Bought New Laptop After One Month Of Searching For Perfect 1

Thread: Bought New Laptop After One Month Of Searching For Perfect 1

Bought New Laptop After One Month Of Searching For Perfect 1

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I have not been flying on FSX for almost a month because my current 4 or 5 year old laptop's FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 is no longer working due to some stupid D3D11.DLL error and there is something screwed up in Windows 7 in my four or five year old laptop which is working fine and very fast in all other softwares. FSX and IE are the only things that are not working in my laptop that passed all scan tests and diagnostic tests with flying colors meaning that there is something wrong with some Windows files that prevent FSX and IE from operating. Thank God for Firefox and Chrome!! There is nothing wrong with my old laptop that is in mint condition doing superb job in all aspects of computing operations and all softwares in blazing speed manner with excellent low memory usage thanks to plenty 16 GB ram.

I bought new computer. It is 2.6-3.5 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Skylake sixth generation, 16GB ram, 6 GB dedicated Nivida GT1080 video ram, 1 TB hard drive at 7,200 rpm, 260 GB SSD hard drive, internal DVD drive, and 15.6 inch screen. Will take me quite time to install FSX and all add-ons!!

So I will spend next 2 or 3 weeks modifying my new laptop to meet my specific needs and then re-installing all application softwares such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, etc etc etc. And then re-installing FSX with SP1 and SP2, Squawkbox 4, fruip (spelling), FSCARS, freeware add-ons, and payware add-ons.

So the timetable for returning to active duty of FSX flying is probably in 2 or 3 weeks depending how fast I can work on getting my new laptop ready with all modifications and installations which can be headache for me.

Installing Norton Internet Security
    Installing Firefox
    Installing Paint Shop Photo Professional X4 Ultimate
    Installing Photoshop CS 5.1
    Installing Jpegcrops
    Installing Image Resizer 4
    Installing WinRAR
    Installing Microsoft Office Professional
    Installing FSX
    Installing SP1 and SP2
    Installing BluePrint Stimulation KIAD and TJSJ sceneries
    Installing FlyTampa TNCM (could be problem as I lost installation serial code)
    Installing FlyTampa CYUL Montreal
    Installing FlyTampa KTPA Tampa
    Installing France VFR Antilles Collection (could be problem as I lost insallation serial code)
    Installing FSCARS
    Installing Sqwkbox 4.0
    Installing FSCIPP
    Next step is installing 50 GB worth of freeware add-on planes by POSKY, Overland, IDGF, Project Airbus, Vistaliners, Project Fokker, Skyspirit 2010, Skyspirit 2011, Skyspirit 2012, and many freeware aircraft companies including CalClassics propeller ones by Jahn
    Installing Tropical Sims MVPB, TNCC, TNCA, TNCB, and few Caribbean airport sceneries
    Installing SimGiants Gran Canania
    Installing UK2000's Edinburgh Ulitimate, London City X Ultimate, and Heathrow X Ultimate
    Installing Sunjet KPHL Philadelphia
    Installing CYQB Quebec City
    Installing CYVJ Victoria
    Installing World of AI and many airline packages
    Installing all freeware airports in my native country Israel
    Installing Captain Sims 727-100/200/200F, 757-200, 757-300, 757-200F, and all versions of C-130
    Installing Caribbean Sea Planes and Caribbean Sea Planes West
    Installing many many many freeware airport sceneries.
    Installing Aerosoft Maldives X, Gibraltar X and Anchorage X sceneries
    Installing all Taxi2Gate Caribbean airports and KMCO sceneries
    Installing Drzewiecki Design KLGA scenery
    Installing Latin VFR KSAN Diego airport, KMIA Miami airport, TTPP, TTCP, and MKJS sceneries
    Installing Vitaria C-17 Globemaster and Vulcan bomber
    Installing Area51 C-5 Galaxy
    Installing some PacSim payware airport sceneries

Plan to buy:

Aerosoft Fairbanks X, Aerosoft Olso X, Aerosoft Helsinki airports (maybe LLBG scenery if system requirements are reasonable)
    Taxi2gate KSEA Seattle airport
    Oxyb PAJN Juneau and PAKT Ketchian airports

Too much work for me!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Just curious...you seem to have a lot of software...why haven't you ever upgraded to FSX Gold with acceleration? Or P3D? Your experience would be vastly improved with the addons available to take advantage of the additional features.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    why haven't you ever upgraded to FSX Gold with acceleration? Or P3D? .
    Yes I do plan to install P3D on my new laptop but FSX Gold With Acceleration is out of question because people complain about rudder problem. I am very happy with FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Regards,

Aharon

WD Elements back up 1TB pocket size drive is AWESOME. It averages 45 seconds per 1 GB of transfer of files from old laptop to this backup drive so that I can put into new laptop.

Look at 75 GB worth of add on planes WHOA I am afraid to find out how much GB worth for airport sceneries needed to be transferred!!

God help me!!

Regards,

Aharon

The LAST thing I'd ever do is install NIS ....and I mean last....AFTER dying....
    Any [almost all] Commercial AV proggies are better.

Jafo I never have problems with Norton Anti Virus

Two days after the purchase of my new laptop, I finally opened the package and unpacked the laptop, plugging it into A/C, and turned it on only to experience most bizarre thing I have seen in computing world!!!

In past years, whenever I bought new laptops or computers for myself or for my mom or for offices for my bosses, I always completed registrations of new computers or new laptops by two methods: old fashioned snail mailing of registration paperwork by post office which was common years ago or online registration of new items which is common in present day.

However, this time regarding my new laptop during online registration, the registration process demanded photocopy of store receipt for proof of purchase of new laptop!!! FIRST TIME in my life I ever seen registration process of new computing item that requires photocopy of store receipt as proof of purchase!!

WOW WOW WOW

Members who have read this thread: 0