Move and Status Update

Thread: Move and Status Update

Blog Entries

Move and Status Update

The re-location out of CA has settled into it's second week at the new home/studio.

Just thought I'd post up a tiny update. Still no internet until Sept 23...hopefully of this year...lol. Things move slow here.

Working on modeling and other bits that don't need online assistance. That leaves things pretty thin.

I check in from the coffee shop daily, so I'll get any bumps that come my way.

Carry on....
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks for the update Gordon. Glad things are moving along. Progress is always good. Only five days till you are on line. Take care!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

No Internet? That can be very refreshing!

:-)

Cees

I've seen the movie < ..... "Wild Hogs" were Dudley is in the cafe with his laptop ...... must ride

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I've seen the movie < ..... "Wild Hogs" were Dudley is in the cafe with his laptop ...... must ride
    LMAO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    No Internet? That can be very refreshing!

:-)

Cees
    I actually went exploring yesterday. Walked down this path a few hundred feet and ran across this huge wet thing with some really grainy stuff running along the edge. I think it was the Pacific Ocean.

Funny thing Cees, we get attached to the tech with the real time weather engines or nav data and we forget to take time and smell the salt air. I am missing the work related data, but I can update to V4 next week...or maybe even the week after. In the meantime, I'm re-connecting to my 35 year love affair with the ocean. Will post up some pics when I patch back in to the inter web thingy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Back on the line...

OK. Went live yesterday PM, uploaded and installed the new P3D and plugging things back in to the real world. Thought I'd share a couple of pics taken from the "front yard". Actually, these shots are taken from a point about 200 meters from my spot, looking back at the front yard.

We are very fortunate to find this spot. This particular point is deep enough for the whales to come in very close. Kind of unbelievable that we are really living on this cliff overlooking my favorite ocean. I'll post up some update shots of works in progress that filled my time for the last three weeks while I was on sabbatical.

Thomas Jefferson

Oh man, Gordon you're too fortunate with such a spot! I like that first photograph, yay!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

What a beautiful , scenic spot .Thanks for posting . Keep them coming .

Rich

Those are beautiful shots of a wonderful place indeed!
    I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area long ago, and spent a lot of time at (and in!) the Pacific. I got stationed in Yuma, and wound up there for 30 years, but every chance I got, I'd run over to San Diego or Oceanside for a visit. I deeply missed the Pacific. Now I live in eastern Oregon, and can't really afford to make trips over to the coast, which just makes me even more "ocean-sick".
    Thanks for the pictures. Enjoy every second you can there, at, or even in, the Pacific.
    Pat☺

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Back on the line...

OK. Went live yesterday PM, uploaded and installed the new P3D and plugging things back in to the real world. Thought I'd share a couple of pics taken from the "front yard". Actually, these shots are taken from a point about 200 meters from my spot, looking back at the front yard.

We are very fortunate to find this spot. This particular point is deep enough for the whales to come in very close. Kind of unbelievable that we are really living on this cliff overlooking my favorite ocean. I'll post up some update shots of works in progress that filled my time for the last three weeks while I was on sabbatical.
    Nice view !!! You can relax very well there but please don't forget about new VC for Tigercat - most anticipated addon for me !
    Have a good day.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great photos, you are really lucky to live in these beautiful surroundings, Gordon.

Glad everything worked out!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Looks lovely Gman!

So is it the Oregon Coast? I must have missed 'where-to' in an earlier thread.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

It's definitely been a long...and arduous process to make this move. The new location is Oregon coast...and the water is frickin' cold, but the surf spots seem to hold potential if one does not mind sharing their surroundings with the Great Whites. lol

I've done some basic recon and there are some extremely nice little airports that are crying to be added to the work load. Those will come after I release my Owens valley group...now that I am back working and not busy re-modeling the house and preparing for the move.

One very nice little bush spot is at Lucas Lodge, Agness OR.

Thomas Jefferson

Waldport has a nice little strip..

My wife and I visit the area at least once each year.

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thanks guys.

It's definitely been a long...and arduous process to make this move. The new location is Oregon coast...and the water is frickin' cold, but the surf spots seem to hold potential if one does not mind sharing their surroundings with the Great Whites. lol

I've done some basic recon and there are some extremely nice little airports that are crying to be added to the work load. Those will come after I release my Owens valley group...now that I am back working and not busy re-modeling the house and preparing for the move.

One very nice little bush spot is at Lucas Lodge, Agness OR.

Nice!

Cees

You definitely found a great spot to move to Gordon! Enjoy it!

Huub

Hey Gman!

Your a third of the way up the coast from the wife's and I's anniversary spot in Brookings, to Florence which is home to THEE friendliest people on the west coast!!!

GOOD job!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Members who have read this thread: 0