Aerial Fundry F-18 from Sim Market

Thread: Aerial Fundry F-18 from Sim Market

Aerial Fundry F-18 from Sim Market

Back in January 2015 Sim Market gave away free the Aerial Foundry F-18, CF-18 and Blue Angels F-18 Hornets. At the time I was just getting back into the hobby and was overwhelmed with setting up my sims on my current confutor, so all the new planes and scenery I downloaded were set aside for later. Now it's later and I;ve been installing some of those planes and scenery.

Today I tried to install those Hornets and when I started the installer a box popped up and asked for a registration code. The instalation can't be completed without one.

Does anyone know what's up with that? Was the 2015 free gift for real and legitimate? If so, how does one get the installer to work without a registration code?

The downloads didn't say anything about such a code or how to obtain one.

Blog Entries
    Codes are supplied when you obtain the packages from simmarket, check your account for them.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Thanks!

That done it!

I'm not a regular Sim Market customer. Never bought anything there at all, in fact; only went there for the Hornets when I read about the give away here. I forgot all about setting up an account, but fortunately I keep account info text files whenever I make an account anywhere for any purpose, so I was able to find my information and log in.

Charter Member 2011
    Be aware also, that Sim Market have a new DRM system in place.
    If (like me) you run the sim in WIN XP, you cannot activate new products online any more.
    I queried this and they confirmed XP is not supported.

It's almost as if they are saying: you are cast into the Underworld now, see how you go among the pirates!

I have those too, but haven't flown them yet. Whenever I download something in an installer, I'll run the installer to a temp folder and then zip up the output. For the few installers that look for the fs9.exe, there's a trick to that too. First, you'll need to enable viewing extensions for known file types. Hit the Start button and type in Folder Options, then select it from the results. Go to the View tab and make sure the box for "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. Now go to your temp folder and right-click in the white space. Choose New > Text Document. The file will be created with the filename highlighted for renaming, but the extension won't be highlighted. change the entire thing to read fs9.exe and hit the enter button. If you did it right, Windows will fuss at you. Click through that and you'll have a file that will fool the installers without taking up any room on your hard drive.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0