Global Layer tools.

Thread: Global Layer tools.

Blog Entries

Global Layer tools.

Has anyone had problems creating a new GSL.lib file from the global_layer.csv in windows 10?

I've been trying alter the altitude of a facilty in the global layer, the .csv file shows the change and the gsl tool appears to be working ok but there's no difference in cfs3.

I may have to resurrect my old XP pc.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Haven't checked myself yet but I keep my old XP PC nearby so I can do stuff and port over to the win10 one.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Has anyone had problems creating a new GSL.lib file from the global_layer.csv in windows 10?

I've been trying alter the altitude of a facilty in the global layer, the .csv file shows the change and the gsl tool appears to be working ok but there's no difference in cfs3.

I may have to resurrect my old XP pc.
    Hi Clive, IIRC there is a "lock Alt" column too? If you haven't tried it already, try lock Alt = yes once you have specified an altitude for your facility.

HTH
    David

Blog Entries
    Hi David,

Thanks but it's not that, this is something to do with either W10 or the portable version of Excell that I'm using. It's as if you can see the changes but they're not 'really there'. I'll dig out the XP machine and use that, far less headaches!

Cheers,

Clive

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd be clever and try Martin Wrights excellent little SceneDB proggy to get around this but that doesn't seem to work in W10 either!

Anyone else tried it?

I seem to spend what precious little home PC time that I get sorting out problems and not actually achieving anything in CFS3! Grrrrr.

I hate Windows 10!!!

Two things occur, Clive:

1. Have you enabled .NET 2.0 support? It's there in Win 10 but you have to switch it on before it'll work.
    2. Where are your .csv files etc before running the gsl tool? If they're in any sub-folder of Program Files or Program Files (x86) you'll have permissions problems. The easiest way around this is to work outwith the Program Files area.

The permissions business isn't always obvious, but it's been a growing feature of Windows since 7 and seems increasingly robust in 10. At least we can still alter files for now, but "security concerns" might mean that gets blocked too!! Resistance is futile...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Where are your .csv files etc before running the gsl tool? If they're in any sub-folder of Program Files or Program Files (x86) you'll have permissions problems
    Ah, that was the key! The Scenedb tool runs from within the CFS3 directory. I've moved the whole kaboodle onto the desktop and it now works fine.

I'm back in business! Thanks for the tip Tom

ps. I haven't looked at Net 2.0. I'm presuming all is well as the mos editor is working ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Ah, that was the key! The Scenedb tool runs from within the CFS3 directory. I've moved the whole kaboodle onto the desktop and it now works fine.

I'm back in business! Thanks for the tip Tom

ps. I haven't looked at Net 2.0. I'm presuming all is well as the mos editor is working ok.

Good to hear! And if the .MOS Editor is working then .NET 2.0 support has been enabled. :-)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0