LW_P-40 b pilot...

Thread: LW_P-40 b pilot...

LW_P-40 b pilot...

I know that the LW P-40 is not readily available , but I have found it on a old thumb-drive and in setting up Talons'(RIP) CIB it is called for. Now the problem that I have is that it appears to have no pilot figure!! Spooky, like watching a drome ,with AI, running around!!
    Has anyone ever put a pilot in the drivers seat? Have all the available figures loaded but it appears that there is no call for it. I did notice, however, that in the .dp the pilot is called as p40_pilot. Anyone know of such a figure?

Fibber,
    Try these. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is what you need.
    Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Fibber,
    Just searched through my files and found no pilot or seat texture. Unless I've gone around the bend, which is always possible. Here's a shot of the aircraft. Seems to work.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-40B Welch 160.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Fibber

I think I have what you want. It's a zip named P-40B_dp and contains the P40_pilot.bgl file and the P-40B DP file.
    Strangely I find it is in Lindsay's "P-51B - L WATTS" AC file. I'd be happy to email it to you if you will PM me with your address. As I recall when he was still active Lindsay disassociated himself with SOH and requested that all his stuff be removed from this sight. Haven't heard any word on him for years and presume he no longer has any interest in these files, still my understanding at the time was that he was adamant his stuff not be uploaded here. It's a pretty good pilot figure and I use it periodically to substitute for the Stock MS pilot.

Bub, worthless...

. Bub , will try the file you sent. The plane appears great just no driver in the seat!

Worthess.. PM sent.

Ok fibber.....check your email.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

pilot

Fibber

I didn't like the pilot in Thorson's p-40B conversion. I altered the textures (both Pearl Harbor and AVG) and replaced the pilot with Lindsey's Pilot. In fact, I made a zip file of the Pearl Harbor textures which will work in the AVG ones. Send me your e-mail and I will send them to you.

Braveheart (Mack)

Thanks all.....

a belated thanks to all of you guys. Now I at least have a driver in the seat. Doesn't look as spooky now.

Members who have read this thread: 0