Peleliu Island 1944
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peleliu Island 1944

Peleliu Island 1944

Just endet the Green Island scenery and now step on to the next island in Pacific theatre in World War II.

The battle for Peleliu has just ended an US forces are bilding up the japanese airfield to a much bigger on for their own use. This airfield was part of the Pillipine operation.

First steps on my side was a redoing of landclasses and waterclasses on Peleliu and sorounding Islands. First steps are done and just startet to build up the airbase. Just will show the first shot of what FSX shows up on its own .... and what it looks know.

Before starting to build the island (so it is in FSX)

and now the first steps of redoing are done...

Will be a long way to go.

Greetings
    Klaus

Just a step forword .... the big island of Palau and many of the little islands sorrounding (nearly 100) are done. All landclasses in this aerea are changed. In the next step there are many islands between Palau and Peleliu to do.

Greetings
    Klaus

Very Pretty

Coming along much faster than i thought, i could now decide to do much more than only the Island of Peleliu.

Just finished the complete groups of islands around Palau. All islands ready, all landclasses ready (just some beaches to draw). The island group will have 2 big US-airbases (Peleliu and Angaur), one smaler airstrip on Palau and the unfinished japanese airbase on Negesebus Island. This one never was finished... so it will show up as ist was when US forces come to the island. There also will be some water airports (so you can use the Catalina or you can go by boat to look all the islands (nearly 200 in this area). The area that is build up covers nearly 90 miles x 30 miles.

All this is covered :

Just a little look to what it is just now...

US Airbase Angaur (Home of the 494th Bombardement Group with their B-24).

Barracks on Angaur Island

Clearly there will by a big ai traffic from all airbases.

Hope i will hold my speed at this level

Greetings
    Klaus

All of your work looks terrific, Klaus.

Are you making it FSX@War compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    All of your work looks terrific, Klaus.

Are you making it FSX@War compatible?
    Thanks.... just will have a look at this one. I know it but never worked with it. Just will see.....

Greetings
    Klaus

Just some pictures from progress. Angaur Airbase as it is now. think nearly ready. Did the first paints for the 864th Bombardment Squadron of the 494th Bombardment Group that was on this airbase in WW II. Just had spend a lot of time for the ACG MAIW ai-model of the B24. Could not bring it to wrk with my repaints. So i found another model, did the repaints again for this one.... and now it works.

Angaur Airbase fron air

and some shots from the ground .... depot.

The baraks on airfield

Working near the runway.....

And at least.... the repaits for the 864Th Bombardment Squadron.... the other 3 squadrons will follow soon.

Greetings
    Klaus

the repaits for the 865Th Bombardment Squadron are ready too....

And here is a B-24 from 864Th Bombardment Squadron in flight...

Greetings
    Klaus

Some new pictures ... this time it`s Peleliu Airbase as it is till now.

Headquater, hospital and barraks

Picking up a corsair that crashed....

and for my first time .... AI-traffic with P-38 ... (no repaints till now)

Thats for today

Greetings
    Klaus

Some new shots from US Airbase Peleliu as it is now (weekend with some things done)

As you can see... there is a little progress and ai-traffic is groing up

First individual paintings for P-38 done.

And just the beginning of work on the unfinished japanese airbase on Negesebus Island

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post

Just awesome work Klaus. Really impressive designing and so quick.

What are those large 4 wheel vehicles seen in the images above? I have never seen anything like them before.

Cheers,

Boy, this looks really nice, and I'm looking forward to flying in and out of these bases. My late father-in-law was a Navy Seabee who helped build lots of runways in the S. Pacific, including Iwo.

This are grader like US-Seabees did use in pacific.

Some picture`s :

Very nice models Marc did with his Solomons scenery.

Greetings
    Klaus

Ah! Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

nice work
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Last set of shots before it comes up tomorrow (Sunday).... its ready. Just doing the readme and the zip-file.

Ready for use ;-)

3 aktiv airbases, 2 big fleet battle groups (one us...one jap.), a big ai air traffic, many other ai-ships and about 200 islands to discover.

Greetings
    Klaus

That looks amazing! Now if I can get my new joysticks working, I may be able to check it out before I move everything over to my new PC.

Looking great , Its time to pull your Pacific maps out , some maybe just an Atlas, looking superb Klaus

Looks fantastic! Thank you for all of your effort!

Upload is done....

Greatings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 0