Working on radar Ted and Daniel

Thread: Working on radar Ted and Daniel

Working on radar Ted and Daniel

This is from an e boat I have. Could it be adapted and range increased for a ground radar (acting as an aircraft)? The other issue of course is altitude!

Last edited by mongoose; September 28th, 2016 at 15:18. Reason: addition

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looks slick James. I wish we could get an altitude reading somehow. That's what's killing our radar experience.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Would be a great step in CFS3 ! Very important for night fighting realism .

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

target cone

It would be nice to understand how the targeting cone works as this gives us azimuth and altitude. I wonder if in the dlls there is a way to modify the parameters.

Yes it would. I have used it when on NJ missions in conjunction with the TAC/radar but better on a screen somehow. For both that and TAC I wish we could increase distance though. 8 miles or 13 Km is not enough! Who's good at messing with dlls? Are they susceptible to change?

As an interim solution, what if a new target cone m3d was made with a shape that showed only altitude information, like a sphere with a horizontal line around it? It would look more or less the same as it pointed left or right, but you would be able to tell clearly weather it was pointing up or down.

Sounds interesting!

The only issue with using a reshaped target cone indicator is that it turns off when the target is in your near field of view. It does make the point that the game knows the relative altitude of the target, so the information would be available to code some sort of indicator if we knew where to look.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    It would be nice to understand how the targeting cone works as this gives us azimuth and altitude. I wonder if in the dlls there is a way to modify the parameters.

Not knowing anything about dlls I looked up some tools fro examining dlls, Just a question of being brave and using them I suppose. Not that I have yet.

Here are a few tools for viewing function information within a DLL:

dumpbin.exe comes with Visual Studio and lets you view header information for DLLs... dumpbin.exe /EXPORTS dll_name.dll

A few other tools that I've heard of that may be easier to use (but haven't used personally):
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dll_export_viewer.html
    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0