Multi LOD Question

Thread: Multi LOD Question

Multi LOD Question

I posted this in the Melbourne Deck park thread Before deciding it probably warranted one of its own.
    Does anybody know how to get multiple LOD's to show up at once. I have duplicated some Static A-4's in Gmax and have exported it into MCX but I can only get one LOD to show up at once, same thing happens once exported into sim. what am I missing. How do I get them all to show up at once.

Thanks

Hooky

The concept of having multiple LODs is that only one will show at a time.

That way, the further you get from an object a more simple LOD will be displayed.

Maybe a more in-depth explanation of what you are trying to do will get you a better answer.

cheers,
    Lane

Each LOD will show in the same place, so evaluating them all together needs another approach. Either export each LOD individually from Gmax as a unique .MDL, or space them out before exporting. I use the spacing method with aircraft models, but they cannot be tagged as LODs for evaluation in-sim or they'll not display all together. Oh, and label each LOD with a visual tag of some sort: I use a coloured sphere.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post886931
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I'm afraid to say I've given up. I got them to show up in the end but with no textures or completely invisible depending on how I exported it and if I can make a separate model moved forward in MCX the sim just blacks out and crashes so I'm calling it a day I'm afraid. I'll make do with just one. Thanks everyone for the help much appreciated

Kindest Regards

Hooky

Here's an example of what I'm on about the textures are in the right place as far as I can tell.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISsue.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0