AC500S Bob Hoover prop control lever

Thread: AC500S Bob Hoover prop control lever

AC500S Bob Hoover prop control lever

As Robert A. Hoover pass this morning, I wanted to fly its AC500 for my personnal tribute to this great pilot.

So, as I fly only in VC, I noticed that in pulling the propeller control 1, the propellor control 2 moved also, but only the prop 1 feathered. Same problem with the mixture control.

To feather the prop 2, I have to do it by the 2D panel and when flying aerobatics, it is not easy...

My AC500 is out of date ? There is a patch or an update somewhere ? I have to download another version ?

Rob Hoover has passed!?! How sad, I read his book "Forever Flying" a few years ago and was enthralled by it. I might have another read of it in his honour, may he R.I.P.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post
    As Robert A. Hoover pass this morning, I wanted to fly its AC500 for my personnal tribute to this great pilot.

So, as I fly only in VC, I noticed that in pulling the propeller control 1, the propellor control 2 moved also, but only the prop 1 feathered. Same problem with the mixture control.

To feather the prop 2, I have to do it by the 2D panel and when flying aerobatics, it is not easy...

My AC500 is out of date ? There is a patch or an update somewhere ? I have to download another version ?
    Sir, this model was done by Paul Saunders back in 2004 who was on my team for this project only. I do not have his gmax source to this model so I cannot address the issue.

My apologies.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Sir, this model was done by Paul Saunders back in 2004 who was on my team for this project only. I do not have his gmax source to this model so I cannot address the issue.

My apologies.
    Thanks for the answer, Milton !

what a pity this can be corrected !

Yes, Bob is now missing ! But, when I think about his life, dying as a very old man is also an achievement !

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."

Well, except for Bob Hoover...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Would Rob Barendregts 'Selection Correction' gauge not fix this (at Avsim), or FSUIPC advanced settings; just a thought.

ttfn

Pete

I doubt it. If the 2D works correctly, then you're looking at a problem with animation assignments in the 3D code. Without the original source, you're stuck.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0