Anyone tried this for fs2004?

Thread: Anyone tried this for fs2004?

Anyone tried this for fs2004?

http://biggles11.wixsite.com/the-natural-world

Looks interesting.

ttfn

Pete

Looks like a definite improvement, the detail is stunning. Wonder what impact it might have on frame rates....?

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Looks wonderful but the 'click here' link appears broken
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Members +
    It's great, with no frame hit at all. It really changed my FS9 for the better

There is no click here link on the site. As it says, drop Howard an email, and he will send you a link. If you have a problem, drop him a mail, or maybe, if he had sent you a link, try another browser.

All the best,
    Robin

SOH-CM-2023
    Ditto, applying his fs9.cfg tweaks has totally rejuvenated my FS9 & have tried adding the couple of entries in FSX. My FS9 is now all sliders max (except traffic) & am getting 75 fps+ mostly. FSX improved to about 35 fps. Not d'led the addon yet.
    Keith

Members +
    Kieth,
    Try the add-on, you will not be sorry. Make backups, jsut in case you do not like it.

Cheers,
    Robin

Thanks Robin for the clarification. So I emailed the author asking for a copy and received a considerate reply. So if I understand the situation correctly he, or his software, is fairly overwhelmed with requests. He asks for patience in processing them and I for one am happy to wait. I owe a lot to everyone who passionately devotes their time for the enjoyment of all and time is the least I can offer in return.

Members +
    Yup, give Howard a day or 2. I really support our freeware developers, most, if not all, do this on a very part-time basis, so, please be patient. It's worth the wait. (Read everything when you get it! :-)

SOH-CM-2022
    Also, if you haven't received your link check your spam box.

My emails from him were sitting in my spam folder.

Gavin

Disappointed on this one

I tried this add-on based on a forum post (not this one). After installation, my fs9 looked nothing like the photos shown on the maker's web page. It wasn't long before I removed it. My experience with some of these add-ons is that they often are layered onto set-ups that utilize other resources such as payware meshes, cloud textures, etc. that make the screen-shots look fantastic. If some of these enhancements, particularly free ones, were as good as they are touted to be, wouldn't they have very broad acceptance in the fs9 community by now? With the amount of effort it takes to get a good fs9 setup established, I am now very cautious about any changes that are not supported by the experience of many other users.

I found some good and not so good. The additional color/texture gradients seem to improve the overall look in my eye. However, since I had GE and had cobbled together my own water textures that I like, certain Howard addons actually looked worse to me so were excised out. What really appealed to me was improved desert textures however I saw no change and reverted back to those from wood_desert_tex.zip file. A new email from Howard explains that particular aspect and why there seemed to be no change. Apparently absorbed in related work he apparently overlooked the 'arid' texture improvements included in the bundle and promises to address that oversight in the coming year. I'ts also worth mentioning that he has been dealing with eyesight problems affecting his skills and presumably life in general so I know we all send him good wishes. Patience is a virtue.

Members who have read this thread: 0