves. But it will return game files to their default configuration including adding any missing game files. So any addons
    that have over written the default game files would need to be reinstalled afterwards,

I would recomend verifying the game cache integrity as a last resort, and it may not help if the cause is a scenery library stacking
    problem from a third party addon.

Thanks - Rob

PS oops, butcherbird is a much faster typer!</game></game>

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    <game><game =="" fsx="">PS oops, butcherbird is a much faster typer!</game></game>
    Don't worry Rob, Friday a week back , I was layed back watching TORA TORA TORA , brother stopped in , .. It was a YEAH! 'Great Movie' it was when we watch the Japanese decoding messages .. we both laughed Click .... Click .... Click .... ..... Click .... don't worry my typing is atrosious and the spelling , almost like Japanese WWII codes.

What I meant when I mentioned the the ORBX demo is that when I add scenery, the problems disappear. Also, after a quick search on google, it looks like my scenery library looks like everyone else's. Default below Add-on scenery. Could someone please list some programs that might be effected by a repair? The problem is pretty bad, so it is okay if there are a few associated problems.

Ryan

Edit:
    Oops. I didnt see the last part in Buthcherbord17's post. When he says that I need to re-add scenery, does that mean I will need to re-download , or re-activate? Also, will it overwrite anything else?
    Last edited by ryapad; December 3rd, 2016 at 17:31. Reason: Oops

If the demo came with FTX Central, all you need to do is rerun that to install it back into sim. Also any other addon scenery you may have had installed before you ran the repair will need to be added back into the library.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

So, when I repair it, it deletes all of the add-on on scenery?

Guys, I've solved a similar problem in the past just by adjusting the scenery resolution to 5m or more. It's better trying that first.

Quote Originally Posted by ryapad View Post
    So, when I repair it, it deletes all of the add-on on scenery?
    It will change the scenery Cfg. , all one has to doing is reactivate it , if it is a FTX installer it may work.

Okay. As soon as I get back to my computer, I will try it. Thanks for the help!

Ryan

I'm having the same problems after adding some Orbix freeware Papua New Guinea. Now all the Solomon islands and parts of Hawaii are messed up. I have FS Genisis World meshes and the Solomon 1943 packages running. I re-installed the orginal terrain.cfg reran FTX central and moved the Orbix files down below those other addons and nothing changed. I deactivated Orbix and Solomon 1943 and put orginal terrain.cfg back in and I got the same results.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

I repaired FSX, and it said I had 639 corrupted files. After I took off a KLAX, I did not see any water on the taxiways, neighborhoods right next to the terminals, Etc. But after I flew around in the PNW demo, I started seeing lake on mountains and other very weird, new, glitches. At this point, I am considering a reinstall. I have 200 hours already, so do you guys think I might me in for a reinstall anyways, or keep trying other things. I hear a reinstall takes a lot of effort, but at this point I think it is reinstall time.

Ryan

Members who have read this thread: 0