wide screen monitor

Thread: wide screen monitor

wide screen monitor

I cannot get my resolution settings to allow me to see the (X) on the sim screen. I can see the (?) and (-). I recently bought this Widescreen LG and have been using it on my other computer. using an iogear KVM switch, to change from my XP sim desktop computer to my Windows 7 desktop. Hope I haven't messed up my ability to use it on my sim system. I was using a standard 17" monitor before.
    Any help?

With wide screen it is prob not a good idea to be running in full screen mode as CFS2 was never ment to be ran that way. Best stick to Windows mode or set CFS2 to run with a more square setting like 1024x768
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Mine is set at 1366 X 768 and works fine. If that won't do it, do as Allen suggests.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I was able to use the menu on the monitor to get the screen to 'original" rather than widescreen. I still cannot see the (X) but the cockpit views , etc all are OK. I can close out the sim by moving the mouse arrow to upper right corner of the screen to off the margin. left click and I get the message if I want to exit the sim.
    Figure that one out.
    I will live with it.
    I did try different resolutions after I changed to the "original" settings but to no avail.It is now set as Allen suggested.
    Thanks for the input from all.

The monitor could be physically set to normal 4:3 but the PC is still using wide screen. In the Control Panel go to Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want.

See if you can use 1024x768 or 1280x960. Any thing that is 4:3 Monitor Resolution should work fine with CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0