Junkers Ju 188 / 388 High performance bombers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junkers Ju 188 / 388 High performance bombers

Junkers Ju 188 / 388 High performance bombers

Hi there i´m not sure if these planes were ever made as free add-ons for the game?

All the best

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    The Ju-388 night fighter can be found here http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline...luftwaffe.html Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    The Ju-388 night fighter can be found here http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline...luftwaffe.html Hope this helps.
    Thanks! CheerS

what an ugly duck, this junkers
    dislike the canopy shape, even if it is a better view from cpit. I like the b-29 like ones... how about a decent ju 287 v-1, would be interrest?

Blog Entries
    Here is a Ju EF-132 that looks neat also https://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-13183.html both of these bombers would go good against the P-80 or Meteor .

I still found the Ju388 fantastic . Regarding the 287 v1 it would be very suited to build what it german bombing mossins. It´s in fact a pretty awsome design by the flight model would be challenge to do. As for more realistic missions i enjoy the Arado 234v6 and use these old one http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&page=11&pp=20 just as mission target.

I think you know me a bit already, so just did some kind of initial 3d work on the Ju 287 yesterday. out of pure fun. inaccurate canopy frame sofar and again a low poly, no textures.
    will try to adapt the cfs3 Ju 287 hybrid model pyhsics from the library.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_10_31_16_51_24.jpg   enb2016_10_31_16_52_5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    I think you know me a bit already, so just did some kind of initial 3d work on the Ju 287 yesterday. out of pure fun. inaccurate canopy frame sofar and again a low poly, no textures.
    will try to adapt the cfs3 Ju 287 hybrid model pyhsics from the library.
    Yes i´m not suprised .... even being low poly looks very good. Wow it would be great to fly one of these things - i mean a playable one complete with cockpit and skin textures.
    But we can´t complain - as there are already so many planes out there.

Fantastic, never thought I'd see anything like this anywhere near CFS3, but there it is!

Those wheel spats are just plain ugly!

Just a thought, but wouldn't the He 177 pit we have fit this as a stand in?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

it would be great to fly one of these things - i mean a playable one complete with cockpit and skin textures.
    textures shouldnt be any bigger problem at all

Just a thought, but wouldn't the He 177 pit we have fit this as a stand in?
    oh, yes... nice idea the ju 287 monography says the V1 was a hybrid collected from various available airplane parts (He 177 fuselage base + Ju 388 tail group + Ju 352 main wheels + captured B24 nose wheels) infact

I may offer various such quickly made airplanes designed to be CFS3 AI airplanes at least, but except a decent visual part it all freezes on the current flight model. anyway such stuff can be available for download at the http://simhangar.nolimit.cz.

shame the Ju 287 V1 was just a prototype. a weak speed, no payload, no ammo. the later versions are fine, but not so much sexy looking planes to me.

found on YT, another german heavy bomber, cgi animation:

Blog Entries
    Here's a Ju-188 3d model for free at: http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-10499.html Would be neat for the future.

hmm, totally forgot I didnt deleted the quick made Ju 287 model yet - so, this how it would look at CFS3 menu
    maybe could deserve bit more attention in future, as AI airpplane at least
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_1_28_15_40_26.jpg   enb2017_1_28_15_40_28.jpg   enb2017_1_28_15_40_31.jpg  

You have to make this happen Borek, will be ugliest aircraft in CFS3, but one of the most interesting?
    Your bringing some great models into CFS3, hope there's a lot more to come?
    John

Keep it coming!

thank you
    yeah, I think so, the Ju 287 isnt any beauty, still I find it as very interestingly shaped bird
    on the other side except this the V1 type barely could give to CFS3 players something special, I suppose, so I am not hurry with this and this add-on is even not mentioned at my site (In Works section).

well, I have a rich list of various airplanes what I would make one day for CFS3, but needs to still stay firmly on the ground... I mean only a few work in progress projects is acceptable to work on together
    currently four add-ons are released, four still are wip.

from my currently announced add-ons I personally think a lot of fun could give to (some) players the VTOL/STOL flying propeller / jet powered flying disc, the mysterious BMW Flugerlrad I. with FOO FIGHTERs support we managed to make relatively easy maneuverable aircraft, able to hover over the terrain with a very very small speed and if needed, able to quickly change its altitude up or down, and/or speed up to 650 km/h. its just acts like a chopper/autogyro and opens a new possbility of combat action.

anyway, all the progress on my projects, I mean its current pirority status, is partly guided by a public interest.

Borek, if you like the B29, why don't you go for the ME-264!?! Has the same type of look as a B29 in the front.

Blog Entries
    A Me-264 would be great. Still liking the Amerika Bomber though. We got to have something for our P-80's to fight against .

The Me 264 was the original Amerika Bomber.

hmm, you would wonder how close I was starting to model the Me 264, guys... its my favorite german ww2 propeller bomber, right because it looks close to the B-29
    if I good remember my small pre-modeling research, this airplane add-on exists for FS9 or CFS2 and for CFS3 I saw some post its made as static object for CFS3 scenery, propably directly by our well known old good airfighter55 not sure of this available for download, but looks excellent.

ah the "Amerika Bomber" term... we just need to take it like a global marking for a whole series of Hitles long range bombers

Check here Borek, something for the future to think about anyway. Thomas Ruth made a payware quality 264 for free for FSX, scroll down to see the pics of it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...312&viewfull=1

yum that FSX Me 264 looks really nice
    still wondering hows the airfighters CFS3 Me 264 destiny...

ok, this is how looks the airfighters static scenery object (Ive used CFS3 m3dview), to check the model.

its nicely made, still no gear holes (bay) and the german cross markings are 3d mesh inmodeled, its not a texture paint
    except uv-mapping / textures it would need some kind of mesh rework, however, it would could serve as a good source for the flyable version.

EDIT: Ive found exact same model at Google Warehouse, uploaded / created by a guy called psychotron 4.
    it just lefts the landing gear and turrets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails me_264_static.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; January 31st, 2017 at 01:19.

ok, guys, I am after a few minutes of modeling tests now. what I did is I took the warehouse model and started to optimize it. soon was sure a much quicker would be to make the model from scratch.

the image bolow presents a small tests. except the windowed nose and the propeller blades the mesh si modeled newly (for now). Ive just took the original model proportions and some vertex points as refernce sources. seems I will bother with the model in future a bit yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails me264_almost_scratch_01.jpg   me264_almost_scratch_02.jpg  

Excellent stuff!
    John

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 0