A utility to check installs?

Thread: A utility to check installs?

A utility to check installs?

I seem to remember there was a utility somewhere which would check your CFS3 install to make sure each aircraft had the right guns and pylons etc installed, but I can't find it. Needless to say, there's an aircraft spawning which clearly doesn't have all its bits, and it's causing a nuisance.

If such a utility does not exist, is there anybody who might feel up to making one? Perhaps something simple where you click on the folder of the aircraft concerned, and it reads the xdp and checks the pylons and guns folders...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I think what you are looking for is the campaign generator tool.
    You have mail !

SOH-CM-2020
    Yes its CaGen1-2.xls. You need software that can read excel spreadsheets and you need to enable macros for it to work. It is very good for quickly running over aircraft/vehicles/ships and picking up inconsistencies such as odd entered service dates, odd nationalities, and the weapon and pylon check for aircraft is invaluable.

Thanks Daniel! Got it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Where? Not on Google search?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

The file used to be in the library here on SOH. If it's not still there, could someone please upload it?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    Version 1-2 is the latest. I will upload later if no-one else beats me to it!

PS I couldn't find it in the library in the usual spots.

SOH-CM-2020
    Have just uploaded campaign generator (CaGen1-2.xls) to CFS3 Other - Utilities

Thank you!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Likewise!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 0