Brisbane

Thread: Brisbane

Brisbane

I've been hanging around this great city for the past week. They have a museum, the Queensland Maritime Museum. In it, among other cool things, is the HMAS Diamontina (K377), a WW-II frigate of the River class. Took a few kodaks: Note that the ship is out of water. Couple good things about this method of displaying a museum ship. 1) it's cool because you can go under it and shoot the screws and rudder, and 2), it won't rust out and sink like the USS Texas (BB-35)...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Icon14

Paul, great to see you are having some fun in Brisbin.

Last day in Australia. Visited the RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Center (I mean, Centre). Lots of cool planes to take pics of. Here the Porter:

HP Reverb G2

I was stationed several times at RAAF Amberley in a previous life.
    Best posting in the Air Force at the time, especially the social side.
    There were a couple of Canberra B20 Station Hacks that spent most of their flying time bringing all manner of delicacies from all over the country for various social activities!
    And of course, we were out and about when the 'Borrowed Phantoms' were on station (should have kept them!) and later when the first of the long overdue 'Aardvarks' began to arrive.
    With Brisbane and the Gold Coast only a few hours away I had some 'interesting' weekends off.

A PS: Wearing 'Greens' instead of 'Blues' kept us segregated as our purpose at Amberley was looked upon as 'Spooky'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This has been a fun trip, and my second now to Amberley. Too bad there's so much work to do and not enough time to be a tourist! The RAAF folks here, as usual, have been great.

Here's a couple pics of the F-86 at the museum. Note the tear in the intake, and read the plaque they placed inside the intake...

HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The Aussie people are great. When I was in Bendigo some friends took us to the ANZAC club (roughly equivalent to our VFW). When the manager found out I was a Vietnam Nam vet he "shouted" (treated) us to dinner. A first class country is Australia (but rather expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    ...Here's a couple pics of the F-86 at the museum. Note the tear in the intake, and read the plaque they placed inside the intake...
    Yikes!! Someone was lucky to still have knees!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0