BoB Update for CFS3

Thread: BoB Update for CFS3

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

BoB Update for CFS3

Been a while since i've heard anything on the update for Pat's BoB. Any news yet ?

Blog Entries
    Been a while since i've heard anything on the update for Pat's BoB. Any news yet ?
    Been a while since I did any work on it! Holidays, RL and a lack of enthusiasm have held things up. I can only say sometime this year, hopefully. :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the work you have done for us to enjoy. Looking forward to the update for the BoB and maybe a Eastern Front expansion some time in the future . Thanks again. Scott

Blog Entries
    Just bumping along. Excited about the updated release. Thanks,Scott

Blog Entries
    Your BoB install is the only one i haven't messed with-(only pre-update release stuff) and runs flawless. Now have your BoB , Just Flight's CFS3 BoB , ETO-BoB and BoB II WOV . Can't have enough of BoB sims. Looking to reinstall CLoD since the new updates available-(junk stock install ) .

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Your BoB install is the only one i haven't messed with-(only pre-update release stuff) and runs flawless. Now have your BoB , Just Flight's CFS3 BoB , ETO-BoB and BoB II WOV . Can't have enough of BoB sims. Looking to reinstall CLoD since the new updates available-(junk stock install ) .
    If you need more I dare you to build a super-Bob with elements of Charlie's 1939, JF Bob, Pat's Bob, ETO Bob, all Foutemans's Bob era aircraft for both CFS3 and ETO, and see if you can keep it running . I get some mighty interesting hybrids but eventually I add something else and it all comes crumbling down. Last big one was around 2011...

Blog Entries
    Have all you mentioned ,just in stand alone installs. Really into anything concerning the Battle of Britain . Pat's BoB is one of the most fun and complete one with BoB II WOV running second place. Looking forward to Pat's updated BoB.Don't know about missions since Househobbit's injuries may prevent this . Hope all goes well for him as he is greatly missed. Really like his missions.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; November 29th, 2016 at 03:07.

OK, this is all very confusing, and frustrating. Finding Just Flight's CFS3 BoB should be easy enough, but where on earth do I find Pat's BoB, ETO-BoB and BoB II WOV. A link for each would be handy, as would a list of the required prerequisites for each.

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Just Flight's BoB for CFS3 is no longer available. Pat's CFS3-BoB can be found here http://cfs3bob.wix.com/battle-of-britain BoB II WOV can be found here http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/ updates for it here http://bob2wov.com/ . BoB-ETO is with the ETO expansion . It can be found here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-sim-outhouse/ . You need a pretty decent gaming computer for them all. I run a mid-level pc and they all run smooth for me.

If somebody would be so kind to tell me where to find "Charlie's 1939", that would be very much appreciated! Didn't know of its existence :-(.

And Pat's BoB is (for me :-)) still # 1! Thanks Pat, maybe the X-mas holidays with some grim weather will help you out of your "writers-block". An extra log on the fire and a whisky at hand might help .

Regards to you all,

hertzie.

Blog Entries
    Oh! Forgot he mentioned that one. Don't know what it is but it sounds like i heard about it a long time ago. Just flight's add on does have some nice aircraft and some really good missions too. Pat's BoB is brilliant as a stand alone combat sim with a more complete scenery , aircraft and more. It's the only CFS3 expansion that i haven't modded (do have the pre-release test update) and like it better than anything that's out there and it's all for free to boot.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    If you need more I dare you to build a super-Bob with elements of Charlie's 1939, JF Bob, Pat's Bob, ETO Bob, all Foutemans's Bob era aircraft for both CFS3 and ETO, and see if you can keep it running . I get some mighty interesting hybrids but eventually I add something else and it all comes crumbling down. Last big one was around 2011...
    The point of my list I suppose is that they are all addons for CFS3, so supremely modifiable. Best bits from each can be included in one big BoB install.

Charlie's 1939 was somewhat unfinished - perhaps I should have mentioned his "DC Diary/ day it all began" addon instead. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=13&id=3685
    It comes in three parts. The thing is you need to be very comfortable in how the guts of CFS3 works to make a "BoB super blend", but judicious use of some bits is fairly easy.

For example, although some of Charlie's stuff is dated, some of his AI takeoff spawns, and the way he linked them to airbases, is fun. Some of his larger ground spawn formations too. At the time his shaders.xml was an eye opener but nowadays Ankors is tops. Charlie also started the linking of voices to damage effects eg. "theregoesmeengine.wav" or "gotoneinthearm.wav".

In reality the latest efforts (Pat's Bob, ETO Bob) have got most of the good stuff (extended sound files for radio chatter) and there is very little to bring over for a good looking sim. JF BoB's stukas, perhaps? But the skins just reflect the age of the product, which was good in it's day.

Away from home/resources so running out of specifics here

Also worth investigating various missions sets such as Wulfmann's which was very detailed. With is and other seys it's worthwhile (and fun!) to edit the missions either in mb or the xml file to replace the ac with the latest versions of similar ac from ETO or wherever.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Just now started playing the BoB in the ETO and find it totally enjoyable. Still like the BoB by Pat and crew in that it is a stand alone and has a good selection of aircraft,air bases and more. Plays smooth with the best settings and i will not use any shader-mods(unless that used in stock install of Pat's BoB). Just the addition of more missions and better effects would be nice. Too bad Just Flight doesn't carry it's BoB but i have it on a separate install by itself. Thanks for the mention of the mission files . Will download them and mod them for more advanced aircraft. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Also worth investigating various missions sets such as Wulfmann's which was very detailed. With is and other seys it's worthwhile (and fun!) to edit the missions either in mb or the xml file to replace the ac with the latest versions of similar ac from ETO or wherever.

Totally agree its well worth the effort to port Wulfman's BoB missions to ETO

Members who have read this thread: 0