Greetings, Thanks, and Anouncement

Thread: Greetings, Thanks, and Anouncement

Smile Greetings, Thanks, and Anouncement

Greetings to all here at SOH!

I have been admiring and enjoying your work for some time now. I would like to extend my appreciation, especially to all those who have worked on the many CFS3 expansions; your work is excellent, and greatly appreciated.

Now, I am happy to say, I will shortly be joining the noble ranks of CFS3 add-on developers myself. I am currently working on a new front line spawn set for the ETO Campaigns (spawns and facilities being my specialty). I hope to have it out in a few months. Stay tuned for updates and photos.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Good to have you able to contribute to CFS3. Will be looking forward to it. Thanks

Here are some photos of the facilities I'm working on...

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A_fuel_depot.jpg   A_tank_depot.jpg   B_dug-in_infantry_1.jpg  

That's a really good news, they are more than welcome! I know by experience that building facilities is a long and sometimes really boring task, thanks for your efforts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thanks for the encouragement!

My goal is to create a complete replacement for the stock MS front line facilities, some of which approach the absurd (masses of pillboxes which are moved every day, being a case in point). The facilities were improved in ETO (no more artillery with concrete gun-places, for instance), but I think some of them just need to be replaced. There are also a lot of great add-on buildings (thank you, ACC) that I would like to utilize.

Here are a couple more photos...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G_bunkers.jpg   A_artillery_battallion.jpg  

Are you doing these for each Nations with various vehicles and/or for various eras and theaters? As an exemple, having the British 1940, 1942, 1944, ETO, MAW, PTO...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Blog Entries
    Nice work! Always glad to see new folks modding cfs3 :0). If you add a rotation value to the items in the facility it will add a bit of 'randomness' to them.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Nice work! Always glad to see new folks modding cfs3 :0). If you add a rotation value to the items in the facility it will add a bit of 'randomness' to them.
    Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by "rotation value". I have used picktypes to a certain degree, but often I find there are only one or two vehicles that are historically accurate. I also try to make a couple of variations of each facility (such as open and camouflaged). I am also having some difficulty adding moving vehicles to my facilities. I write the route just like the SDK says, and the vehicles placed on the vertices don't even show up!

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Are you doing these for each Nations with various vehicles and/or for various eras and theaters? As an exemple, having the British 1940, 1942, 1944, ETO, MAW, PTO...
    At this point I am building front line spawns for the ETO allied, and ETO Axis Campaigns. The spawns and facilities are nation specific, and will not require editing of the batch files.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa11ssage.Flyer View Post
    Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by "rotation value". I have used picktypes to a certain degree, but often I find there are only one or two vehicles that are historically accurate. I also try to make a couple of variations of each facility (such as open and camouflaged). I am also having some difficulty adding moving vehicles to my facilities. I write the route just like the SDK says, and the vehicles placed on the vertices don't even show up!

Am I missing something?
    Take a look at other facilities with routes, and how the vehicles are oriented wrt the routes - eg. airfields, factories. Its often quicker to look at examples than try to decipher the SDK.

Just be aware there are some typos with some of the stock airfields where some minor roads will not appear. Otherwise good to copy the syntax.

Incidentally, have you solved the problem of the orientation of the artillery pieces? I find that the axis and US artillery pieces must have been modelled facing 180 degrees different from each other. This makes it difficult using wildcard #enemy for artillery facilities which are not country specific, because one set of artillery (Germany or US) will be facing the wrong way....

HTH

PS I have had some success with armored formations (CAS spawns) using groundtype= direct and the second waypoint "frontline,friendly" - thus the vehicles brave whatever opposition to cross the frontline, sometimes the engagements are quite gripping (and way too distracting for a pilot, LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Incidentally, have you solved the problem of the orientation of the artillery pieces? I find that the axis and US artillery pieces must have been modelled facing 180 degrees different from each other. This makes it difficult using wildcard #enemy for artillery facilities which are not country specific, because one set of artillery (Germany or US) will be facing the wrong way....
    Thanks for the tip!

Yes, I simply create different facilities for each nation. Then I create nation specific spawn files. I have noticed that the same problem is true with pillboxes, which have to be placed backwards. I find it helpful to open CFS3 with -m3dview before placing unknown models.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    PS I have had some success with armored formations (CAS spawns) using groundtype= direct and the second waypoint "frontline,friendly" - thus the vehicles brave whatever opposition to cross the frontline, sometimes the engagements are quite gripping (and way too distracting for a pilot, LOL)
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I am creating a lot of groundformation spawns, to reflect the mobile nature of the war. Are these spawns uploaded on SOH?

Now if only formations would keep moving after they've lost a unit...

Recently gained wisdom:

For anybody who is about to install CFS3 on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine, here is a word of advice: do not, I repeat, do not install in C:\Program Files (x86)! If you do, all files generated in the CFS3 root directory, or moved there by a program (like Mission Builder), will not be stored in the root directory, but in AppData\Local\VirtualStore. This also means that swappers and zappers don't work.
    Other than that, my facility/spawn pack is coming fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0