Error Message when opening FSX

Thread: Error Message when opening FSX

Icon5 Error Message when opening FSX

Today is the first time I installed FSX in Windows 10. Everything went smooth as silk and FSX starts up no problem, Except (I'm learning there's always an except with Win10) when I start FSX I get an error code #1-80004005 something about preventing product activation, it asks if I want more info, I hit no and everything works normal. It's not a show stopper but is irritating, does anyone know how to get rid of it ???????? Oh and before anybody asks it's "Flight Simulator X Gold Edition with Acceleration.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I had the same problem when I installed FSX on my new PC with Windows 10, so I think this solution may be the answer to the problem that you're having....I found it on the web after googling about the error code. So have copied it and pasted it here. In my case it was partmgr. It was already there, but in lower case letters, which was why I had this problem. This was supposed to look like PartMgr. I just changed two lower case letters to capital letters so that it should read PartMgr and it all worked.
    Hopefully this might solve the problem for you.

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
    E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
    5. Close Registry Editor
    6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Edit; You do need to have Acceleration to enable features in fsx models that need them to run properly.

Mark

I had a similar problem which was caused by "netlogin" being stopped in SERVICES. Changed it to automatic and solved for me

Thanks Guys

Mark "Hit the Nail right on the Head" those 2 little small case letters who'd a thought.

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Great!
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0