Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac V2.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac V2.0

Thomas, thanks so much for version 2.0 ! Mike

Herzlichen Dank aus Wien Thomas

LG

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    kiki, my wife also hates the Soloy Mark 1. But this another story.

It will be a Cessna T206H Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 2

Thomas
    Thomas, you can tell her that you are now famous.
    Known in a bunch of countries. Germany, Italy, Austria, Spain, United States, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, New Zealand, Poland, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Portugal...

A Mark 2? Fantastic!

Hello all,

I'm loving the Soloy Mk1 and have been flying the wings off it since it's release. Thank you TiAr for such a generous gift!

I have an anomaly in the VC of most (if not all) of the versions, except for the regular wheeled skydiver. There are black blocks that appear on the ceiling of the cockpit, as shown in the attached. The anomalies seem to "move" as they are viewed, almost as if they are some sort of an effect that is missing its texture. I've not seen this mentioned by anyone else, so perhaps it's specific to my system. I will note that I am running boxed FSX without Acceleration using DX10 with Steve's fixer. The anomalies appeared in the original release and the Ver 2.0 release.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how to address? If not, I can certainly live with them . . . they are mostly out of view when flying. Thanks in advance for any advice, and thank you again, TiAr for making this available to us all!

Best regards,
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soloy VC2.jpg   Soloy VC1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    Hello all,
    FSX without Acceleration using DX10 with Steve's fixer.
    Perhaps its a this.
    No any problem like this in FSX:A and P3Dv3.4.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi Michael, some users have this problem with DX10 preview (and the fixer) and older FSX versions. I am using FSXA and SDK to be prepaired P3D. It looks like a problem with vclighting. VC cabin lights are not modelled. I am using only effect for this. Sorry I have no idea to fix it, because in models I did nothing like that.

I am not seeing the aft wheels in the amphibian version. Forward wheels are fine.

Any thoughts?

Tom

Hi Michael, some users have this problem with DX10 preview (and the fixer) and older FSX versions. I am using FSXA and SDK to be prepaired P3D. It looks like a problem with vclighting. VC cabin lights are not modelled. I am using only effect for this. Sorry I have no idea to fix it, because in models I did nothing like that.
    That's interesting, because the black squares only became visible with V 2.0. So something changed in the latest version. (Running FSXA and DX10 fixer)

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    That's interesting, because the black squares only became visible with V 2.0. So something changed in the latest version. (Running FSXA and DX10 fixer)

-d
    No, one german user reported exactly this issue in V1. Are the black boxes visible without cabin lights (L-key)? Do you have it in all versions? How many boxes you have with floats (asking because I changed the whees to high poli)

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I am not seeing the aft wheels in the amphibian version. Forward wheels are fine.

Any thoughts?

Tom
    No, nobody reported this yet at the moment 10.000 users. Which model (there are two diffent models with floats)? Which version (V1 or V2)? Which simulator. Did you change something in aircraft.cfg?

Thomas

No, nobody reported this yet at the moment 10.000 users. Which model (there are two diffent models with floats)? Which version (V1 or V2)? Which simulator. Did you change something in aircraft.cfg?

Thomas
    Model is V2 and never had V1, basic FSX. and I have not touched the aircraft.cfg. I just selected the first model with floats. The wheels are obviously there as it is not dragging on the floats. The rear set is just not visible.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

thank you for informations. I am quite sure you have to install SP1 and SP2 that animations of models are working correctly. Sorry.

Thomas

Hi Tom,

thank you for informations. I am quite sure you have to install SP1 and SP2 that animations of models are working correctly. Sorry.

Thomas
    I Have FSX SP1 and SP2 already installed if that is what you are referring to.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thomas
    I just ran a check loading each plane with floats and none of them have the aft gear. The interesting thing is when you first load the plane in FSX the opening screen shows the plane rotating and it has all of the wheels.

Tom

Hi Thomas,

i had also black squarres in V1 also in V2.
    i also use FSX Acceleration with DX10 and Steve's fixer.
    i could resolve the problem with ModelConverter X.
    Just load the Model in MCX and saved as FSX MDL object
    and the squarres are gone.
    Thank so much for this amazing gem , Thomas !!

regards
    Bluebear

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Hi Thomas,

i had also black squarres in V1 also in V2.
    i also use FSX Acceleration with DX10 and Steve's fixer.
    i could resolve the problem with ModelConverter X.
    Just load the Model in MCX and saved as FSX MDL object
    and the squarres are gone.
    Thank so much for this amazing gem , Thomas !!

regards
    Bluebear
    This is really weird. What does the fixer do? But thank you for information.

Thomas

TiAr,

Thanks much for your reply. Mystery solved. I may take a look at the possible MCX option suggested above . . . but for me, the issue does not detract from the model and your achievement in building it in any way!

Regards,
    Michael

the fixer convert textures to Dx10,
    but i think. thats what you know.
    with the MCX tool , you can portover to natives formats,
    like FSX native, thats what i tried.
    perhaps you have exported the model to P3D native and
    some textured could not showed correctly in FSX DX10 .
    easy doing, you must only load the models in MCX and
    exported in FSX native format.
    If you wish, i can do it for you, no big thing.

regards

Bluebear

No, one german user reported exactly this issue in V1. Are the black boxes visible without cabin lights (L-key)? Do you have it in all versions? How many boxes you have with floats (asking because I changed the whees to high poli)

Thomas
    1 box, centered, all exterior views. 3 boxes on top of each other over the compass - any interior view, any model, floats, no floats. I thought maybe it was my graphics card at first. The new tires look great.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Stopping control gained with the reverse mode however, turning radius is near to none or non- existant. Water rudders don't seem to have enough or any defection...any ideas

I have really no idea for a better stopping control on water without thrust. (it stops on my starting situation after a short time fully without brakes or other tricks). If you donīt like the defection of water rudders, you can change it by yourself in aircraft.cfg. The turning radios depends of 3rd party addons. I respect the work of the authors. Anyway, there will be no changes on it. Sorry.

Thomas

Regarding the black squares in cockpit issue (I also have it), I've tried to use ModelConverterX to update the model to FSX as Bluebear suggested, but I just get import amd export errors.
    Will Bluebear's fix be reflected in a subsequent release?
    Thank you,
    Dave.

Just to add my two bits, I am using FSX A with Steve's DX10 fixer and have no issues with any of the models

Absolutely love this plane!!!

Cheers
    Greg Z

I have had a second look to the interior.mdl
    and found there a little bug with the vclight.
    the CFGLight has no Visibility Condition.
    It must be set to light_cabin_vis .
    that's what it was.
    I hope I could help

Bluebear

Members who have read this thread: 0